Match Thread vs Southampton (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Ah, don't worry. Sky have a few L1 games on. We'll probably be on more times than we have this year. Don't forget the mouthwatering prospect of the JPT too.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

No just right. Your attempt to verbally abuse shows you are wrong. Just face it you backed a dud who has contributed in no small way over 46 games to our relegation. If you seriously think he is the man to lead us back up I almost pity you.

I would suggest that calling someone 'cringeworthy' is somewhat better than the homophobia of accusing someone of ''man-love'

Grendel

I would suggest that calling someone 'cringeworthy' is somewhat better than the homophobia of accusing someone of ''man-love'

Oh dear, oh dear. Mine in jest yours rather more serious I suggest.

Nonleagueherewecome

Never has a day at work been less stressful than a day off! I'm glad we've been busy, I've missed most of it. From what I saw, some of the kids look OK...Willis is raw but has undoubted potential, saw most of Henderson and he did well in the air and passed well..the winger looked all right foot playing on the left, but had a bit of pace and first touch..could be usefull bunch we've had our first glimpse of today.

There's a positive! I think everyone needs to chill out a bit, the off the pitch issues are our paramount concern. We're a knackerd bare-bones side who are down and got beaten well by the promoted side. There's two divisions between us now. 4-0 is no disgrace, in the circumstances.

Oh and Baker? No match fitness whatsover. He tried from what I saw, but faded quickly through..lack of fitness.

joemercersaces

Today was just the chickens coming home to roost.

Think of any sport. Take cricket or rugby. England have no doubt got lots of talented youngsters but what would happen if they all had to play against France or India (unless they played France at cricket and India at rugby of course)

In fact we tried it in rugby a few years ago, in Australia and lost by 70 points.

A crop of promising young players thrown into the deep end, way out of their depth and men against boys, you pick the cliche.

They will come good though, just hope it's for us.

So let's accept that. What you are saying is let's give him another go not based on his ability as a manager as this we don't know but because he has been unfairly treated, is that what you are saying?

If, as you say, we don't know his ability as a manager why should we sack him??

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Think you have to look past the result against a team that has been top two all season - during which time we have spent most time in the bottom three

of the 16 players we had 8 that were under 23 - 2 that only got squad numbers last week. 3 or 4 Players that had a few weeks ago played against Saints U18's. We were already relegated and confidence low. Now do your own contrast with a team full of confidence that going to the Premiership not League1. Having read some posts on the site regarding the youngsters I am more than disappointed by the content. There were times when we played some nice football but it was difference in the physical age and development of the players that was a major difference. That plus Saints have goal scorers. There are lads who have played less than 30 minutes of Championship football and are classed as not good enough by some on this site - unbelievable!

Yes fitness has been a factor, no i dont think our pre season fitness was good enough. The senior players have been lacking in that respect. BUT in nearly every other team our youngsters would have played a few then rested a few, they didnt have that luxury. It isnt down to fitness you can do to train it in it is down to physical development due to age!:facepalm:

What I saw today was a basis to a team that, assuming we can keep hold of them, will have young experienced players with a great deal of quality. What they need is a strong leader, a quick winger and a couple of goal scorers (Platt & and Nimely aint it). Perhaps a couple of free signings in addition to give depth and I reckon we could do okay in League1. We have to form and plan a team for league 1 not the Championship but build in the ability to improve if successful.

hammering the youngsters does no good and is of no credit to any one

ps - forgot to say ...... I am very proud of our youngsters not only today but for this season .... they are the future of this club

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I can't knock the youngsters today. I watched on BBC and thought they played well considering all circumstances. Personally, I'd have shat myself if I was asked to play in that game when I was their age! Well done lads. Proud of you! :claping hands:

TheHellion

Today is a strange day for me.

Our inability to defend at corners was apparent again. But then again it's not like we've got our most experienced defence out there is it? A few sloppy passes in midfield which was a little dissapointing. But the main difference today was, in my opinion, down to their ability to finish chances. I don't think you can expect to throw that many young and untried players into a team and expect them to be directly on the pace of a team that, let's face it, were always going to play their hearts out today. Under the circumstances, the young'uns didn't do that bad a job today.

Now, I have to say massive credit to the Southampton fans. Although it wasn't a constant one, the atmosphere was at times purely electric. There was some decent banter going on with them as well, and credit also to our guys and girls, for doing their bit for the atmosphere. It's nice to see Southampton getting back up, they've gone through a lot over the last few years and surely it has to give us just a tiny glimmer of hope for the future?

Saints_Velleity

Your fans

Your fans were a credit to you today.

Despite the astounding volume we were generating, still heard plenty from your fans.

Staying to watch our promotion celebrations was a sign of real class and your applause was noted and welcomed by at least one deafened Saints fan - though the comments I've seen on our sites suggest I'm not the only one.

Sorry for what's happening to your club off the field - you're a city that deserves to be high in the leagues: I'm sure it will all come back. We've been through it and recovered; so will you.

I will ALWAYS have a soft spot for you from now on thanks to your attitude today. Thank you.

Saintlilly

Hi, another saints fan here, you lot were awesome today and helped make the day extra special, shame you couldn't have joined us on the pitch, I think you would have been welcomed by all of us. Great singing and well done on keeping such a positive spirit throughout, I hope you noticed the applause directed towards you all, and we appreciated your congratulations too. I also will now always have a soft spot for you and I hope things start to get better for you. You deserve it!

Lilly x

SkyBlueDickie

Think it's completely unfair to knock the fans efforts for trying to get some SISU noise going. In case you didn't notice it's difficult to get a chant going continuously when every time you open your mouths your blown away by a wall of promotion noise.

canleykid

Hi, another saints fan here, you lot were awesome today and helped make the day extra special, shame you couldn't have joined us on the pitch, I think you would have been welcomed by all of us. Great singing and well done on keeping such a positive spirit throughout, I hope you noticed the applause directed towards you all, and we appreciated your congratulations too. I also will now always have a soft spot for you and I hope things start to get better for you. You deserve it!

Lilly x

I got on the pitch I was dressed as wonderwoman and saints fans helped me over the barrier,was a great day and I hope we come back soon,you will be mid table next year like swansea and norwich,

Users who are viewing this thread