Max biamou league stats (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

For the one JCH hit the post, when was the last time we got a midfielder behind the defence in a position like that?! Accringtons left winger did that to us 4 times last week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not since Jodi jones got injured.

Mucca Mad Boys

Not since Jodi jones got injured.

Both Vincenti and Shipley’s first choice positions are CM too, Shipley has got a good delivery on him but neither are out and out wingers. When we had Jones, I was happy because there was balance, there isn’t anymore. I’m not going to blame Robins because we had that many players to sign and it wasn’t a priority. Over the next summer, we need either a winger either as a backup or starter. Perhaps the D&R lad we were linked with.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

That's a reasonable rate of return in division 4.
Sorry been away couple of days missed all this. I've been banging on about this for ages "reasonable rate" according to BBC scorers charts Biamou 35 shots 15 on target 2 goals 43% on target Akinfenwa about the same % of shots on target 15 goals Grant Notts county the same % 14 goals any reasonable striker in this division will score 1 ever 5 or 6 shots Look our own players Michael Doyle 14 shots 3 goals , Shipley 19 shots 3 goals, Bayliss 2 in 8 come too think ever scorer for us this season has a better goals per shot record than him and they are not strikers . Like I keep saying let the guy learn his trade in the u 23 first . I think he is 1 of the main reason we are where we are at the moment should have been dropped long ago

SlowerThanPlatt

Sorry been away couple of days missed all this. I've been banging on about this for ages "reasonable rate" according to BBC scorers charts Biamou 35 shots 15 on target 2 goals 43% on target Akinfenwa about the same % of shots on target 15 goals Grant Notts county the same % 14 goals any reasonable striker in this division will score 1 ever 5 or 6 shots Look our own players Michael Doyle 14 shots 3 goals , Shipley 19 shots 3 goals, Bayliss 2 in 8 come too think ever scorer for us this season has a better goals per shot record than him and they are not strikers . Like I keep saying let the guy learn his trade in the u 23 first . I think he is 1 of the main reason we are where we are at the moment should have been dropped long ago

A 27 year old shouldn’t be ‘learning his trade’ in the U23s. If he’s not good enough at that age then there’s little point him being here

ccfcway

well this doesn't fit in with the "he's not getting any chances" comments.

Esoterica

well this doesn't fit in with the "he's not getting any chances" comments.
That's bollocks.
Akinfenwa on average has twice as many shots - 3 shots per game to Biamou's 1.5.
It's 1 shot every 29.6 minutes for Akinfenwa
1 shot every 36.6 mins for McNulty
1 every 39.9 for Danny Hylton before he was injured
a shot ever 43.4 mins for James Collins
a shot ever 45.3 mins for Billy Kee
a shot every 51.1 mins for Jorge Grant
a shot every 53.6 for Matt Rhead.
a shot every 56.6 mins for Biamou.

It's THE worst football stat to base analysis on, from the guy who thinks Doyle was just making Kelly look good for the first 20 games of the season.
Plus those are just shots, no context from where or whether they are really a chance e.g Nazon averaged 1 shot every 26 mins, Jones 1 shot every 35.6 minutes. Were we super creative first half of the season? No we weren't, they'd just shoot from anywhere. He quotes Shipley, most of whose shots have been direct free kicks (1 shot every 84 mins), Bayliss whose 2 goals have been a massive deflection and a limp wristed save from the Colchester keeper while averaging a shot every 120 minutes, Doyle 1 shot every 3 games 190 minutes. We create nothing from anywhere on the pitch. JCH will improve us, he's a better player who has played in higher divisions and looks like he can get goals out of nothing again but Biamou's still been thrown under the bus with these negative tactics.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

So Akinfenwa has had twice as many shots as Biamou he has scored 15 goals to Biamou's 2 it's goals we want from a striker . He has also had 10 assists . Tom Pope who we offered peanuts for 14 goals "an old carthorse" someone on here called him Christian Doidge plays in a team who have scored about the same number of goals as us has scored 15 goals 1 goal ever 195 minutes on the pitch Max 1 goal ever 992 minutes on the pitch. I could not bother how many shots he or anyone has it goals that win games not shots While your on about it 1 of his 2 goal was a deflection off the keeper which could have gone anywhere. ( not that I knock it that all goals count).You mentioned Billy Kee at Biamou's rate of scoring it would take him 4 full seasons playing every minute of league games to score what he has done in 31 games . He should not be playing in our first team . Still stand by my thoughts on Kelly

ccfcway

That's bollocks.
Akinfenwa on average has twice as many shots - 3 shots per game to Biamou's 1.5.
It's 1 shot every 29.6 minutes for Akinfenwa
1 shot every 36.6 mins for McNulty
1 every 39.9 for Danny Hylton before he was injured
a shot ever 43.4 mins for James Collins
a shot ever 45.3 mins for Billy Kee
a shot every 51.1 mins for Jorge Grant
a shot every 53.6 for Matt Rhead.
a shot every 56.6 mins for Biamou.

not sure that helps the argument for the lack of service camp.

Grendel

So how doesn't it fit with the 'He's not getting any chances comments?' You think 1 shot every other game is creative?

As he has no predatory instinct he will not have as as many shots as the other strikers you mention - would he have been in position for the any of the chances his replacement made on Saturday - no. When the keeper saved in the last minute the strikers you mentioned would be in position to score not lumbering around with zero purpose.

Nick

Administrator
As he has no predatory instinct he will not have as as many shots as the other strikers you mention - would he have been in position for the any of the chances his replacement made on Saturday - no. When the keeper saved in the last minute the strikers you mentioned would be in position to score not lumbering around with zero purpose.
Why didn't they score them then?

SlowerThanPlatt

How do you see player shot stats on BBC? I can’t find it

Esoterica

Yours is the only reasonable argument on the thread. You think he doesn't make the runs to get in goal scoring positions. Very hard to prove either way though, which is the kind of argument you love! I think he's a perfectly decent L2 striker who took time out of his chosen career to educate himself but is progressing on a rapid learning curve in professional football. All exacerbated by Robins asking him to play in a role he's not played before as a defensive target man. People are comparing him to Akinfenwa whose whole team are set up to play through him.

Esoterica

surely if he has a shot every 57 mins he is getting 3 shots every 2 games ?, slightly less than Jorge Grant, who has bagged 14 goals ?
Jorge grant who is playing off the target men of Jon Stead and Shola Ameobi? You should watch more games rather than digging at other people for being negative. Where's the logic in comparing goal scoring midfielders on loan from champ clubs with a player used as a target outlet?

ccfcway

Jorge grant who is playing off the target men of Jon Stead and Shola Ameobi? You should watch more games rather than digging at other people for being negative. Where's the logic in comparing goal scoring midfielders on loan from champ clubs with a player used as a target outlet?

How many games do you want me to watch. I have seen every ccfc live or on ifollow this season.

Are you suggesting a better comparison is grant v our goal scoring midfielder from the championship Barett and Biamou should be compared against Stead or Ameobi ?

thekidfromstrettoncamp

All strikers mentioned on this thread score at least 1 goal every 6 shots Max 1 goal every 17 shots. B B C top scorers league 2 list Slower Than Platt . By the way Max 's record look good 1 in 5 but checking Sutton non league and 2 French clubs in their 4 tier on looking at that looks like the pub teams from our country would give them a good game . Many of the scorers in the list have no championship pedigree the Doidge,Hylton Collins and Tom Pope to name just 4 "Esotercia" they score goals Biamou cannot.

stevefloyd

I do like Maxs effort in games but I do have to agree with Grendel he doesn't anticipate/react like a natural striker he doesn't look hungry enough to score goals, good goal scorers would kick their grannies out the way to score a goal Max isn't any way near that type of player, he has done his job for the team by battling but its goals we want and ultimately that will cost us a chance of promotion but still can't help but like the guy for some reason

fatso

The problem is this, When we don’t have the ball, we defend as a team.
When we DO have the ball we still defend as a team. And that, is purely down to piss poor tactics. Two defensive midfielders, no natural width, and no pace whatsoever. And when you throw in a centre forward who dosnt score goals, then failure is guaranteed.
Of course we’ve missed jones, but these problems were evident in the pre season games, and weren’t addressed. When jones scored a hatrick on the opening day, everyone thought we would piss this league, but in reality we were always going to struggle. It’s only due to a very solid defence that we stayed in the top 6 or 7 for so long. And without mcnulty’s goals we would be in a relegation scrap. For me, the problem is Robbins and his stubborn faith in a system that isn’t dynamic enough, and his reliance on the same individuals each week who simply aren’t good enough.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Well said " Fatso" the width and pace are there for all to see but have not been addressed in either of the transfer windows but folks on here say he has done well in them and his way is best and he will stick to it will kill us , if things are not working admit you are wrong and change them we must be 1 of the few sides who play 2 D M no wonder our goals against is the best in the league but goals win you leagues 46 0-0's gets you relegated . If Biamou was our main striker we would be playing non league next season.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Specially for" Esoterica" Collins dictionary version of a striker "mainly attacks and scores goals" look down the page and no 4 is Biamou"positions himself near the opponent's goal in the HOPE of scoring

Nick

Administrator
Specially for" Esoterica" Collins dictionary version of a striker "mainly attacks and scores goals" look down the page and no 4 is Biamou"positions himself near the opponent's goal in the HOPE of scoring

Does it not say runs back to the halfway line to try to win headers?

Esoterica

You agree with all the highlighted things wrong with our team: two defensive midfielders, no natural width, and no pace and then blame our target man, deployed in a defensive role for not scoring while comparing him to strikers whose teams are set up to bring the best out of them. We agree on many of the flaws in our team but this is one is a symptom not the cause. You know why he's been getting picked every week? Because he's been doing exactly what Robins has asked him to do. I think he would score more if we had real wingers and given the freedom to play as an out and out striker. He's never going to be prolific but I think he'd be better. I blame Robins and these terrible tactics, you just think he's shit and are pointing to meaningless shooting stats to try and prove it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You agree with all the highlighted things wrong with our team: two defensive midfielders, no natural width, and no pace and then blame our target man, deployed in a defensive role for not scoring while comparing him to strikers whose teams are set up to bring the best out of them. We agree on many of the flaws in our team but this is one is a symptom not the cause. You know why he's been getting picked every week? Because he's been doing exactly what Robins has asked him to do. I think he would score more if we had real wingers and given the freedom to play as an out and out striker. He's never going to be prolific but I think he'd be better. I blame Robins and these terrible tactics, you just think he's shit and are pointing to meaningless shooting stats to try and prove it.

I really, really like you as a poster on here. I must say though, this constant defense of Biamou is really desperate and it's getting a bit annoying.

Yes, as many people have said, our tactics are wrong. Max however is a poor striker and that cannot be overlooked. It is not his fault he is playing every game, and it is not his fault that he isn't crash hot, I know, and we know he is trying his best.

He is a major problem with why we are not scoring enough goals though, and 1 in 26 cannot be defended whatsoever, no matter which way you try and spin it. At the end of the season if we don't go up it will be down to the fact we don't score enough goals. Yes tactics are a problem, yes creativity is a problem, but one of the biggest catalysts will also have been Max Biamou.

Nick

Administrator
I really, really like you as a poster on here. I must say though, this constant defense of Biamou is really desperate and it's getting a bit annoying.

Yes, as many people have said, our tactics are wrong. Max however is a poor striker and that cannot be overlooked. It is not his fault he is playing every game, and it is not his fault that he isn't crash hot, I know, and we know he is trying his best.

He is a major problem with why we are not scoring enough goals though, and 1 in 26 cannot be defended whatsoever, no matter which way you try and spin it. At the end of the season if we don't go up it will be down to the fact we don't score enough goals. Yes tactics are a problem, yes creativity is a problem, but one of the biggest catalysts will also have been Max Biamou.

The thing is though, you would have a point about us not scoring enough being his fault if he was missing 4 or 5 sitters a game.

If we were creating more and not playing him so deep it would be easier to judge. Get some crosses whipped in and some chances created and see how he does then.

It was the same when McNulty wasn't scoring, although that isn't doubting McNulty is a better goalscorer before somebody tries that one ;)

Nick

Administrator
I assume you are also giving credit to robins for Mcnulty goals tally then ?

McNulty has to create a decent chunk of his goals from scraps rather than being assisted. I'm not complaining that he can do that, although if we did also assist him more he would score more.

Esoterica

I assume you are also giving credit to robins for Mcnulty goals tally then ?
Absolutely. He backed him relentlessly from the start, even when he was getting dogs abuse from some people. The reasons for him not scoring were clear.
or the alternative was Beavon
Or Ponticelli, 0 in 10 for him in the league is it now? Or 5 in the middle to fill the huge hole there whenever we play 2 DMs, which is effectively what Biamou is asked to do anyway, except the ball is kicked at his head not feet 9 times out of 10.

Captain Dart

Isn't the real issue that after Nazon left Biamou for all his flaws has been the only realistic striker option until JCH came on board, about 6 weeks without the firepower.
I won't buy it if anyone says Ponticelli, he is OK for a short cameo neat the end of games but he isn't ready to play a full league match yet.
I'm not sure what Beavon is needed for now, I expect we will come to a deal to pay up his contract at the end of the season and he will move on.

SlowerThanPlatt

Thought I’d look at our strikers stats

McNulty:
16 goals in 35 games
2,806 minutes played

Biamou:
3 goals in 34 games
2,091 minutes played

Ponticelli:
3 goals in 14 games
431 minutes played

So:
McNulty goal every 175 minutes
Biamou goal every 697 minutes
Ponticelli goal every 143 minutes

Esoterica

I am not in any way defending his goals to game ratio - he could have and should have scored more than he has. I'd also be starting JCH, I've said that too - Biamou isn't currently being aggressive enough when he does get in the box or showing the selfishness that strikers usually do.
He didn't look out of place though by the time he made his first starts.Playing as an out and out striker while McNulty was injured we beat Exeter, Swindon, Crewe. The run of games without a goal clearly affected his confidence in front of goal and he missed half a dozen very good opportunites but as soon as McNulty was back against Barnet, Robins has worked on re-modelling him as this defensive target man, a role he admits he has never played before. For me simply he has shown enough improvement, together with several other mitigating circumstances as to why he hasn't scored more (tactics, creativity, the role he's asked to play) to not just dismiss him as a poor striker or whatever G's latest inflammatory hyperbole is. Like I say, I'm not defending his goals record but I will defend him as a player when people make ridiculous comparisons based on shot statistics with strikers playing in other free scoring teams.

Users who are viewing this thread