Transfer Rumour Matt Godden (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Barry Fry has history of making ridiculous public statements on the value of players, I remember him quoting £4m for Jonathan Hunt in the 90s who was at Birmingham, I think he got a transfer to Derby and his career just evaporated...

coop

Why don't we use the money on Brights wages on loan from wolves and put Hiwula up front his natural position.

Greggs

Why don't we use the money on Brights wages on loan from wolves and put Hiwula up front his natural position.
Bright must be injured, that's my guess. Perhaps he did fail a medical somewhere?

Kingokings204

I don’t understand why they would sell a bloke who whilst isn’t a world beater clearly has had a good first season and scored goals? Who they paid 400k for themselves to a league 1 rival?

Doesn’t make sense to me

cc84cov

Who do you think is available that will be better than someone who got 18 goals at our level last year?
I can’t see this even happening posh are already playing games knowing we’ve taken a reported 3m for players in last 2 months by saying 500k is not enough

ccfchoi87

I don’t understand why they would sell a bloke who whilst isn’t a world beater clearly has had a good first season and scored goals? Who they paid 400k for themselves to a league 1 rival?

Doesn’t make sense to me

I think he wants out. They have Eisa and Toney ahead of him and he wants first team football at the age of 28.

They are struggling with FFP allegedly.

ccfchoi87

I can’t see this even happening posh are already playing games knowing we’ve taken a reported 3m for players in last 2 months by saying 500k is not enough

I don’t think it’ll happen either but I’d be very surprised if we brought in better.

Exit Stage Left

Doesn’t make sense to me

They have just signed Mo Eisa for a club record fee and him and Ivan Toney have played up front together all pre-season and again at the weekend. Matt Godden is effectively the back-up cover for these two, but according to Barry Fry he has responded back that at his age he wants to be playing first team football. Godden is sounding like a player who is about to hand in a transfer request. I personally think a player who scored 18 goals last season in League One has proven he can score goals at this level. SIGN HIM UP!!!!!!!

ccfc_Tom

Barnsley just sold moore to
Wigan and they want toney as a replacement. Will make getting godden difficult.

Grendel

Doesn’t make sense to me

Even if it isn’t true they are always selling players it’s a huge turnover if staff every year

AFCCOVENTRY

Even if it isn’t true they are always selling players it’s a huge turnover if staff every year

Amazing turnover they have. Posh have this knack of making a good profit from players every season and keeping a strong squad. They find some tea gems and sell on for a big fee.

junglej13

The chairman has said a few times one aspect of his business model is to invest in strikers as they are where you can make the most profit. Said he never brings in loan strikers as he doesn't want to increase the value of other clubs players.

SeaSeeEffCee

It's a model that makes them a lot of money, but when was the last time they made the play-offs despite being consistently tipped for it every summer?

Users who are viewing this thread