Max Biamou (2 Viewers)

Happy_Martian

#InMaxWeTrust

fatso

Be honest, is that what you want for the club? Is that the best direction for our future, having biamou as 2nd choice or 1st choice based off formation?

At no other club in this league would this be a Discussion, our fans are too emotional towards people who try rather than natural ability... Let me guess... Paul Telfer top 10 at City ever? Carl Baker top 5
I think your missing the point, if max can become 2nd striker, just by putting in the effort, how bad must the others be?
And why the fuck cant they all put a shift in?

It's not Biamou's fault that he's restricted in terms of ability, but you can see he's trying his best every time he pulls on the shirt. And yet no one is suggesting that he will keep Godden out of the side once fit, So where you get the idea that effort is all that matters I've no idea!

Londonccfcfan

He's played 1654 minutes in total which is the minutes equivalent of 18 matches. A goal every 414 minutes in the Championship. 4 from 18 matches. Not amazing but not awful either - about where you'd expect for a 3rd choice striker.

After a run of starts there are some signs he's adapting and improving again and the gap between his good performances are reducing. There are still some parts of his game that are very very raw and I doubt that will ever change. Think he's very much a confidence player too, his better peformances, not just at this level, seem to coincide with an early goal and his performances deteriorate the longer he goes without scoring.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on between now and the end of the season. If he puts together a string of perfomances he'll be accused of playing for a contract but we should all hope he does put some consistent performances together because it will mean we don't have to rush Godden back.

This another logical and sensible post. Amongst the squirming crap.

stupot07

How many strikers have we had at championship level worse than him? Nimely and Hines I can think of. Even Clive Platt scored goals in leagues 1 and 2
Nimely,
Hines,
Platt,
Graham Barrett,
Eddie Johnson,
Lee Mills was pretty poor,
Ysrael Zuniga,
Jairo Martinez
Juan Sara
Onandi Lowe
Sebastian Olszar
Youssef Sofiane
Donovan Simmonds
Kevin Kyle
Jamie McMaster
Freddie Sears (at the time)
Gary Madine (first spell)
Roy O'Donovan
Cody McDonald

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 11652

He wasn't that bad. Was injured practically the whole of the first season and scored a goal every 162 minutes in the league last season, and 1 every 105 minutes across all competitions last season.

He wasn't that bad. Was injured practically the whole of the first season and scored a goal every 162 minutes in the league last season, and 1 every 105 minutes across all competitions last season.

4 goals 2 assists at league one level

D

Deleted member 11652

Nimely,
Hines,
Platt,
Graham Barrett,
Eddie Johnson,
Lee Mills was pretty poor,
Ysrael Zuniga,
Jairo Martinez
Juan Sara
Onandi Lowe
Sebastian Olszar
Youssef Sofiane
Donovan Simmonds
Kevin Kyle
Jamie McMaster
Freddie Sears (at the time)
Gary Madine (first spell)
Roy O'Donovan
Cody McDonald

Platt, Kyle, McDonald, O’donovan, Sears, Madine all better without doubt.

Simmonds never even played right?

Too young to know the rest other than Nimley and Hines who I named

D

Deleted member 11652

He played 651 minutes last season, impressive contribution when you consider the number of minutes he played.

And thank god. Had he played anymore we wouldn’t have won the league

Bugsy

I'm not having that Biamou is better than kyle, O'donovan and sears without a doubt

ccfc1234

I mean Baka has 11 league goals in 66 for us and Biamou 13 in 88... Coventry fans can't destroy Bakayoko and be in love with Biamou it's fucking insane logic
Out of interest which do you think is the more important statistic, mins on pitch to goals ratio or simply appearances?

Grendel

Ponticelli scored one in every 109 minutes in league 2

stupot07

Here's their record with us in the championship.

Sears 10 games 0 goals
Kyle 44 games 5 goals
Mcdonald 23 games 4 goals
O'Donovan 13 games 0 goals
Madine 9 games 0 goals

I thought platt was ok as a foil for Jukebox tbf 67 games 7 goals

Evo1883

Out of interest which do you think is the more important statistic, mins on pitch to goals ratio or simply appearances?
I know the goal per minute stat for both etc.. It's circumstantial tbh... Overall a striker is judged on how many goals he scores a season... Max this season has an average of 61 minutes per match btw.....

I wasn't going to continue with this but you asked so I duly replied

Evo1883

Sears 10 games 0 goals
Kyle 44 games 5 goals
Madine 9 games 0 goals

I thought platt was ok tbf 67 games 7 goals

I rated absolutely none of those players tbh.. Not one.
Really poor forwards at this club

Evo1883

McDonald, now that's a striker that missed sitters jesus christ the memories

ccfc1234

I know the goal per minute stat for both etc.. It's circumstantial tbh... Overall a striker is judged on how many goals he scores a season... Max this season has an average of 61 minutes per match btw.....

I wasn't going to continue with this but you asked so I duly replied
How highly did you rate Dennis Bergkamp at Arsenal and Zola at Chelsea? Interestingly both had a similar mins to goals ratio as Max in the championship.

To be clear I am not comparing the overall ability. I am making the point stats don't tell the whole story and forwards can be considered decent without having a Ronaldo like goals to games ratio.

Last edited:

Evo1883

both factions in this debate are losing their collective minds and ability to be objective. It's madness.
Yea I admit I am tbh... I try and remain level headed but get dragged out of that zone eventually... Il give max this...hes had a couple good games recently.. And I'm pleased with his input atm all things considered

IL maintain he gets an easier ride than any other forward in recent memory at this club

Evo1883

How highly did you rate Dennis Bergkamp at Arsenal and Zola at Chelsea? Interestingly both had a similar mins to goals ratio as Max in the championship.
I mean Dennis was actually a second striker... One of the most naturally gifted players I've ever witnessed... Elegant on the ball, could feed his partner and hold the ball well.. Brilliant brain, top 5 dutch players of all time?

Again zola was more a second striker.. Another great player on the ball, skillful, fast... Did it against the best of his time... Baggio was better

What's the argument here

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 11652

Sears 10 games 0 goals
Kyle 44 games 5 goals
Madine 9 games 0 goals

I thought platt was ok as a foil for Jukebox tbf 67 games 7 goals

And their records at league 1 level please

D

Deleted member 11652

He scored 19 in 119 games in English football. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Hahaha you were in tears saying we were definitely down 3 weeks ago.

Has Bianou had as good a season as Roy O’donovan at Hartlepool yes or no?

Biamou has 22 in 106. Hardly worlds away is it😂😂

clint van damme

Yea I admit I am tbh... I try and remain level headed but get dragged out of that zone eventually... Il give max this...hes had a couple good games recently.. And I'm pleased with his input atm all things considered

IL maintain he gets an easier ride than any other forward in recent memory at this club

Wasn't referring to you Evo.
Your posts on the subject are pretty balanced.
But some people seem to relish slating him while others make out he's the second coming of Dennis Berkamp!

Users who are viewing this thread