Max (1 Viewer)

Skybluefaz

Someone start the petition to get his testimonial as the first game at the CBSA. What a fitting way to come back, by saying goodbye to one of the most influential strikers of the last decade. Sir Max.

wantageskyblue

There's others calling him a "Sky Blue legend" & demanding he gets a coaching role when he retires... Literally couldn't make it up.

For me, he's clearly a great guy & done a good job for us, exactly the same as Baka, best for all parties that he moves on.
Thanks for your efforts, best of luck in the future.
Re legend and coaching role - you are kidding, right?

pipkin73

Max might not be the best player we ever had, but he loves this club and the supporters.
Last season he donated 50gbp and for this seasons fund 100 gbp.

You don't do that if you don't care about the fans and club.

He always gave max effort and scored important goals for us. At times this season he has led the front line on his own, having injections to play as the others were injured, risking his injury geting worse.

If he has gone, i wish him the best with his career and hope he gets a good club.

MR was prepared to let him go last season but he stayed here to fight for his place. With all the injuries we had, where would we have finnished without his efforts?

It would have been 20goals instead.

Who would you have prefered for the games Max has played, him or Bakka?

Bugsy

CovUpNorth

Someone start the petition to get his testimonial as the first game at the CBSA. What a fitting way to come back, by saying goodbye to one of the most influential strikers of the last decade. Sir Max.
Up there with John Gayle and Gary Bannister

Offhegoes

Max might not be the best player we ever had, but he loves this club and the supporters.
Last season he donated 50gbp and for this seasons fund 100 gbp.

You don't do that if you don't care about the fans and club.

He always gave max effort and scored important goals for us. At times this season he has led the front line on his own, having injections to play as the others were injured, risking his injury geting worse.

If he has gone, i wish him the best with his career and hope he gets a good club.

MR was prepared to let him go last season but he stayed here to fight for his place. With all the injuries we had, where would we have finnished without his efforts?

It would have been 20goals instead.

Who would you have prefered for the games Max has played, him or Bakka?

Spot on mate! I like Max, and as you say was told to find another club a year ago, but stuck around to fight for his place. In the end he was needed, and did score some crucial goals. I don't think Baka would of got those.
I actually want / wanted him to get a 1 year deal, but with Robins bringing in a No 1 striker, so Max would be 4th choice, but he deserves a 2 year deal at a League 1 / 2 club and to be first choice.

Langers70

Farewell Max seemed a decent guy with a genuine love for the club and the supporters.Yes he was limited,but always gave his all,played with a niggling knee injury when we needed him the most too.A scorer of spectacular goals but also guilty of missing easier chances,the life of a striker i suppose.All the best for the future Max wherever that may be 💙

skyblueinBaku

If true who is Grenners going to hate next year?
He's got plenty of time to decide who his next whipping boy will be. After all, we don't know who is joining the club and Grendel's next victim may be one of the joiners.

chiefdave

He seems a nice enough bloke but some people are going way over the top, and we don't even know for sure he's leaving yet!

If he were to stay for me he would need to be, at best, fourth choice, more likely fifth choice. You'd hope that next season those ahead of him wouldn't be missing so many games through injury so his best case scenario would be U23 games and a few appearances off the bench. Can imagine if he's happy to drop down a division or two he'll get a lot more game time.

jordan210

I think people need to take emotions out of selling and letting go a player.

Max has been a great servant for the club. This work outside football in the community shows what a great guy he is.

He has scored some amazing goals and important goals. But we cant keep living in the past.

At the end fo the day he has been paid for his services and now it times to move on.

Thank you Max for all the memories and I wish you well at your next club.

Bugsy

Users who are viewing this thread