Matty Godden (3 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

Godden was Infact hindering Simms development.
He needs to move on in the summer

Robins picking Godden earlier in the season maybe hindered Simms a bit although he was scoring so deserved his place. none of us know the score behind the scenes but I can imagine working with Godden in training won’t have done Wright and Simms finishing any harm

David O'Day

Godden was great for us but alas we have moved on from his level. His play on the promotion season and the staying up season after was great.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

I’m sure he’ll be called upon in a very busy April. Sadly will be his final games for us. As for Tavares, he needs to move on and we need better than him - which shouldn’t be too difficult.

alexccfc99

I’m sure he’ll be called upon in a very busy April. Sadly will be his final games for us. As for Tavares, he needs to move on and we need better than him - which shouldn’t be too difficult.
I have actually been quite impressed with a few of FabTav's cameos in the last few weeks

Deity

Tav is a striker, not a wide forward.

He looks lost out wide, never sure what to do. Hesitant.

When he moves inside into the forward areas his movement becomes much more natural.

covcity4life

It still doesn’t mean he’s anywhere near good enough for us.
But you have been proven wrong that any forum member who wanted to see more of him was crazy.

Admit that?

As for godden everyone just now agreed with what I said at start of season. People wanted to argue with me then as if I offended them but as always covcity4life is always right.

larry_david

Clearly not

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
You could argue he actually is. He got brought on away at Wolves when needing a goal, not Godden.

And I agreed with it. Say whatever you like about if he's gonna make it or not, his pace causes issues and I'm sorry but Godden on against wolves would not have caused them anything

Sick Boy

But you have been proven wrong that any forum member who wanted to see more of him was crazy.

Admit that?

As for godden everyone just now agreed with what I said at start of season. People wanted to argue with me then as if I offended them but as always covcity4life is always right.
Can you point out where I was calling people "crazy"? I said he wasn't good enough and I still don't think he is.

Most of the time it was said while defending Simms who was being criticised by posters on here who were weirdly backing Tavares more than him. Look how that's turned out.

covcity4life

Can you point out where I was calling people "crazy"? I said he wasn't good enough and I still don't think he is.

Most of the time it was said while defending Simms who was being criticised by posters on here who were weirdly backing Tavares more than him. Look how that's turned out.
You just laughed at anyone that wanted to see him given some minutes to see if he good enough or not

I agree I still don't think he prob is good enough for us. But it was worth seeing him get some minutes cos he has scored in league and cup and looks better down middle albeit like I said probably not the answer

The overly pro godden posters were more rude to Simms than pro tavares posters imo.

Sick Boy

You just laughed at anyone that wanted to see him given some minutes to see if he good enough or not

I agree I still don't think he prob is good enough for us. But it was worth seeing him get some minutes cos he has scored in league and cup and looks better down middle albeit like I said probably not the answer

The overly pro godden posters were more rude to Simms than pro tavares posters imo.
I've always maintained that he needs to move on for the sake of his career, probably to League 2 at this point. At his age, he needs to be playing regular first-team football if he's going to have a career in the game.

rob9872

Tav is actually pretty decent imo and I'd be quite happy with him and Godden on the bench. There are better players out there, but will they expect to play? Without injury, nobody is getting in ahead of Simms or Wright so if they're prepared to play cameo roles I'm ok with that, although I suspect they'll be off for their own careers. It's hard to find players who are mentally prepared to not be upset when not selected, but that's what we need. Simply because our two 'rough diamonds' are now much more polished, doesn't mean the others aren't good enough.

covcity4life

I've always maintained that he needs to move on for the sake of his career, probably to League 2 at this point. At his age, he needs to be playing regular first-team football if he's going to have a career in the game.
Tbf with goals on TV he may have bagged himself a loan higher up the leagues

I imagine both he and godden will leave us in the sunmer.

Very exciting when you think about getting two replacements in who are upgrades

Evo1883

Yes in hindsight probably backed matty too long with how his form was going but reality is I just appreciated the man , he's done alot for us and deserved the respect of the support , he's been very good for us over what 5 or 6 years especially when you remember the fee and what we've seen up here in years gone by .

Simms had a very slow start here , probably wasn't the player that robins wanted him to be either , which would explain why matty was being played as much as he was .
There's no doubt that since February ellis simms is the main man , Robins and viveash have done a great job of slowly but surely moulding him into the forward they Want to see

I'm quite looking forward to seeing how far they can push ellis

Hobo

I have actually been quite impressed with a few of FabTav's cameos in the last few weeks

So have I, but still feel he will be moved on. Needs to show he can do it consistently and to do that I think it means going somewhere else.

Evo1883

Dont think tavares would start for many top end league 1 clubs to be honest , he will surely leave once his contract expires if he's not been sold before that

We've MEC coming in too and I'd imagine another in the summer

alexccfc99

Dont think tavares would start for many top end league 1 clubs to be honest , he will surely leave once his contract expires if he's not been sold before that

Didn't he get quite a big fresh contract in the last year or two?

SBbucks

Have we signed a MEC as well as EMC? Is he a relative

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Given how many games we've got coming up he'll play at part. Obviously I hope that will involve a few more goals too.

Him and O'Hare only need one for double figures and we'd have 4 players on 10+ goals in a season, which would be phenomenal. Especially when Simms and Wright have a possibility of getting 20.

Evo1883

Given how many games we've got coming up he'll play at part. Obviously I hope that will involve a few more goals too.

Him and O'Hare only need one for double figures and we'd have 4 players on 10+ goals in a season, which would be phenomenal. Especially when Simms and Wright have a possibility of getting 20.

To be fair , 10 goals would be a decent return on what we'd probably all regard as his worst season at the club for whatever reason .

shmmeee

To be fair , 10 goals would be a decent return on what we'd probably all regard as his worst season at the club for whatever reason .

Would be his worst return in terms of mpg for us i think, I’m fairly sure he’s played more this season than any other.

Like the others likely to leave in the summer, and those that left after L1 promotion it’s sad to see them go, but I’d rather remember them as they were than watch them struggle to keep up with the squad as it is now. We’d all love a story like that Luton lad who went NL to PL, but they’re very rare.

covcity4life

Would be his worst return in terms of mpg for us i think, I’m fairly sure he’s played more this season than any other.

Like the others likely to leave in the summer, and those that left after L1 promotion it’s sad to see them go, but I’d rather remember them as they were than watch them struggle to keep up with the squad as it is now. We’d all love a story like that Luton lad who went NL to PL, but they’re very rare.
It's time for him to go but there is still a chance for him to bag a big goal for us before seasons end. He will be remembered fondly regardless I think.

shmmeee

It's time for him to go but there is still a chance for him to bag a big goal for us before seasons end. He will be remembered fondly regardless I think.

Makes me sad testimonials are ten years. Fadz going how he did, Kels and Godden likely to go with a wimper too.

We need an excuse to get a current CCFC vs historic all stars pre season charity game. Bring back Max, Doyle, etc.

Evo1883

To be clear, when I say his worse season, it’s still better than a goal every 3 games. He should be outstanding at a lower level still.
Oh no its his worst season for us , he started so well too .. not sure why or what happened but it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme.

He's had a positive impact on our history

Users who are viewing this thread