Matty Godden (2 Viewers)

Matt smith

Ellis has made 26 appearances and has scored 3 goals .
Has less touches than matty godden per 90 minutes played

Much of our success has absolutely nothing to do with the CFs this season..they've scored 9 of our 38 league goals , neither have worked particularly well in the system

Thats fact
Some of our chances and therefore goals at present are either coming from a cross to the other side of the goal therefore say saka is on the end of them, or a through ball down the inside left or right channel

basically the system suits goals from inside forwards

Martin180

The answer is no , he doesn't

He has alot on his side though , build , pace , age , time
He adds a hell of a lot more than Godden does , he plays on the shoulder of the last man and puts defenders on the back foot . It's simply something Godden can't do

Martin180

I wouldn’t say he doesn’t work

Godden will score some goals in any system he’s a great finisher

but if he’s not scoring he doesn’t contribute enough

does Simms contribute that much more? A little but not as much as he should do at present
Take a look at the player ratings from recent games since our upturn on form

Evo1883

I have spent almost the entire time godden has been here arguing with fans about him .. would never think the poor bloke is one of only 5 players or so in the last 50 years to bag 50 goals for ccfc ..

Criminally under appreciated by supporters
Over It I Give Up GIF

Evo1883

He adds a hell of a lot more than Godden does , he plays on the shoulder of the last man and puts defenders on the back foot . It's simply something Godden can't do

I guessing how you look at strikers , dele adebola was bang average and could do all those things , awful goalscoring record though compared to say a stern john .. bottom line goals are what makes a striker good or not

Matt smith

Take a look at the player ratings from recent games since our upturn on form
I don’t mind Simms I think he’ll come good, but he needs to improve

The one game I will agree with you was Leeds I thought he was superb in terms of a lone striker, needs to be doing it most weeks

with regards to the ratings, I watch us every week (albeit away games on I follow a fair bit), I’m saying what I see basically

Martin180

I have spent almost the entire time godden has been here arguing with fans about him .. would never think the poor bloke is one of only 5 players or so in the last 50 years to bag 50 goals for ccfc ..

Criminally under appreciated by supporters
Over It I Give Up GIF
I'm not criticising him mate . Last season he did a lot of the donkey work alongside Vik and was vital in our run to Wembley .
This season since going four at the back his value to the team has been downgraded . That's not to say he won't be a big part of the squad moving forward

Martin180

I guessing how you look at strikers , dele adebola was bang average and could do all those things , awful goalscoring record though .. bottom line goals are what makes a striker good or not
Adebola didn't have the talent around him that Simms has , that's the difference

Evo1883

I'm not criticising him mate . Last season he did a lot of the donkey work alongside Vik and was vital in our run to Wembley .
This season since going four at the back his value to the team has been downgraded . That's not to say he won't be a big part of the squad moving forward
Il say that I also argued constantly with fans last season about his input .

Martin180

Because you’d rather a chance against a potentially tired defence or a game that’s getting stretched fall to godden

that’s clear as day
Wouldn't argue with that at all .
Flip it round and who would you want working a back line for 70 minutes before making the substitution? Godden or Simms

Matt smith

The match thread after 2pm is the nearest thing to male PMT that I've ever read . Week in , week out it's absolutely priceless
If I’m not an away game it is as I’m on here being all dramatic, if it’s a home game I’m too busy trying to get a beer at a busy anecdote 😂

long way home

Picking Simms or Godden all depends on fitness of Wright for me. If Wright is fit i could see Godden, if not i see him going with Simms.

We will definitely play on Doyle and hope to get behind him with pace..

Users who are viewing this thread