Biamou 9 same as Baka would of been 10 with chances took

Allen 8 he’s everywhere has to start now
O’Hare 7 naive to get beat for their 1st but got the assist for max
Walsh 8 turned it for us in extra time
Godden 5 totally pointless

Robins 10
Sky Blue Army 10 !!!

pusbccfc

Marosi 8: Unlucky with the second. Made a few good saves and did far better from crosses and corners than usual.

Dabo 8: Just a very good player. Will be worth a lot of money by the summer.

Back 3: 7: All solid really. Pask did well against Juke.

Mason 5: Obvious he has played for ages.

Westbrooke 6: Nice feet for the Baka goal but his place in the team is gone for a while.

Shipperz 5: Out of his depth again.

Baka 7: Put himself about.

Biamou 7: Worked his heart out but I can't give him more as he just wasn't clinical enough tonight.

Missed opportunity tonight. We would have won comfortably if he had played at least one of the three midfielders.

Godden was very poor. Pathetic effort before Birmingham equalised.

City fans were class.

lifeskyblue

Marosi still stays on his line too often for me. But made a couple of excellent saves.
Dabo fantastic...if ever there was a player who gives everything week in week out it’s him. Strong, determined and skilful. Player of season for me.
Thought pask out of position quite a bit first half...improved second and extra time.
Mcfad and hyam...solid and dependable.
Mason struggled as game went on...perhaps not fully match fit.
Shippers and Westbrook...game got away from them
Kelly good game but tired.
Max and Baka...even if you are not going to win the ball you have to put yourself about. Both too timid at times...max missed a couple of decent chances

O’Hare...busy but went to ground on touchline letting their player cross for first goal
Allen decent...makes intelligent runs forward
Godden...no spark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harvey098

Max and Baka...even if you are not going to win the ballon you have to put yourself about. Both too timid at times...max missed a couple of decent chances
Max probably should’ve scored at least another one BUT how you can say they didn’t put themselves about is incredible. They were everywhere between them and kept a championship defence honest all night. Would love to know what Max’s pass completion was but I don’t remember him losing the ball once in 120 minutes and won us a lot of free kicks to relieve pressure.

cc84cov

Max probably should’ve scored at least another one BUT how you can say they didn’t put themselves about is incredible. They were everywhere between them and kept a championship defence honest all night. Would love to know what Max’s pass completion was but I don’t remember him losing the ball once and did no end of important defensive dirty work too.
Them 2 defenders knew they were in a game with max & Baka tonight for sure my pal is a blues fan & said if they were clinical we would of been out of sight they give their defence a real game

harvey098

Them 2 defenders knew they were in a game with max & Baka tonight for sure my pal is a blues fan & said if they were clinical we would of been out of sight they give their defence a real game

And that really is why they’re league 1 strikers and not championship which is why I can’t argue with lifeskyblue’s comments about being more clinical but to say they didn’t put themselves about tonight is ludicrous

lifeskyblue

Max probably should’ve scored at least another one BUT how you can say they didn’t put themselves about is incredible. They were everywhere between them and kept a championship defence honest all night. Would love to know what Max’s pass completion was but I don’t remember him losing the ball once in 120 minutes and won us a lot of free kicks to relieve pressure.

Won hardly anything in air and mainly didnt even challenge the big centre halves with the ball in the air. We didn’t rattle their centre halves enough...put on their backsides and unnerve them.

SAJ

Think they can all hold their heads high. Over 210 minutes Birmingham were the best team for about 40 off them. If that’s mid table in the Chanpionship then we have nothing to fear. Missed some golden opportunities and were naive on both their goals. O’Hare will learn in that position take a foul and a booking so you can re group. Mason similarly should have fouled him but who knew he would miss hit a cross into the net.
Shipley and Westbrooke to me looked out of their depth. MoM Dabo starting to look a classy player.

Nick

Administrator
Won hardly anything in air and mainly didnt even challenge the big centre halves with the ball in the air. We didn’t rattle their centre halves enough...put on their backsides and unnerve them.

They won a fair bit in the air.

cc84cov

I seen max challenge for every ball that come his way Jesus Christ did you watch the game same as Baka

cc84cov

Of course...I’m sorry just Didn’t see it same way as you

Fair enough mate for me thorough they both put themselves about and won headers against 2 good centre half’s for me to praise Baka takes a lot but tonight he was good second half mainly

lifeskyblue

Fair enough mate for me thorough they both put themselves about and won headers against 2 good centre half’s for me to praise Baka takes a lot but tonight he was good second half mainly

Fair enough. At least we totally agree re Dabo. Brilliant again. Sat a couple rows behind his dad...nice guy.

cc84cov

Fair enough. At least we totally agree re Dabo. Brilliant again. Sat a couple rows behind his dad...nice guy.

My fave player he has some engine on him 120 mins didn’t stop class act & great signing

lifeskyblue

My fave player he has some engine on him 120 mins didn’t stop class act & great signing

He is some player...looked even fitter in extra time than during the 90. How does he do that. His forward play is improving all the time; adds great support going forward on that right side.

rob9872

Some are so anti shippers on here. He wasn't great but Westbrooke Mason & Godden so much worse.

Dabo motm again, but front 2 worked hard & mcFadz was strong. Kelly good apart from yet again 3 wayward shots

luwalla

Everyone else 7, dabo 9
Ps - marosi really needs to start coming off his line. Good shit stopper and his back line seem to have confidence with the ball moving g between them and him, but Burge would have been slated for some of the line hugging marosi does

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Some are so anti shippers on here. He wasn't great but Westbrooke Mason & Godden so much worse.

Dabo motm again, but front 2 worked hard & mcFadz was strong. Kelly good apart from yet again 3 wayward shots

Can be argued both ways. Some are way to pro shippers in terms of how good he actually is, for what’s its worth I agree with you on mason and Godden, thought Westbrooke was fine tonight, not particularly good, but lovely footwork for the goal. Shipley was poor as were the other two

luwalla

Shipley is a enigma

my family love him and he drives me absolutely crazy. Lots of talent and isn’t afraid to shoot - which I love... but too afraid to put a solid tackle in and win the ball when it’s there to be won, he’d rather stand off and let them win the ball and then try to stand them up... then when he feels the crowd getting on his back for not making the easy challenge he makes silly Fouls. Get your first time tackle in!

if he can change that mentality and put a tackle in when it’s clearly on, then he has the chance to go all the way... if he insist on backing off and trying to jockey for the ball then he will continue to frustrate

cc84cov

Shipley is a enigma

my family love him and he drives me absolutely crazy. Lots of talent and isn’t afraid to shoot - which I love... but too afraid to put a solid tackle in and win the ball when it’s there to be won, he’d rather stand off and let them win the ball and then try to stand them up... then when he feels the crowd getting on his back for not making the easy challenge he makes silly Fouls. Get your first time tackle in!

if he can change that mentality and put a tackle in when it’s clearly on, then he has the chance to go all the way... if he insist on backing off and trying to jockey for the ball then he will continue to frustrate
Not a centre midfielder for me not strong enough doesn’t like the tackle he’s position is that advanced bid midfielder

rob9872

Can be argued both ways. Some are way to pro shippers in terms of how good he actually is, for what’s its worth I agree with you on mason and Godden, thought Westbrooke was fine tonight, not particularly good, but lovely footwork for the goal. Shipley was poor as were the other two

I see what you're saying, but I just think Zain gets pushed off the ball too easily. Way too lightweight for me. A good preseason in the gym would help.
The move for Bakas goal started witha good ball from Shippers to Dabo too and than Dabo to Westbrooke.

win9nut

Marosi 8 done basics well odd good save
Dabo 10 immense player
Pask 7 done well
Mcfadz 10 absolute warrior
Hyam 9 strong performance
Mason 7 done ok not big enough for me
Kelly 8 done ok
Westbrooke 7 started well,faded
Shipley 6 poor
Baka 9 constant threat second half
Biamou 9 same as Baka would of been 10 with chances took

Allen 8 he’s everywhere has to start now
O’Hare 7 naive to get beat for their 1st but got the assist for max
Walsh 8 turned it for us in extra time
Godden 5 totally pointless

Robins 10
Sky Blue Army 10 !!!
pretty much agree with all that, thought Mason was arguably worth an 8 though, although he faded significantly towards the end... Reckon he could potentially have stopped that last cross if he had more legs

(although i could be wrong as i have to see it back yet... that can wait till I'm less gutted than I am right now... maybe Sunday after the old five against Bolton!)

Great_Expectations

Frustrating game to score as we played fantastically against a team in the league above, so a bit of context needed

Marosi - 7 - was actually better off his line than he has been in a while, when he actually came for it. I also thought his long range kicking was poor. Great save when they were through one on one too.

Dabo - 9 - shocked there wasn’t any interest in January (that we know of). Looked very comfortable against Championship opposition and is looking stronger offensively every game. A real threat on the ball and still does his defensive duties.

Pask - 7 - Montero had the beating of him all game and constantly looked on the back foot, albeit his pace helped him recover at times. Few wayward passes too, including a few dodgy cross field attempts. In his defence; he was against their best player and a Championship team, after only a few first team games - it’s a big game to come into. Got better as the game went on and did well in the air.

McFadzean - 9 - yes he makes the odd mistake, but he’s a class above L1 and tonight showed that. He didn’t look phased or worried by their attackers once. Absolute leaders performance once again.

Hyam - 8 - solid, reliable yet understated performance as always. Didn’t look out of place at all. Not on the ball as much as usual tonight though.

Mason - 7 - looked rusty on the ball. Defensively sound though. Potentially could have done more to stop the cross/goal but at that stage of the game he couldn’t risk being skinned and he had closed the angle somewhat. There was only place it could go - I bet their player couldn’t do it again.

Kelly - 8 - always offered himself as always and looked comfortable as ever in possession. I think his influence dipped after about 30 minutes, in my view due to not having Walsh helping to control the game alongside him. Shipley isn’t that sort of player and Kelly couldn’t keep doing it alone against a Championship team. Also, he really is awful at shooting!

Shipley - 6.5 - too anonymous which is even mor evident when playing in the deeper role. Needed to get hold of the game and struggled a bit tonight. When on the ball he was effective and positive, but wasn’t on it anywhere near enough and I think was a reason we lost control of the game for half of the first half. Still dangles the foot too much as well.

Westbrooke - 6 - anonymous too. Although to be fair he’s never a lone 10 - he isn’t creative enough and tonight wasn’t quick enough on the ball either. A lot of his passes were anticipated by Birmingham too. Him in that position is another reason we lost momentum for a while. Shame as he’s a good player technically. Worked tirelessly to close down their defenders.

Bakayoko - 9 - I put it on another thread, but tonight all of his attributes combined and looked a real force. His link up play was great as was his movement. Plus he scored. Real shame he got cramp as we lost impetus. Their defence didn’t like him and Biamou buzzing around them at all.

Biamou - 8 - tricky one. Missed three glorious chances. Excuses could be made for all of them to be fair (e.g. Dabo’s cross was slightly behind him), but nonetheless he should be converting them - a clinical striker does. Had an excellent all round game too, he also linked play well and caused issues for their defence with his movement and harrying. Looked quicker than I remember him being too.

Subs

Allen - 8 - looks a really good player, more creative than I expected.
O’Hare - 7 - lively again and his movement caused issues. Wasn’t on the ball and running at them enough tonight though. Good interplay with Walsh - those two are brilliant technically.
Walsh - 8 - short cameo, but performed well in it. Wanted the ball constantly, and used it well, constantly. Incredible player, still can’t believe some wrote him off earlier in the season.
Godden - 6 - not jumping on the bandwagon but he was poor tonight. Not too sure what his strengths are yet. His lack of pace was too evident tonight and his movement (which was great when he arrived) seems to have gone backwards.

MR - 9 - went for an attacking line up with two big strikers and it worked fantastically. Changes were positive and influenced the game (Baka/Godden was forced). Maybe the way we played tonight against a Championship opposition when allowed to be more attacking will help remove some of his cautiousness in league games.

SBA - 10 - great support as always and no trouble from what I could see. Just fans wanting to support their team.

skyblue025

Marosi 6. Made a couple of saves. Didn't command his area at all today. Some of his kicking today was as bad as Burges last season. Put 3 straight into touch when trying to find Mason.

Mason 5 looked off the pace tonight. Got beaten a lot by their winger and was targeted. Both Brums goals came from crosses from his side.

Dabo 8 up and down the wing like a fiddlers elbow. Great engine, strong in the tackle and best his man numerous times when attacking. Our MOTM.

Hyam, Mcfadz, Pask all 7 did a decent job all night. That run from Pask first half was incredible. I thought he had lost it twice.

Kelly 7 did what he always does. Broke play up, passed it well. Can't shoot for shit.

Shippers 6 did ok but was in a more withdrawn role rather than attacking role.

Westbrook 6 see above. Made a lot of runs forward but wasn't picked out.

Baka 7 scored a good goal but missed a sitter. Put himself about well. Good game for him.

Max 7 same as Baka really. Should have had 2 if not a hat trick.

Allen 7 neat and tidy. Skyed a good chance over the bar.
O'hare 6 flatters to deceive for me. Gets you on the edge of your seat then nothing happens. At fault for their first goal, great pass for Max's goal
Godden 6 was pretty quiet when he came on. Had 1 chance but a poor first touch and lack of pace gave the defender time to get back. Not sure if he's still carrying an injury but looked off the pace.
Walsh 7 Really made a difference when he came on. Shame he wasn't on earlier.

MR 8 over the 2 legs. Got it pretty much spot on. The missed chances by Ohare, Baka, Max and Allen have cost us big time.

Gosb

I never want to see us lose, but this has to be a good result for us, doesn't it? We're out of the Cup with our dignity intact so can concentrate on winning this league, and we've learned a bit more about the capabilities of our squad. And, as far as I know, we've incurred no injuries in the process. PUSB

cc84cov

Marosi 6. Made a couple of saves. Didn't command his area at all today. Some of his kicking today was as bad as Burges last season. Put 3 straight into touch when trying to find Mason.

Mason 5 looked off the pace tonight. Got beaten a lot by their winger and was targeted. Both Brums goals came from crosses from his side.

Dabo 8 up and down the wing like a fiddlers elbow. Great engine, strong in the tackle and best his man numerous times when attacking. Our MOTM.

Hyam, Mcfadz, Pask all 7 did a decent job all night. That run from Pask first half was incredible. I thought he had lost it twice.

Kelly 7 did what he always does. Broke play up, passed it well. Can't shoot for shit.

Shippers 6 did ok but was in a more withdrawn role rather than attacking role.

Westbrook 6 see above. Made a lot of runs forward but wasn't picked out.

Baka 7 scored a good goal but missed a sitter. Put himself about well. Good game for him.

Max 7 same as Baka really. Should have had 2 if not a hat trick.

Allen 7 neat and tidy. Skyed a good chance over the bar.
O'hare 6 flatters to deceive for me. Gets you on the edge of your seat then nothing happens. At fault for their first goal, great pass for Max's goal
Godden 6 was pretty quiet when he came on. Had 1 chance but a poor first touch and lack of pace gave the defender time to get back. Not sure if he's still carrying an injury but looked off the pace.
Walsh 7 Really made a difference when he came on. Shame he wasn't on earlier.

MR 8 over the 2 legs. Got it pretty much spot on. The missed chances by Ohare, Baka, Max and Allen have cost us big time.
Poor that both goals came from out left hand side can see why robins has drafted in another left sided player,Mason needs to get sharp again though

skyblue025

What sitter did Baka miss? Only real chance he had was when he had to turn and shoot from nearly 18 yards out.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
In the first 5-10 minutes. He had a poor touch when through with just the keeper to beat, hesitated and had a weak shot from about 14 yards out straight at the only defender behind the keeper. `

Nick

Administrator
In the first 5-10 minutes. He did the hard work took it to the side of the keeper and then hesitated and had a weak shot from about 14 yards out straight at the only defender behind the keeper. `

It wasn't really a sitter, was it?

Both him and Biamou held it up really well and their footwork when they had it at their feet was very good.

It was a shame Baka got injured as when he went off we lost an outlet up front and defensively from set pieces.

Ring Of Steel

I never want to see us lose, but this has to be a good result for us, doesn't it? We're out of the Cup with our dignity intact so can concentrate on winning this league, and we've learned a bit more about the capabilities of our squad. And, as far as I know, we've incurred no injuries in the process. PUSB
We also had more confirmation, if needed, that our away support is loud, proud and a credit to us.

skyblue025

It wasn't really a sitter, was it?

Both him and Biamou held it up really well and their footwork when they had it at their feet was very good.

It was a shame Baka got injured as when he went off we lost an outlet up front and defensively from set pieces.

When your through 1 on 1 it should favour the attacker to score. Maybe a sitter is too harsh but a really good chance. He did play well last night best I've seen him for a long time. Maybe it was the new dreads. He plays better in 2 than on his own thats for sure.

Adge

Marosi 7 Couple of wayward kicks first half/couple of important saves and got 2-3 good punches clear from the inevitable crosses and throws that came in.

Dabo 9 Our man of the match for me. Great at getting forward last night and continuing to improve still with every game. Might struggle to hold onto him in the summer.

MacFadzean 8 Wasn’t at all intimidated by the lumps up front and dealt well with the bombardment-a real leaders at the back performance.

Hyam 7 Another good display alongside MacFadz and Pask-quietly went about his business.

Pask 6 One great run in the first half but sometimes got caught out by them too. Not too bad on the whole and done a reasonable job.

Mason 5 Not really at the races and was easily undone on a number of occasions. Should have done better/worked harder to at least try and stop the cross coming in that led to the goal. Looked really tired and surprised he wasn’t subbed.

Kelly 7 The usual from him but needs to find his shooting boots! Wasn’t really helped by his midfield colleagues until Allen and Walsh entered the field.

Shipley 5 Just wasn’t at the races.

Westbrook 6 Had a hand in Baka’s goal but didn’t really notice him then till he missed a chance from about 10 yards out which should have hit the target at least.

Baka 8 Really surprised me and had a very good night and deserved his goal. Shame he had to come off as he was having a real impact and causing them problems.

Biamou 7 Had a decent game also but has to put them chances away despite getting what we all thought was the winner in extra time.

Subs- 6 O’Hare Maybe should have done better with the first goal where he maybe should have took a caution for the team but had an assist for Biamou’s goal.

Allen 7 Came on and made a real difference when the game was passing others by-had a chance aswell but story off the game-he missed and blazed over.

Walsh 7 Again came in and showed his quality.

Godden 5 Just couldn’t get going-had a chance down the far end where it seemed he was going to score but was too slow and had the ball nicked off him. Looks like he may not be up to speed/fully fit.

Robins 9 Got the substitutions bang on and will count himself very unfortunate that his team didn’t make it into the next round. Probably a double edged sword as he can now put his focus on the rest of the league campaign.

Fans 8 Decent turnout of 4500.

Users who are viewing this thread