Mcnally (3 Viewers)

slowpoke

I hope we can get him in the summer but could be difficult Burnley I’m sure will be impressed with him and could have him in their squad next season.

Winny the Bish

He's been so good and that won't get missed by other promotion hopefuls with more to spend. Wouldn't be shocked if he went to a Blackburn, Norwich, West Brom, Milwall etc

PVA

He's fucking brilliant, and could be a long term successor to Fadz.

As others have alluded to though, his performances have almost been too good because he'll now be attracting plenty of interest from other clubs.

Alkhen

If I was Burnley I'd loan him out to a championship team next season. He isn't realistically going to get game time in the Premier League. May as well keep him developing then if/when they go down they will have a seasoned player ready to slot in to their squad.

Will be plenty of offers for him. Hopefully we have shown enough to him to see he would be a key player here.

Mucca Mad Boys

I’m living in cooko land here, but imagine if we signed Cresswell and McNally?

I’d like to think that we can offer best proposition to McNally in terms of development. Look at Hamer, Gyokeres, Sheaf, loanees such as Maatsen and Doyle.

Especially if we’re competitive next season, he could earn a good premiership move!

Sky Blue Pete

I’m living in cooko land here, but imagine if we signed Cresswell and McNally?

I’d like to think that we can offer best proposition to McNally in terms of development. Look at Hamer, Gyokeres, Sheaf, loanees such as Maatsen and Doyle.

Especially if we’re competitive next season, he could earn a good premiership move!
I think we can’t afford him

pusbccfc

Brighton Sky Blue

He could only be afforded if Gyo goes for big money. That is unless King wants to chip in a few million.

pusbccfc

Hell get offers from richer clubs if he keeps playing like he has.

Nobody at this level will pay significantly more than what he's on now. We've got the advantage of being his home for the second half of this season and he's settled and enjoying it.
Let's not forget that not only do we have a new owner, we are likely to receive a large sum for Vik in the summer and rid of our highest paid player.

pusbccfc

To add, also. Like with Vik, he has flaws in his game. He's not good enough for the top flight and you can also see why Burnley didn't want to play him.

We are a great fit for him, either on loan for another year to develop or as a full time move to a club where he can kick start a push for a promotion.

Sick Boy

He's fucking brilliant, and could be a long term successor to Fadz.

As others have alluded to though, his performances have almost been too good because he'll now be attracting plenty of interest from other clubs.
He’s already far superior.

shmmeee

Nobody at this level will pay significantly more than what he's on now. We've got the advantage of being his home for the second half of this season and he's settled and enjoying it.
Let's not forget that not only do we have a new owner, we are likely to receive a large sum for Vik in the summer and rid of our highest paid player.

We do this every time. Never fall in love with loan players. Too many teams who will pay silly wages in this division.

pusbccfc

We do this every time. Never fall in love with loan players. Too many teams who will pay silly wages in this division.

We managed to get Vik and O'Hare over the line from being loan players.

People look beyond the personal side of football sometimes. He must love it here for obvious reasons, coupled with the fact we are going in one direction, it won't just be a matter of going to Bournemouth because they will pay him an extra 5k a week.

pusbccfc

We’d need to significantly increase our wage budget for starters.
I guess we’ll see how serious King is this summer.

We will but it won't need to be increased too much when 2 of our top 5/6 highest earners in Walker and Waghorn will be gone. You'd like to think Todd Kane will be out too. 3 Championship wage players plus the likes of Kelly.

shmmeee

We managed to get Vik and O'Hare over the line from being loan players.

People look beyond the personal side of football sometimes. He must love it here for obvious reasons, coupled with the fact we are going in one direction, it won't just be a matter of going to Bournemouth because they will pay him an extra 5k a week.

How many players have we had this conversation over though? Vik was a dark horse and O’Hare a special case who clearly loved the club. JCS, Osti, etc went the other way.

If it happens then great but I’m fully expecting to get gazumped by a relegated team or a side with cash to splash that doesn’t go up.

pusbccfc

How many players have we had this conversation over though? Vik was a dark horse and O’Hare a special case who clearly loved the club. JCS, Osti, etc went the other way.

If it happens then great but I’m fully expecting to get gazumped by a relegated team or a side with cash to splash that doesn’t go up.

JCS were the personal reasons I mentioned, he wanted to be closer to home.

Osti was far too good for us on a permanent and Brighton wanted him to gain experience elsewhere. Matty James and Liam Walsh are others but we are a different club to then. We are an established Championship side flirting with the play offs each year, 20,000 a week and with a new owner.

If Stoke, for example, offered him a little more money, I'm not sure he'd take it.

shmmeee

Osti was far too good for us on a permanent and Brighton wanted him to gain experience elsewhere. Matty James and Liam Walsh are others but we are a different club to then. We are an established Championship side flirting with the play offs each year, 20,000 a week and with a new owner.

If Stoke, for example, offered him a little more money, I'm not sure he'd take it.

Middlesbrough if they don’t go up? Sunderland? There’s teams that can afford to outbid us on any player really. The way he’s playing if I were a lower Prem team I’d give him a shot, I’d be surprised if Burnley let him go at all for that matter. Loan players have to hit a sweet spot of good but not great and McNally has shot past that in ten games.

fernandopartridge

Osti is / was never too good. McNally and even Doyle are much better.

pusbccfc

Middlesbrough if they don’t go up? Sunderland? There’s teams that can afford to outbid us on any player really. The way he’s playing if I were a lower Prem team I’d give him a shot, I’d be surprised if Burnley let him go at all for that matter. Loan players have to hit a sweet spot of good but not great and McNally has shot past that in ten games.

No reason why we shouldn't compete with either. He makes too many minor mistakes to play for a PL side.

I think he's been amazing, but also see why he's nowhere near the Burnley side.

fernandopartridge

Just wish Doyle was slightly faster although I will say I forget sometimes how young he is and how much he's improving as the season goes by
I agree, though I think he's learning how to not get his lack of pace exposed with starting positions.

What he offers on the ball is just brilliant though, the first goal today would never have happened if he was a "get rid of it" player.

pusbccfc

You can see why he's nowhere near the burnley side ? Really ?

Despite us giving them a game, twice, they are one of the best Championship sides in the last 20 years. They are a cut above. Beyer, Ekdal and Taylor Harwood-Bellis are another level to him.

Then you watch them against Man City and you see the gap. Between a superb Championship side and a top European side.

Users who are viewing this thread