Transfer Rumour Matt Godden (1 Viewer)

Skybluefaz

It's just a feeling, not based on anything particularly rational apart from him being 28 and older than our usual permanent signings.

That said, you could say the same about McFadzean.

I think we were linked last season, might be wrong but think Robins has had his eye on him for a while

ccfcricoh

last year we were praying for a striker that could score 15+ goals, this bloke did it, can't say i know a lot about him but would be happy with it!

Pete in Portugal

I'm happy for this, let's look at it logically, we all wanted mcnulty and walker who have very little experience in league 1 (I wanted them too) and should be delighted we've got a lad who actually has done well at this level albeit 1 season

I agree, but I hope the transfer fee was not much more than £500k.

Liquid Gold

I think he's a great signing but would prefer him in a 4231 than 433 as he doesn't look like he has the build to do enough of the hold up play. Hopefully this means we've got a 10 in mind too or the Bright situation is finally coming to a head.

block16

Get it done. Not gunna get any better than signing an 18 goal striker at this stage!
People were begging for Tyler Walker or McNulty on a year loan. Much rather Godden on a 2 or 3 year deal any day

Evo1883

Announced this evening hopefully, should cheer up a few people... Or maybe not who knows lol

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

Evo1883

Amazing isn't it, get a number 10 too and the side suddenly looks very strong at this level...

fatso

We’ve needed a decent big guy who can score and has a physical presence.
Baka and Biamou are never going to be the answer, so I welcome this signing.

Now all we need is Bright and a pacy forward (Hiwula isn’t the answer) and we’re good to go.

cc84cov

Looking at Godden & Walker you would probably go with Godden proven at this level all the best for the lad hope he does well for us didn’t fancy him myself but trust Robins

fernandopartridge

He does look like exactly what we need tbh - just looking at some of his goals from last season (I googled him and saw when he'd scored), popping up to finish loose balls quite a lot

cc84cov

He does look like exactly what we need tbh - just looking at some of his goals from last season (I googled him and saw when he'd scored), popping up to finish loose balls quite a lot
18 goals last season league 1 level problem now is creating the chances for him.

Mr Panda

I'd be happy with this. Crying out for a guy who no matter how just scores any kind of goal. Should do quite well if we create chances like we did last season.

Greggs

The get Bright in and we can play 4-2-3-1 as well as 4-3-3. Happy days!

fatso

The fact that Godden dosnt fit our normal player profile would suggest to me that MR has brought him in to really make a concerted effort to get us promoted this season. There is little chance of making money from him, but no risk, as he’s proven at this level.

cc84cov

Seems very mobile good movement & clinical for some reason I thought he was small should be ok playing up front alone

Users who are viewing this thread