Max biamou league stats (1 Viewer)

BackRoomRummermill

All this was debated back in October , it has resurfaced just as I predicted. I am bored of it to be honest, he is 'useless in' a striker role, everyone can bleat all they like about how hard he works but so would anyone to compensate for the mere fact not good enough to 'score goals in this division'

thekidfromstrettoncamp

You agree with all the highlighted things wrong with our team: two defensive midfielders, no natural width, and no pace and then blame our target man, deployed in a defensive role for not scoring while comparing him to strikers whose teams are set up to bring the best out of them. We agree on many of the flaws in our team but this is one is a symptom not the cause. You know why he's been getting picked every week? Because he's been doing exactly what Robins has asked him to do. I think he would score more if we had real wingers and given the freedom to play as an out and out striker. He's never going to be prolific but I think he'd be better. I blame Robins and these terrible tactics, you just think he's shit and are pointing to meaningless shooting stats to try and prove it.
He has had 35 shots and scored 2 goals Mark has been in the same environment and scored14 and had 79 shots played more games but come on . On the wingers last home game Reid put over 2or 3 good crosses and other times when crosses come into the box and they have done corners and so forth I cannot remember him being on the end or anywhere near them .He gets picked each week because Robins in his misguided way thinks he is a striker. He is not. By the way every stat you look at proves he is not.

Grendel

Cracking bump to point out that people aren't saying much about a player who's not playing.

To be fair he hasn’t been playing all season.

mark82

To be fair he hasn’t been playing all season.

Did alright when he did play, other than lack of goals. Not as bad as many have made out. Always put in 100% effort and improved game by game. Clarke-Harris is obviously a much better player though.

Grendel

Did alright when he did play, other than lack of goals. Not as bad as many have made out. Always put in 100% effort and improved game by game. Clarke-Harris is obviously a much better player though.

Yeah he’s as bad as some of us made out.

Fergusons_Beard

Fook me-he hasn’t even had a full season in the football league and we already slagging him off for not having as many shots as seasoned proffesionals!

Max is very much a striker in the Heskey mould. Those who actually have seen him play for city in the flesh and realise that stats don’t show his runs, flick ons, hold ups or work ethic, realise that he brings so much more than shots on target.

Max is still very much a work in progress and will only benefit from working with Sparky and JCH.

I can tell you something for nothing-he’ll be brilliant next season for city in league 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Garryb80

Fook me-he hasn’t even had a full season in the football league and we already slagging him off for not having as many shots as seasoned proffesionals!

Max is very much a striker in the Heskey mould. Those who actually have seen him play for city in the flesh and realise that stats don’t show his runs, flick ons, hold ups or work ethic, realise that he brings so much more than shots on target.

Max is still very much a work in progress and will only benefit from working with Sparky and JCH.

I can tell you something for nothing-he’ll be brilliant next season for city in league 1.

When is your next comedy gig?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I’ve got no problem with Max at all, he works his arse off and that’s all he can really do when played. I would agree he’s not been good enough to warrant selection but that’s an issue with the manager not Max. One gripe I do have with the people who sing his praise is the referral of ‘flick ons’. I’ve seen it a few times now. I’ve barely ever seen him win a decent flick on. Getting your head to the ball and it skimming off and going nowhere near any city player isn’t a flick on, nor is it ‘winning’ a header. It’s just deflecting the ball away from where it was originally intended to land. Like I said, nothing against Max, but think we need to be realistic even when defending his skill set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adge

Never mind, it will all be OK when he's on the bench at the weekend and waving at the crowd when warming up.

skybluesam66

Roll forward to the end of may bank holiday
end of 90 minutes mansfield 2 coventry 2
Biamou comes on, runs all the way down the wing on his own, sends in a cross, comes off a Mansfield;s player's knee, and flies over the keeper
Biamou;s part will be long forgotten, but the Mansfield defender will go down in CCFC history

ceetee

I’ve got no problem with Max at all, he works his arse off and that’s all he can really do when played. I would agree he’s not been good enough to warrant selection but that’s an issue with the manager not Max. One gripe I do have with the people who sing his praise is the referral of ‘flick ons’. I’ve seen it a few times now. I’ve barely ever seen him win a decent flick on. Getting your head to the ball and it skimming off and going nowhere near any city player isn’t a flick on, nor is it ‘winning’ a header. It’s just deflecting the ball away from where it was originally intended to land. Like I said, nothing against Max, but think we need to be realistic even when defending his skill set

But at least the defender doesn't get a free header and so the ball doesn't go straight back

Esoterica

Who is he supposed to be heading the ball to though? When we've been hoofing the ball long it has been a rushed outlet lacking accuracy, not a scripted tactic e.g. Akinfenwa or Pope at Port Vale whose teams are set up specifically for that. McNulty hasn't played off him all season and is often in a separate quadrant of the pitch to his strike partner even now, our central midfield have been back on the defences toes and our wide midfielders haven't run beyond our strikers all season because they are either ball carriers like Jones, Nazon, Bayliss, too slow/unfit for that like Vincenti/Barrett or defensive minded like Shipley.
Should Biamou have started as many games as he has? No. Should he have scored more goals? Yes, several. Is he as good as JCH? No of course a guy in his first professional season is not as good as someone that has played Champ football. But he's worked hard, improved aspects of his game as the season has gone on and been chucked under the bus by Robins awful tactics for most of the season, barely being used as a genuine striker. Some of the vitriolic criticism aimed at him is totally unnecessary.

Mucca Mad Boys

Who is he supposed to be heading the ball to though? When we've been hoofing the ball long it has been a rushed outlet lacking accuracy, not a scripted tactic e.g. Akinfenwa or Pope at Port Vale whose teams are set up specifically for that. McNulty hasn't played off him all season and is often in a separate quadrant of the pitch to his strike partner even now, our central midfield have been back on the defences toes and our wide midfielders haven't run beyond our strikers all season because they are either ball carriers like Jones, Nazon, Bayliss, too slow/unfit for that like Vincenti/Barrett or defensive minded like Shipley.
Should Biamou have started as many games as he has? No. Should he have scored more goals? Yes, several. Is he as good as JCH? No of course a guy in his first professional season is not as good as someone that has played Champ football. But he's worked hard, improved aspects of his game as the season has gone on and been chucked under the bus by Robins awful tactics for most of the season, barely being used as a genuine striker. Some of the vitriolic criticism aimed at him is totally unnecessary.

I agree with about 80% of this post, however:

You can blame Robins’ tactics for Biamou’s lack of chances, but that doesn’t change the fact that Biamou has missed clear-cut chances. I think Biamou is a decent striker, but he doesn’t fashion chances for himself, like McNulty or JCH and he wasn’t much of a set-piece threat as JCH. It was his miss vs Exeter, in an important game we were 1-0 down in that forced Robins’ hand - he said publicly that we needed a ‘number 9’, that’s indicative of a manager who had ran out of patience.

In 20+ league appearances, he scored 1 goal, as people have mentioned prior, he’s had 35 shots too. Contrast this to McNulty or JCH, they still manage in the same conditions as Biamou.

I think we can see tangible improvements from Biamou, and I think he’s been good fodder for Nazon and McNulty, but, in a sense, he played himself out of the starting lineup.

Esoterica

I agree with about 80% of this post, however:

You can blame Robins’ tactics for Biamou’s lack of chances, but that doesn’t change the fact that Biamou has missed clear-cut chances. I think Biamou is a decent striker, but he doesn’t fashion chances for himself, like McNulty or JCH and he wasn’t much of a set-piece threat as JCH. It was his miss vs Exeter, in an important game we were 1-0 down in that forced Robins’ hand - he said publicly that we needed a ‘number 9’, that’s indicative of a manager who had ran out of patience.

In 20+ league appearances, he scored 1 goal, as people have mentioned prior, he’s had 35 shots too. Contrast this to McNulty or JCH, they still manage in the same conditions as Biamou.

I think we can see tangible improvements from Biamou, and I think he’s been good fodder for Nazon and McNulty, but, in a sense, he played himself out of the starting lineup.
It doesn't change that he has missed chances, no. I said he should have scored several more than he did. His lack of goals was hugely weighing on him but straight after that Exeter miss he scored in consecutive games vs Swindon and MK, got an assist vs Cambridge and then Robins switched back to a injured Doyle and unfit Kelly as a middle pairing and the performances went to shit again. I think he'd just started to turn a corner with that aspect of his game but JCH has come in and took his chance and does look sharper in the box. I don't think you can really contrast it with McNulty (who also struggled in the beginning when his fitness wasn't up to scratch and his confidence was low) or JCH as they are clearly playing different roles but that's half the problem, people don't see these subtleties and just quote poorly compiled bbc stats.

Mucca Mad Boys

It doesn't change that he has missed chances, no. I said he should have scored several more than he did. His lack of goals was hugely weighing on him but straight after that Exeter miss he scored in consecutive games vs Swindon and MK, got an assist vs Cambridge and then Robins switched back to a injured Doyle and unfit Kelly as a middle pairing and the performances went to shit again. I think he'd just started to turn a corner with that aspect of his game but JCH has come in and took his chance and does look sharper in the box. I don't think you can really contrast it with McNulty (who also struggled in the beginning when his fitness wasn't up to scratch and his confidence was low) or JCH as they are clearly playing different roles but that's half the problem, people don't see these subtleties and just quote poorly compiled bbc stats.

Maybe he did turn a corner, maybe not. But one thing is certain, JCH got his chance vs Brighton, a premier league side, and he took it ruthlessly, hitting the woodwork twice and scoring with a class finish. Now he’s got 4 in 9 games (yes I’m crediting the Crewe goal).

I’m not hating on Biamou, I think he’s an improving player, and wasn’t signed to be in the Starting XI as soon as he did. However, it’s quite apparent that JCH is a cut above Biamou in most departments. I think he’s just as aggressive and physical, he carries the ball from deep - something Biamou never really did in the games I’ve seen him - and is obviously a more natural goal scorer. It’s a no-brainer whether or not Biamou turned a corner or not.

Let’s be honest, with 3 goals in about 30 odd games, you can’t really say Biamou hasn’t had a fair crack of the whip. Bayliss has only been involved since December and has scored that many goals.

Liquid Gold

Is anybody arguing that Biamou should be starting ahead of JCH? I don't see one so I don't get what all the fuss is about.

lifeskyblue

Always feel biamou gives his best. For that alone he should be praised. He works harder than anyone else in the current squad in my opinion. He is ok at holding the ball up and winning headers. He has to learn to direct his flick ons a little more or to have someone with real pace playing alongside him. He also needs quicker thinking in his decision making on when to play someone in or hold onto the ball himself. He does need to hit the target more...his lack of goals at this level is startling. Hopefully robins will spend time with him over the summer and coach better movement in the 18yrd box.
Should JCH get injured in the run in I feel max won’t let anyone down but whether or not he can create enough opportunities for himself and others I’m not sure.

Grendel

Londonccfcfan

I love MAx!!!!!!

Hes a100%er!

Users who are viewing this thread