Max (1 Viewer)

Adge

I think people need to take emotions out of selling and letting go a player.

Max has been a great servant for the club.
This work outside football in the community shows what a great guy he is.

He has scored some amazing goals and important goals. But we cant keep living in the past.

At the end fo the day he has been paid for
his services and now it times to move on.

Thank you Max for all the memories and I wish you well at your next club.
Don’t buy this great servant cobblers at all. He was here for 3-4 years, was injured during that period and as you alluded too-was paid for his services.
If you want an example of a “great servant” look no further than Oggy or Brian Borrows et al.

Ccfcisparks

Don’t buy this great servant cobblers at all. He was here for 3-4 years, was injured during that period and as you alluded too-was paid for his services.
If you want an example of a “great servant” look no further than Oggy or Brian Borrows et al.
Were Oggy and Brian Borrows playing for free then?

Bugsy

I thankyou, it was a privilege.... …PUSB

Last edited:

Bugsy

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

If the news is true, I fully wish him well and hope he enjoys some success at League One or possibly more sensibly League Two, has always seemed like a really nice bloke and I don't think his attitude or integrity can be questioned, which is all you can ask for in your workplace.

That said, I feel like I live on a different planet to what feels like 99% of our fanbase (I know it's just Social Media distorting it). Some of the tributes are like Messi has left us. Just seen the lad who runs Sky Blue Extra describe him as his favourite player for 5 or 10 years. I worry a little for fans of the next club who sign him who are going to see fans adoring him and gonna think they've got a significantly better acquisition than they have.

Bugsy

If the news is true, I fully wish him well and hope he enjoys some success at League One or possibly more sensibly League Two, has always seemed like a really nice bloke and I don't think his attitude or integrity can be questioned, which is all you can ask for in your workplace.

That said, I feel like I live on a different planet to what feels like 99% of our fanbase (I know it's just Social Media distorting it). Some of the tributes are like Messi has left us. Just seen the lad who runs Sky Blue Extra describe him as his favourite player for 5 or 10 years. I worry a little for fans of the next club who sign him who are going to see fans adoring him and gonna think they've got a significantly better acquisition than they have.

shhhhhusshhhhhhh that's the plan...PUSB

NorthernWisdom

Just seen the lad who runs Sky Blue Extra describe him as his favourite player for 5 or 10 years.
tbf I've got no problem with that. he tries hard, he's a success story, and he seems a decent bloke. Your favourite player doesn't mean that you think they're any good! I quite like Shipley based on the fact he's come with us from League Two after coming through the academy, but I'm not about to claim he's at the same level as O'Hare....

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

tbf I've got no problem with that. he tries hard, he's a success story, and he seems a decent bloke. Your favourite player doesn't mean that you think they're any good! I quite like Shipley based on the fact he's come with us from League Two after coming through the academy, but I'm not about to claim he's at the same level as O'Hare....
Yeah, fair enough. Just think choosing your favourite player over potentially a decade because they 'work hard' is a bit odd. Probably more my problem than theirs to be honest, shouldn't really have to justify why you think someone is your favourite player, but my brain struggles to understand how someone quite so limited can be loved for working pretty hard. I've never watched Jamie Allen and thought he's giving any less than 100% but if someone told me he was their favourite player of the last 5 - 10 years I'd be slightly bemused, and he's a better player.

SBAndy

Said all along that I would keep him for one more season but the way some are talking it’s treasonous for him to ever be let go. Our fans are bizarre.

Sky Blue Pete

Why don’t we offer Max a new contract as Sky Blue Sam. That way you can all hug him every week... move on, he’s not good enough to take us forward.. I’m looking forward to who Robins has lined up to replace him...

Now that’s funny!!

I love Max and only hope the best for him but we have to improve every year

better days

Said all along that I would keep him for one more season but the way some are talking it’s treasonous for him to ever be let go. Our fans are bizarre.
All clubs have fans with diverse opinions
This is going to be a difficult window for many out of contract players but I don't think Max will be short of options
Max is a very decent man which in the long run always trumps how good a player someone is
We can all think of examples of brilliant players who are 10th rate human beings
Max is a first rate human being and an honest player who gives everything within his limitations
I suspect Max and Robins have talked things over and Max has been advised to look for a club

rexo87

Max is someone who has been with us from our very bottom to where we are now. A lot of our younger fans haven’t ever known success like the last 3/4 years so any player who has been on that journey is going to be regarded highly. At to that the fact he interacts with the fans superbly it’s easy to see why younger fans have a deep affection to him. I don’t see the problem with this at all and why people have to get their arse in a twist because people like Max i don’t know. He has also scored hugely important and often ridiculously good goals for us. Yes, to improve Robins needs to be ruthless and we have to upgrade on the likes of Max but there is absolutely nothing wrong with being sad to see him go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PVA

Max is someone who has been with us from our very bottom to where we are now. A lot of our younger fans haven’t ever known success like the last 3/4 years so any player who has been on that journey is going to be regarded highly. At to that the fact he interacts with the fans superbly it’s easy to see why younger fans have a deep affection to him. I don’t see the problem with this at all and why people have to get their arse in a twist because people like Max i don’t know. He has also scored hugely important and often ridiculously good goals for us. Yes, to improve Robins needs to be ruthless and we have to upgrade on the likes of Max but there is absolutely nothing wrong with being sad to see him go

Good post (y)

Skybluefaz

Despite my playing silly buggers talking about testimonials earlier in the thread you are right.

Greggs

The latest comment is gold on Facebook:
‘Walker gets the tap ins but contributes nothing to the team’.
What the fuck are these people on?
We get it, you love Walker. But on what basis?

Terry Gibson's perm

I think people need to take emotions out of selling and letting go a player.

Max has been a great servant for the club. This work outside football in the community shows what a great guy he is.

He has scored some amazing goals and important goals. But we cant keep living in the past.

At the end fo the day he has been paid for his services and now it times to move on.

Thank you Max for all the memories and I wish you well at your next club.

Luckily the man making the decision will take the emotion out of it.

Terry Gibson's perm

It’s lucky Facebook etc wasn’t about when we sold Robbie Keane, Dion Dublin or Terry Gibson it would have been Coventry on sea with all the tears.

Greggs

All clubs have fans with diverse opinions
This is going to be a difficult window for many out of contract players but I don't think Max will be short of options
Max is a very decent man which in the long run always trumps how good a player someone is
We can all think of examples of brilliant players who are 10th rate human beings
Max is a first rate human being and an honest player who gives everything within his limitations

I suspect Max and Robins have talked things over and Max has been advised to look for a club
Exactly. I'd certainly have one or two of them within the squad, rather that than a bad apple who is a slightly better player.

Grendel

Is Shipley regarded highly?

Tommo1993

100% correct. Imagine berating a generation of fans rating a player who played a big part on what can be considered a revival.

giphy.gif

skybluesam66

he is very much similar to Mo Konjic
Limited ability
100% effort
loves and would die for the club
Fan favourite

I personally would keep him in the squad for another year, but if that stops us bringing somebody else in, then probably not

Users who are viewing this thread