Max biamou league stats (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Bottom line is we don't create enough chances. We lack creativity, we play negative defensive football, and I said at the start of the season if we didn't start being more adventurous thr cleansheets would dry up.

Its easy to pick on biamou, look at McNulty's goals, most of them from open play he creates himself.

In addition to his assists he's played important role in setting up goals in which the final assist has gone to someone else. Go and have a look at JPs 2 FA cup goals for example.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skybluesam66

Max Biamou has 3 in 33 in all competitions

in 1984 we signed a striker who scored 2 in his first 27 games, 3 in his first 31 games, we only got 1 point in the matches that he scored in during that period, but still finished the season as a hero

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There's two things to look at here. Firstly, as a team it is true that we don't create anywhere near enough. McNulty is one of the best strikers in the league and our defence probably is the best defence in the league. Our midfield however is extremely poor and it is a problem because it is where the creativity is generally supposed to come from.

That being said, scoring one goal in 25 games is absolutely inexcusable as a striker regardless of what's going on around you. Bayliss and Shipley both have about 2 goals and McNulty is on double figures.

People making excuses for him need to take a look at this seriously as come the end of the season if this year has not worked out how we want it will be because we haven't scored enough goals. Biamou offers absolutely no solution to that.

This whole business about a 'non-scoring striker' is absolute nonsense by the way. His job is to score goals. Would you sign a goalkeeper who could kick the ball as far as Happy Gilmore hits a golf ball but let's 10 goals a game into his net? No you wouldn't.

I hope JCH hits the ground running soon, because even though Biamou works hard and is likeable, he is no where near good enough for this level. He's needs to be dropped out of the team or into midfield at best as it's hampering our promotion push.

stupot07

I don't get what people want us to do? We don't pick the team, we don't pick the tactics, formations etc.

Shall with all just say "he's shit"? Shall we all boo him next home game? Shall we all just get on his back on social media tell him he's crap? Shall we all ring up the phone in and moan about him? Scapegoat him for the lack of goals (an issue all season even when he wasn't anywhere near the team), and absolve robins and the other players of not creating enough?

stupot07

Taking Jones out of the equation our midfield has scored a total of 9 league goals.

Shipley 2 in 19
Doyle 3 in 30
Kelly 0 in 21
Bayliss 2 in 11
DKE 1 in 14
Barratt 0 in 2
Maycock 0 in 1
JMD 0 in 3
andreu 0 in 5
Vincenti 1 in 19

We have just 1 league goal from the defence. Luton's defenders have contributed 14 goals!

Otis

This thread is completely barmy.

Seemingly people want Biamou to score from chances that haven't been made.

No-one is making excuses. Just how many chances has he been given to score in say the last 6 matches?

As Stupot, says we do not create enough chances and a lot of McNulty's goals he has made himself out of nothing.

I've said myself I would drop him and give JCH a go, but let's not blame Biamou for not scoring when the players around him are not even creating chances for him to score.

It's nutty in the extreme.

Esoterica

There's two things to look at here. Firstly, as a team it is true that we don't create anywhere near enough. McNulty is one of the best strikers in the league and our defence probably is the best defence in the league. Our midfield however is extremely poor and it is a problem because it is where the creativity is generally supposed to come from.

That being said, scoring one goal in 25 games is absolutely inexcusable as a striker regardless of what's going on around you. Bayliss and Shipley both have about 2 goals and McNulty is on double figures.

People making excuses for him need to take a look at this seriously as come the end of the season if this year has not worked out how we want it will be because we haven't scored enough goals. Biamou offers absolutely no solution to that.

This whole business about a 'non-scoring striker' is absolute nonsense by the way. His job is to score goals. Would you sign a goalkeeper who could kick the ball as far as Happy Gilmore hits a golf ball but let's 10 goals a game into his net? No you wouldn't.

I hope JCH hits the ground running soon, because even though Biamou works hard and is likeable, he is no where near good enough for this level. He's needs to be dropped out of the team or into midfield at best as it's hampering our promotion push.
Our defence was only the best while we played 2 defensive midfielders, it's been in decline since we were forced to go down to 1 DM and we've now conceded in our last 6 games, 2 cleans sheets in 13 matches. It's not playing Biamou that is hampering our promotion push, it's the tactics we deploy when we do play him. Playing 4 centre backs and 4 centre midfielders hampers our promotion push, playing a target man with no wingers in the team hampers our promotion push, starting games against the worst teams in the football league with 2 DMs hampers our promotion push, losing or drawing games against the worst teams in the football league with 2 DMs still on the pitch hampers our promotion push.

higgs

He's not up to league standard has been a mistake should be learning his trade in the u23s

Londonccfcfan

Bottom line is we don't create enough chances. We lack creativity, we play negative defensive football, and I said at the start of the season if we didn't start being more adventurous thr cleansheets would dry up.

Its easy to pick on biamou, look at McNulty's goals, most of them from open play he creates himself.

In addition to his assists he's played important role in setting up goals in which the final assist has gone to someone else. Go and have a look at JPs 2 FA cup goals for example.

Actually your right hit the th enail on thehead hes involved in the build up to most goals in some way shape or form, as hes generally the focal point (to hold it up up front).

Not sure if anyone else noticed. but our last goal we scored vs Colchester he was closely marked man 2/3 players close to him, but he squeezed the ball to Shipley to Shoot! he doesn't get an assist for it but he sure had a big part to play in the build up for the goal.

Also agree he has missed some sitters, up to and including the Exeter Game away.

As for McNulty his assist stats are skewed as he has put some on a plate for Biamou (Exeter away comes to mind) where he hasn't put it away.

I understand both sides of the argument. I guess we will all be split about Max, as this thread proves the point.

Personally feel we need him and generally have played better with him in the team.

Londonccfcfan

Our defence was only the best while we played 2 defensive midfielders, it's been in decline since we were forced to go down to 1 DM and we've now conceded in our last 6 games, 2 cleans sheets in 13 matches. It's not playing Biamou that is hampering our promotion push, it's the tactics we deploy when we do play him. Playing 4 centre backs and 4 centre midfielders hampers our promotion push, playing a target man with no wingers in the team hampers our promotion push, starting games against the worst teams in the football league with 2 DMs hampers our promotion push, losing or drawing games against the worst teams in the football league with 2 DMs still on the pitch hampers our promotion push.

In our last 11 games we have scored 15 goals which is a far better ratio than previous 21 games when we scored 21 goals when we were keeping all the clean sheets.

So although last dozen games or so we have not kept I as tight at the back we have upped our goals, theres some give and take.

PVA

And that my friend is why we will fail , ability always trumps effort .
Biamou is the prime example of that

How do you explain Jordan Maguire-Drew then?

Clearly has ability (or he wouldn't be at a premier league club) yet puts in no effort and has been the worst player on the pitch when he plays.

Otis

How do you explain Jordan Maguire-Drew then?

Clearly has ability (or he wouldn't be at a premier league club) yet puts in no effort and has been the worst player on the pitch when he plays.
There must be more in his locker surely. Having seen him thus far, I cannot believe for a second that he is any better than what we already have in our own U23's.

Very disappointed with him so far on the whole.

oucho

Someone once said that you can only tell the worth of something on the basis of the question "if it didn't exist, would there be a need for it?".

If we didn't have Biamou under contract and someone said "we can sign this non league striker who won't score", would we want to sign him? If we could go back to the close season, knowing how he would "perform", would we sign him? I think we all know the answer to that.....

Londonccfcfan

Someone once said that you can only tell the worth of something on the basis of the question "if it didn't exist, would there be a need for it?".

If we didn't have Biamou under contract and someone said "we can sign this non league striker who won't score", would we want to sign him? If we could go back to the close season, knowing how he would "perform", would we sign him? I think we all know the answer to that.....

Fa cup is his competition he will score today.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I really don't understand why you defend him so much. Yes the factors you mentioned are a problem but Max also not being good enough is real, and an issue.

He needs to be dropped as playing a 'non-scoring striker' is hampering our promotion push, as are other factors.

1 in 26 is abysmal and cannot be justified.

Nick

Administrator
Based on today I think we have to make JCH first choice ahead of Biamou.
Agree, we need to play to his strengths and give him more service and I think he will get us a few decent goals.

We can't just rely on him to pull things out the bag like mcnulty

Grendel

Agree, we need to play to his strengths and give him more service and I think he will get us a few decent goals.

He had 4 chances today didn’t he? Bennett says he’s what we’ve been missing all season. We’d be in a far better place now if we’d had a player like him than biamou from August.

Nick

Administrator
He had 4 chances today didn’t he? Bennett says he’s what we’ve been missing all season. We’d be in a far better place now if we’d had a player like him than biamou from August.
Not 4 decent chances which was my point. If we give him service he will get us goals and bring us another dimension.

If we start putting the ball in the box as much as we can he will score, if not we need mcnulty lurking for second balls.

He took his goal very well.

Evo1883

At this moment in time I’d like to see Reid and JCH feature in the starting 11 .

Nick

Administrator
At this moment in time I’d like to see Reid and JCH feature in the starting 11 .
Agree, just think we need something on the right too. Put somebody there to get it in the box and create and we will do a job.

Grendel

Agree, just think we need something on the right too. Put somebody there to get it in the box and create and we will do a job.

Again with a real striker all season if we’d created exactly what we have done all season we’d still be in a healthier position.

Nick

Administrator
Again with a real striker all season if we’d created exactly what we have done all season we’d still be in a healthier position.
We have created nothing the last 3 league games. We have scored a penalty and bayliss rebound.

Give jch service he will get us goals. He scored a goal today from a second ball, like mcnulty has been. It was a great finish.

By created I mean with assists.

Grendel

We have created nothing the last 3 league games. We have scored a penalty and bayliss rebound.

Give jch service he will get us goals. He scored a goal today from a second ball, like mcnulty has been. It was a great finish.

He also hit the bar from a corner and had a shot at the end. Biamou would have been nowhere near the corner and was nowhere near the rebound off the save was he? Harries and McNulty would. He is rubbish you’d have thought he’d never played as a forward.

You can’t play to biamous strengths - he doesn’t have any.

hill83

He also hit the bar from a corner and had a shot at the end. Biamou would have been nowhere near the corner and was nowhere near the rebound off the save was he? Harries and McNulty would. He is rubbish you’d have thought he’d never played as a forward.

You can’t play to biamous strengths - he doesn’t have any.

So do you rate Biamou or not?

Grendel

So do you rate Biamou or not?

I do - he’s up there with Ryan Haynes.

I don’t actually blame biamou but robins constant use of him will likely cost him and us in the end. He’s even kept JCH out of the team and previously Nazon which is ridiculous.

Mucca Mad Boys

Taking Jones out of the equation our midfield has scored a total of 9 league goals.

Shipley 2 in 19
Doyle 3 in 30
Kelly 0 in 21
Bayliss 2 in 11
DKE 1 in 14
Barratt 0 in 2
Maycock 0 in 1
JMD 0 in 3
andreu 0 in 5
Vincenti 1 in 19

We have just 1 league goal from the defence. Luton's defenders have contributed 14 goals!

You've hit the nail on the head here, points I've tried to make on other threads too. I think the injury of Jones and Andreu is massive, two players I believe would be big contributors to the way we play, Jones was basically involved in all our goals one way or the other before his injury and Andreu is a midfielder who consistently scores goals. That's key. People seem to miss the pertinent point that if you rely on your strikers to score all your goals (which we have done since JJ's injury), you need goals from your defence and midfield. For example, if your strike partnership gets a respectable 30 goals in 46 games, and assuming those goals are spread over 30 games also (obviously, that won't be the case) you still have 16 games without them scoring in. That's where you need defenders to chip in with a few goals from set pieces to break deadlocks against the kind of teams that will play for draws. Again, to have Doyle as our top scoring midfielder on 3 goals is telling - wingers need to be hitting in and around 5 goals I think. Grimmer's solidarity league goal in the whole defensive unit is appalling! How many set piece goals have we scored? I can only recall 2 goals, Grimsby (A) and Luton (A).

He seems to be scapegoated a lot and I think it's rather unjustified. If you look at his general play, he doesn't look out of place in this league at all. He's improving week by week, and is twice the player he was at the start of the year. Now, his goalscoring needs to be addressed and I think if we're still in L2 come next season, he'll do better than he has this year. Everything needs to be viewed in context, he wasn't a first choice option in the summer, we missed out on Collins and Williams and was very much signed as squad player. You can tell when you look at Robins' comments about him in the summer. Injuries have propelled him up the pecking order and he's done quite well. I don't believe that it's a coincidence that both Nazon and McNulty seem to play better alongside Biamou. In fact, McNulty has only really shown the goalscoring form he has of late when we changed to 4-4-2 and him playing with Biamou. So it begs this question, if Biamou is getting the likes of McNulty scoring more, does it justify him starting? To me, absolutely! The alternatives were JP or Beavon, and JP isn't ready and Beavon isn't prolific either. Now we've got JCH, who unsurprisingly looks better because he's always played his football above L2 level and think he'll begin to start now after today.

Apologies for musing on.

stupot07

For the one JCH hit the post, when was the last time we got a midfielder behind the defence in a position like that?! Accringtons left winger did that to us 4 times last week.

Users who are viewing this thread