Max (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I’m not scorning, I’ve been very complimentary to him over the last couple of days.

only as he’s gone 😂

Skyblueweeman

…he hasn’t been a key player over the last 4 years.

I don't get some posters hatred of him or the fact that they're glad he's gone. Just strange.

But I agree with you...he's definitely not a legend...I'm not sure he's even earned 'cult' status to be honest. He popped up with some important goals on occasion and seemed a decent, well liked member of the team. But he's not been prolific or been a majorly key aspect of the team for a long spell of time.

If anything, he's earned cult status just for adding to the divisions between G and the majority on here.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I didn’t hate Max, and it’s not that I’m glad he’s gone.

He scored some cracking goals, put in a couple of good performances in key games.

But ultimately we need to be ruthless. It’s clear he isn’t good enough for this level. Before league two we stuck by players for too long or signed players past their sell by date (McSheffrey spell 2)

Thanks for being a member of these last 4 years, been our best period of football since we’ve been relegated and Good luck

lord_garrincha

Season tickets should sell out now so we can all be there for the momentous occasion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have an extra pint at the Cherry Tree & rock up at 10 past!

After reading some of the replies to the club tweets... You realise there are some proper freaks that reside there!

Adge

Curtis-Hutchison-Oggy-Borrows-Regis-Dublin. Biamou.......don’t think so.

Legia Sky Blue

Max is/ was not a legend. However, he was a good honest servant to the club though a period that the club has been on the up, and he will deserve a place at 'Legends Day', given that in reality it is 'Ex Players Day'. The number of true 'Legends' that attend can usually be counted on one hand.

BackRoomRummermill

Max is/ was not a legend. However, he was a good honest servant to the club though a period that the club has been on the up, and he will deserve a place at 'Legends Day', given that in reality it is 'Ex Players Day'. The number of true 'Legends' that attend can usually be counted on one hand.

were you at the candle light vigil as well lol ?

Bugsy

Joy Division

Obviously had his limitations as a player but I think Max is seen as an embodiment of the turnaround of our fortunes as a club after relegation to League 2. That whole being in it together feeling between fans and players that we'd not had before, especially with the dross we'd been served up the seasons prior to that.

With Max gone I think that makes it only 3 players left from the Play-Off winning team.

Users who are viewing this thread