Matt Godden (1 Viewer)

vow

If you search plantar-fasciitis, you will see that surgery is not only possible, it has a high degree of success, the reason that they don't recommend it until all other options have been exhausted is because around 90% of cases eventually heal without surgery, and the recovery from surgery is long, and so is considered a last resort.
This.
I had the same and it healed up without surgery.
Just needed time, sensible footwear and some sturdy, comfortable inner soles for the arch and heel. I have a very high instep.

Used to feel like stepping on broken glass in the morning!

Godden will be ok.

CDK

This.
Just needed time, sensible footwear and some sturdy, comfortable inner soles for the arch and heel. I have a very high instep.

Godden will be ok.
That's great,how long does it take to heal?

steve cooper

That's great,how long does it take to heal?
That's not easy to determine, the problem is he needs to rest it, and that's not easy midway through a season when we need him in the team. This season we can plan to start without him and give him the time he needs.

Reactions: vow

Esoterica

he is never fit and he is too slow
He is pretty slow over a distance but he’s quick thinking which buys him space over 5 yards. His movement is exceptional and his finishing good. He won’t walk (or hop) straight back into our side but I do think he’s as good a 3rd or 4th striker as a club like ours could afford. If we need a goal in the last 20 mins of a game, he’s a significant upgrade over bringing on Bakayoko.

Covkid1968#

he is never fit and he is too slow
Take it you never saw Mickey Quinn play for us? Knew where the goal was and quick over 1 yard. …. That’s all he needed

letsallsingtogether

This.

Godden will be ok.
I Too had this standing all day at work I was ok but when I got home couldnt walk!
Good insoles and has gone away after 2 years.

Reactions: vow

speedie87

I think a lot of people don’t realise how few players score 15+ goals a season at championship / premier league level

RegiswasGod

Godden is a decent enough striker but I think it's unrealistic to suggest he'd get between 15 and 20 goals in the Championship.
I don't agree. Last season he got 6 in 23,at a time where he was struggling for fitness and made a number of appearances from the bench. With a full season, remaining fit and with the sort of service he may get, it's not unrealistic to imagine him getting 15 goals

SlowerThanPlatt

I don't agree. Last season he got 6 in 23,at a time where he was struggling for fitness and made a number of appearances from the bench. With a full season, remaining fit and with the sort of service he may get, it's not unrealistic to imagine him getting 15 goals

It is, very few players do it on the whole, never mind for what is likely to be a bottom half side. I can only remember McSheffrey scoring 15 in the Championship for us and the season after he got a move to Blues who had just been relegated

RegiswasGod

It is, very few players do it on the whole, never mind for what is likely to be a bottom half side. I can only remember McSheffrey scoring 15 in the Championship for us and the season after he got a move to Blues who had just been relegated
Which is fair. I may well be wrong, but I do think that he could potentially have what it takes. He's a good finisher. Hoping he proves me right.

Frostie

I think a lot of people don’t realise how few players score 15+ goals a season at championship / premier league level

Yep, much like those that were banging on about James Collins "guarantees 15 goals a season in the Championship" despite having never done it, even at his peak.

Esoterica

More ifs than a Kipling anthology here, but he got a goal every 243 mins last season so if he kept that up and if he played every minute of every game, that’s 17 over a season.
If he’s on pens it’ll be closer to 25 a season. Bright, Jones and O’Hare will get a penalty every week between them 😜

Grendel

More ifs than a Kipling anthology here, but he got a goal every 243 mins last season so if he kept that up and if he played every minute of every game, that’s 17 over a season.

Which shows how rubbish that stat is

Users who are viewing this thread