Mcnally (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Just wish Doyle was slightly faster although I will say I forget sometimes how young he is and how much he's improving as the season goes by

Wonderful on the ball. As good, if not better than most midfielders in this division at passing it around.

Evo1883

Despite us giving them a game, twice, they are one of the best Championship sides in the last 20 years. They are a cut above. Beyer, Ekdal and Taylor Harwood-Bellis are another level to him.

Then you watch them against Man City and you see the gap. Between a superb Championship side and a top European side.

Wouldn't say another level , they played maatson left sided centre half in their last league match

procdoc

We managed to get Vik and O'Hare over the line from being loan players.

People look beyond the personal side of football sometimes. He must love it here for obvious reasons, coupled with the fact we are going in one direction, it won't just be a matter of going to Bournemouth because they will pay him an extra 5k a week.
People weren’t exactly clamouring to sign Vik at the time

stay_up_skyblues

Love to keep him, best defensive loan signing since Stephen Warnock. But if he was our player after this run of form would we be putting him in the select few that might get a move to a prem club in the next year or two? I think so.

So at 22 years old I’m not sure why Burnley would let him go after this run of form. Unless they’re going to get up and change their entire transfer philosophy why wouldn’t they develop him further for their first team? Might be a bit fanciful expecting them to take around what they paid for him.

Fergusons_Beard

Burnley don’t want him because like Hyam he can’t pass very accurately.
If he had Doyles passing ability he wouldn’t even be here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

slowpoke

It’s the problem with loanees especially young ones you are polishing other clubs talents, we seen it last season with Maatsen ironically also at Burnley be interesting to see what they do about him.
Obviously depending on what division we are in but it
might depend on what McNally wants but Burnley will be a premier club that’s an obvious attraction and in Vince Kompany another attraction.
Looking at Burnley yesterday they need serious work done on their defence
Which could cost serious money.

Seaside-Skyblue

Either way I'm hoping we at least "try" to get him because that would be a real sign of intent bringing a player like that on our books. This Summer should be quite exciting, I think we're in for a Summer to enjoy.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

CovBrummie94

Never fall in love with a loan signing…. I really hope we can get him back next season whether on loan or permanently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Julie SBA

I'd imagine we took him on loan with an option, hopefully at a fixed price which will soon be a bargain !!

slowpoke

I’d love us to sign McNally but I don’t want another will we won’t we scenario we have seen recently, if Robins wants him make a serious bid, if that fails move on there will be plenty other available this summer.
As for loaning him gain or Doyle not a lover of loans to be honest now we are rid of the sisu strangle hold I want our own players.

clint van damme

I’d love us to sign McNally but I don’t want another will we won’t we scenario we have seen recently, if Robins wants him make a serious bid, if that fails move on there will be plenty other available this summer.
As for loaning him gain or Doyle not a lover of loans to be honest now we are rid of the sisu strangle hold I want our own players.

Everyone uses loans, it wasn't exclusive to us because of our ex owners.

JimmyHillsbeard

O’Hare, Sheaf and Gyökeres were all loans that turned into permanent moves. In the case of the former and the latter the player’s experience while with us on loan seems to have been important. The sheaf deal was a structured loan to purchase.

Grendel

Everyone uses loans, it wasn't exclusive to us because of our ex owners.

It’s the quality of loans obviously. The likes of Cuffey and Esbrand are low quality - like the years when he had Sterry and Rawson

clint van damme

It’s the quality of loans obviously. The likes of Cuffey and Esbrand are low quality - like the years when he had Sterry and Rawson

That's a bit harsh!
Though they're clearly not at the level of Maatsen and JCS.
They are also less experienced than those 2, something mentioned when we signed them.

slowpoke

Norton-Cuffey has improved, and to be fair JWE hasn’t really had much game time but both are ideal candidates for the Grendel hate machine.

Users who are viewing this thread