Matt Godden (1 Viewer)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Yup id agree, the first chance was a good one(wouldnt say sitter) 2nd was a half chance.
I don't think either are particularly standout, Godden has been off the boil since the back to back hattricks, don't particularly take a side on who should be starting at the moment, but whichever way you look at it, that first chance is a sitter.

cc84cov

I don't think either are particularly standout, Godden has been off the boil since the back to back hattricks, don't particularly take a side on who should be starting at the moment, but whichever way you look at it, that first chance is a sitter.
That ball came at pace it was a yard behind him mate he got what he could on it for me the second chance should of hit the target for me but he’s not been playing he’s hardly match sharp that will come with game time if he’s played

Nick

Administrator
What was he thinking when he got put clean through but instead of just running and then finishing he tried a random lob?

Has his injury come back?

Biamou was sharper even after playing a full game beforehand.

PeterNdlovu14

Regardless of when Godden scores or not I think he's effective for the team as he occupies the centre backs. He doesn't come short to get involved with the play and by playing on the shoulder of the defence it allows Westbrooke/O'Hare/Allen/Walsh to receive on the half turn between oppositions midfield and defence.
Robins spoke about when he signed Godden how he'd be a player that would almost need to be told to stop running due to his work ethic as opposed to having to drive and push him; perhaps his understanding and application of how Robins and Viveash want us to defend from the front is why he's a preferred starter.

Nick

Administrator
Regardless of when Godden scores or not I think he's effective for the team as he occupies the centre backs. He doesn't come short to get involved with the play and by playing on the shoulder of the defence it allows Westbrooke/O'Hare/Allen/Walsh to receive on the half turn between oppositions midfield and defence.
Robins spoke about when he signed Godden how he'd be a player that would almost need to be told to stop running due to his work ethic as opposed to having to drive and push him; perhaps his understanding and application of how Robins and Viveash want us to defend from the front is why he's a preferred starter.

He hasn't done that the last couple of games.

cc84cov

Really ? Have you seen him play recently ? Fleetwood Bristol or brum both games ? He’s been dominated in all Max done more last night than he’s done in all 4 games I’ve mentioned I think he’s carrying that injury

cc84cov

What was he thinking when he got put clean through but instead of just running and then finishing he tried a random lob?

Has his injury come back?

Biamou was sharper even after playing a full game beforehand.
He had a chance when he was on edge of box took a poor second touch and took it out wide he looks to have lost half a yard of pace I do think he’s carrying that injury possibly

Ring Of Steel

Really ? Have you seen him play recently ? Fleetwood Bristol or brum both games ? He’s been dominated in all Max done more last night than he’s done in all 4 games I’ve mentioned I think he’s carrying that injury
I can see its not too long before people on here demand to see medical records & psychological profiles in order to further analyse & prove why he's so shit.

Even if Godden wasn't 100%, when the others play they have not exactly been scoring for fun either and they end up getting slaughtered on here as well every match they play. We don't score huge amounts of goals and not a single striker we have has managed to do anything about that with any consistency, so all this is just pointless.

Last edited:

PeterNdlovu14

On the basis Max scored last night and Godden hasn't in the games you mentioned then you're fair to point that out. For what it is worth I'd have no issue if Robins started Biamou over Godden if he felt it gave us the best chance of a win. Biamou does provide us with a focal point and energy and absolutely has a role to play in the squad. I think it's also testament to Biamou's character that when he was out the team and in the 23's he used that as an opportunity to score goals and play his way back into contention.

My response was more in reply to the first message of the thread regarding whether Godden was worth the money we paid. Ironically, I was initially unsure spending that sort of money on a 28 year old who's resale value will most likely be less than what we paid and therefore going against the business model the club has run. However, I am simply basing an opinion on what I've seen in the games I've watched, I think his movement keeps centre backs attention on him and our midfield has benefitted, especially Shipley who seems to link well with him.

Mucca Mad Boys

Biamou was good, but his finishing wasn’t that great I’m afraid.

Against Bolton, I’d like to see a 5-3-2 with Allen, Walsh and Kelly in midfield with Bakayoko and Gooden/Biamou upfront. Give us an option against the ‘weaker’ sides. I was very impressed with Allen, he took the ball forward out of midfield very well!

I wouldn’t necessarily look to change to change the 3-4-2-1 - but trying out a couple of combinations could pay dividends.

Grendel

Against Bristol his run across the middle took defenders with him and helped create a goal. Biamou has next to no movement at all - he never pulls defenders away - Biamou is very one dimensional - he’s like a poor mans Mick Ferguson- he might win a few headers outside the box if they are lumped up to him but he has zero movement or pace and is leaden footed.

skybluesam66

Against Bristol his run across the middle took defenders with him and helped create a goal. Biamou has next to no movement at all - he never pulls defenders away - Biamou is very one dimensional - he’s like a poor mans Mick Ferguson- he might win a few headers outside the box if they are lumped up to him but he has zero movement or pace and is leaden footed.
Shame that Godden isn’t playing like a poor mans Ian Wallace

Grendel

Shame that Godden isn’t playing like a poor mans Ian Wallace

The reality is whatever Goddens issues if he and Biamou were offered and a manager had to take one there’s hardly any - of any at all who would take Biamou

letsallsingtogether

The reality is whatever Goddens issues if he and Biamou were offered and a manager had to take one there’s hardly any - of any at all who would take Biamou
So you are saying that some managers prefer Biamou to Godden.

stupot07

Biamou has scored 3 goals in his last 2 starts, and deserves to start against Bolton on Saturday ahead of Godden. Yes, he missed a couple of good opportunities yesterday, but he was there to miss them, Godden hasn't even looked like scoring since his hatricks and looks well off the pace. He probably is injured and playing through.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

Biamou has scored 3 goals in his last 2 starts, and deserves to start against Bolton on Saturday ahead of Godden. Yes, he missed a couple of good opportunities yesterday, but he was there to miss them, Godden hasn't even looked like scoring since his hatricks and looks well off the pace. He probably is injured and playing through.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I can't remember Godden having too many shots in the last few games either.

Sky Blue Pete

Wow you didn’t watch yesterday his pace is definitely up and his movement and positioning was excellent and set up a number of chances

Grendel

Wow you didn’t watch yesterday his pace is definitely up and his movement and positioning was excellent and set up a number of chances

Yet some who went said the opposite

Sky Blue Pete

Where? Biamou was much sharper than godden even after 110 minutes.
I’m not saying his record is anything to write home about or he is the best striker in the league or the club but his pace was excellent in the cup game. One of the most impressive parts of his game has been his ability to continue to improve at 28. You’ve normally made all the progress you will make by then. We will see but I think he has a huge part to play in the last 17 games of the season. That said I think most of our goals will be scored by Allen between now and the end of the year

Londonccfcfan

Very very simple

Biamou.....lifts the crowd/fans

Godden doesnt!

Must be a reason for that, and i dont buy the rubbish he does that cos hes a favorite.

Max 9 starts...9 goals in all competitions.

Hes had impacts (match defining)off the bench too.

Hobo

That is obviously why opponents used to have two men marking Ferguson and one defender marking Wallace?

larry_david

To me for the past 3 weeks it looks like godden hasn't been running freely. He looks restricted. Having said that he's a finisher and we need to give him chances.

Max has returned a better player and he should play a massive part of the season now. Baka seems to have been pumped up Tuesday, hopefully his goal and performance kick him on now

Londonccfcfan

When did Godden last score ?

Since September 7th Blackpool, In about 20 matches since and alot of starts he has scored in 2 matches.

The last match he scored in was New years day vs Tranmere.

Something just doesnt seem right with him you can argue system etc, but i can remember many matches where hes had a hatfull of chances like tranmere at home.

cc84cov

Since September 7th Blackpool, In about 20 matches since and alot of starts he has scored in 2 matches.

The last match he scored in was New years day vs Tranmere.

Something just doesnt seem right with him you can argue system etc, but i can remember many matches where hes had a hatfull of chances like tranmere at home.
Not good enough...not sure how he’s getting away with it on here lol

Users who are viewing this thread