Matty Godden (1 Viewer)

long way home

Be a good signing for someone in L1 who is aiming at promotion. Still got goals in him and still can help us this season. Be good to see him getting a send off been a good player for us.

alexccfc99

I was only paying half attention so if anyone else was present and needs to correct me be my guest - But it sounded to me like Godden did pretty much everything but confirm he is offski in the summer speaking to Harry Roberts pre-match on Saturday in the lounge

AOM

Obviously pretty much assumed Godden is off in the summer, but thought he had a half decent cameo on Sunday and looking at the photos after the game, he's showed his class and leadership with the younger members of the team. (Nice to see Simon Moore as well)

Screenshot_20240422_162550_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240422_162546_Instagram.jpg
Be nice if he can get at least one more goal in front of the fans at the CBS before the end of the season

chiefdave

Hope he starts the last game of the season vs QPR (assuming the likelihood that we have nothing to play for) and can be given a proper send off.
Robins isn't really one for sentiment but if Kelly and Godden are off and its a nothing game they should both play and get a decent send off. Both have been here a while, especially the way players move in the modern game, and have played their part in our move up the leagues.

Hertsccfc

Obviously pretty much assumed Godden is off in the summer, but thought he had a half decent cameo on Sunday and looking at the photos after the game, he's showed his class and leadership with the younger members of the team. (Nice to see Simon Moore as well)

View attachment 35311
View attachment 35312
Be nice if he can get at least one more goal in front of the fans at the CBS before the end of the season
Brilliant to see and not surprised. Godden deserves far more respect for what he has done for this club than he often gets on here. It was noticeable when Wright and Simms were struggling how much he helped them at the start and his importance this season was not just his goals. I am not sure Simms would have become the player he has without Godden's support.

As you say great to see Moore's reaction too.

messiahrobins

He is anyway, made it clear to the club he wants to move on
Love the guy and would have liked to keep him as a player/coach maybe, but if he wants regular first team football, given his age, and where we are trying to get to, it makes sense for him to move on as we need someone as good as him but 10 years younger, as the one think i noted at Wembley is he has understandably lost a yard of pace and the way we play, we are all about pace and power.
Absolute legend though, our Shaun Goater for those that understand the reference.

messiahrobins

Brilliant to see and not surprised. Godden deserves far more respect for what he has done for this club than he often gets on here. It was noticeable when Wright and Simms were struggling how much he helped them at the start and his importance this season was not just his goals. I am not sure Simms would have become the player he has without Godden's support.

As you say great to see Moore's reaction too.
Id have liked to given Moore a chance last few games to see how he is as i still think at his best he possibly has a higher ceiling than Collins and Ben. Be sad to see him go as he has been a consumate professional football wise here.

djr8369

View attachment 35311
View attachment 35312
Loved seeing that picture of Moore.

AOM

Id have liked to given Moore a chance last few games to see how he is as i still think at his best he possibly has a higher ceiling than Collins and Ben. Be sad to see him go as he has been a consumate professional football wise here.

I think when in form, Moore was one of the best keepers we've had in recent years, but I think it's been hinted on here before that his issues and drop in form might be more off field (which isn't any of our business of course), which is a massive shame if true

messiahrobins

I think when in form, Moore was one of the best keepers we've had in recent years, but I think it's been hinted on here before that his issues and drop in form might be more off field (which isn't any of our business of course), which is a massive shame if true
Well, it was off field, i think thats well known, and it is a real shame. He also spent the night i think with Sakamoto in hospital. A genuinely good guy i'll be sorry to see go.

Hobo

The fact is the goal was off side under the current rules.

Yes you can argue a person's toe is not enough to be offside & the rule needs rewriting.

You can also question is the technology accurate enough to measure such fine margins?

But to start suggesting conspiracy theories and cheating is ridiculous.

Can't waiting for the Hull game so people can move on and get back to moaning about players, tactics and the manager.

covcity4life

It’s pretty odd that him and O Hare have had pelters regarding in goddens case how he celebrates and o hare for not being bothered

They’ve dug us out of the trenches in L1 and in establishing ourselves in tbe championship
Tell me about it. There are players like max biamou who dig us out of L2 and some c**t fans don't show him respect.

Imagine being a c**t like that!

Grendel

Tell me about it. There are players like max biamou who dig us out of L2 and some c**t fans don't show him respect.

Imagine being a c**t like that!

He did not dig us out of anything. He was a symptom of our malaise

covcity4life

He did not dig us out of anything. He was a symptom of our malaise
He helped us get promoted from league 2 and league 1(to a lesser extent). He also managed to be part of team that stayed up in championship.

He literally exceeded expectations coming from non league. It's strange you want o hare and godden to get respect but not max for the same thing.

I wonder why...

Grendel

He helped us get promoted from league 2 and league 1(to a lesser extent). He also managed to be part of team that stayed up in championship.

He literally exceeded expectations coming from non league. It's strange you want o hare and godden to get respect but not max for the same thing.

I wonder why...

Why do you think? Please tell.

Grendel

Evo1883

I wonder why...
In fairness max scored 14 league goals in just under 100 league games .

He really didn't exceed my expectations, but I get that many fans like him

Marc mcnulty exceeded expectations that season, with 28 goals

Gint11

He’s been instrumental in helping us up the leagues. However it’s time he moved on. That’s football.

covcity4life

In fairness max scored 14 league goals in just under 100 league games .

He really didn't exceed my expectations, but I get that many fans like him

Marc mcnulty exceeded expectations that season, with 28 goals
In fairness he played in two promotion winning teams and played across 3 different divisions for us, including the one we are currently in

For a player that came from non league that's exceeding expectations for me.

skybluecam

My concern with Godden is he distorts the team and doesn’t contribute outside his goals. I think him playing is hindering Simms settling into the team and by proxy Wright as well. I honestly think we’ll be a better team without him and having him as a sticking plaster at the moment is stopping us moving forwards to a new style. I also question his value as Robins mouth on the pitch given recent comments about playing style.

You can’t drop the guy, he’s top scorer and in a good vein of form, but I do think we won’t evolve as a team until he’s injured or loses form and Simms gets a go in that role.
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

MalcSB

What? Stealing a wage for zero appearances, not even third choice.?

Users who are viewing this thread