Match thread and team news (2 Viewers)

mark82

I feel this was our big chance to win away. In my opinion a poor result.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Cody has had 2 cleared off the line he is a goal scorer now back fit and could make the difference for us.

Good point. Cameron sounds like class doing the right thing and has made the difference at the back.
Sounds as if Cameron will be a doubt for Cardiff game now, he was a rock vs Birmingham and sounded good again today so will be a blow.

Otis

I'm happy with a draw, but worried quite a bit that, that is now 4 away games in a row without a goal.

kg82

I don't know how anyone can say it's a poor result when we've lost 10 in a row and only got 3 points before this away all season. In relation to our season, any point away from home is an excellent point.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm happy with a draw, but worried quite a bit that, that is now 4 away games in a row without a goal.
Yea one thing to be delighted with is the clean sheet though, if we keep lots of clean sheets in the last 9 games we will have a chance. We need to score away, today we sounded the most dangerous in a away game that I can remember for a while, anything against Cardiff wednesday will be a bonus point.

Paxman II

It's good to see a clean sheet (hope Cameron is OK) and a point away so yes a good result today.
We had 2 cleared or was it 3 off the line....could have been different so can't argue too much considering what we have been like.

Don't look for too many negatives like this caller is now...footy is about gaining confidence and City built confidence today to take forward.

Nimely for all his guile never looks like scoring....hope we see Cody in from the start next game.

Hate to say it but is Alex blessed with the GRAVEYARD STRIKER CURSE - I know about the 3 pens BUT 1 goal in 10 games is a bit worrying don't you think ???

PUSB

kg82

Hate to say it but is Alex blessed with the GRAVEYARD STRIKER CURSE - I know about the 3 pens BUT 1 goal in 10 games is a bit worrying don't you think ???

PUSB

For me he's not a striker but he's doing a good job. His first touch is immense and hardly ever loses the ball. What we've got to get him back doing is running at defenders in the box.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

PUSB

He never regularly scored at any level before he came here. He was a kid sent here to learn his trade. He's learning his trade

Otis

It's got to be a good thing though. If we have any chance we have to have an unbeaten run.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Could have done with 3 points but this result stops the rot and gets the 11 losing away match monkey off their backs.

AT said he didnt like to play this way but to be honest if they had five or six more times this season away from home they could still have had no wins but 5 or 6 more points and out of the relegation zone. Sorry AT but sometimes the way we play isnt as important as the result and the points that go with it. There is, I think, real evidence of the players digging in, putting bodies in the way and fighting for points not just playing a passing game - that is what we want to see isnt it? playing like it means something ?

Maybe 2 points we could of had .......... but we had to defend well, had some luck, Murphy pulled off some good saves, and Watford had chances ............ so I think this should be looked at as a positive result that could have been better.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Just got back in Brighton-I think a good number of the team can be pleased with their efforts today. Clarke, Keogh, and Cameron fought hard at the back in front of Murphy who had a relatively mistake-free afternoon. Cranie had a slight off day with a number of shanked clearances and wayward balls, though the rest of his defence compensated for it. Clingan had a better game, but is still prone to horrendous passes that put the defence under extra pressure. Norwood and Deegan gave decent displays, though Deegan's touch and distribution are becoming glaring weaknesses. McSheffrey worked hard, as did Nimeley and Platt, but the front 2 were essentially left chasing lofted balls forward from the back with mixed results.
What was pleasing was there was a much more positive start to the game compared to previous outings at Reading and Lesta-more urgency to chase the ball down and get it forward gave Watford problems for sure, but then in the 2nd half we took our foot off the gas and let Watford have much more of the ball. Had Cameron's effort counted, we would probably have come away with all of the points-good effort today, but in my book it's 2 points dropped against poor opposition.

Grendel

'Andy Thorn's Sky Blue Army' constant for the last 5-10 mins-thank god Duffy ain't here.

I can live with that. What happened for the other 80 minutes. I assume the usual inspid nature of our performance induced the familiar Riga Mortis effect. It usually does.

Grendel

Brighton Sky Blue

I can live with that. What happened for the other 80 minutes. I assume the usual inspid nature of our performance induced the familiar Riga Mortis effect. It usually does.

In a nutshell, we were on top for the first half, had a goal disallowed and forced a good save or 2, then backed off in the second half and were on the back foot. A combination of Joe Murphy and our own lack of cutting edge in and around the box made for a goalless draw.

Grendel

In a nutshell, we were on top for the first half, had a goal disallowed and forced a good save or 2, then backed off in the second half and were on the back foot. A combination of Joe Murphy and our own lack of cutting edge in and around the box made for a goalless draw.

Ah well 1 point in 33. Must be doing something right.

An eloquent Watford fans view on AT's comments:

"Andy Thorn, Coventry manager & Droopy lookalike, seems somewhat confused as to how his team and Watford play the game.

Quotes from the Sporting Life website regarding yesterdays encounter..

"They're in form, it's a tough place to come, but we knew what to expect. We were going to get peppered early on and throughout the game."
Could you run that cliche by me once more as it's been ooh, since the last Manager-By-Numbers side we played against who said that.
While I know we don't play like Brazil in 1970, neither do we lump it forward at every opportunity. There'd be no point with two quick skillful wingers who like & need it to feet.

"They do great at what they do and Sean's (Dyche) done terrific and it was important that we matched them for their style of play."
We do what we do, that's correct. As I see it we try to mix direct play with, at times, neat midfield short passing. Sometimes we try to build from the back.
It doesn't always work but we aren't one dimensional.

"It's not the way I want to play; I think I said before I thought at one stage the ball was going to be substituted and bandaged up and taken to the hospital."
That's the Droopy cartoon character in him talking isn't it? Trying to be funny??

"We had to dig in and show some character against a really good side that, results-wise, he's got playing well."
You patronising fu(k-wit.

No, we don't play silky-skilled football for 90 minutes but we do try to mix & match depending on who's in our side and who we're playing against.
Sometimes it looks great and sometimes it's horrible to watch but please, we are not long ball merchants with a heavy emphasis on the physical side of the game.

Also, before slyly digging at your pre-conceived idea of the oppositions tactics, try not to time waste from the first 10 minutes of a game and look for a 0-0 away from home when you're slowly drifting away from the team fourth from bottom in the division. A bizarre mentality from a team you'd think would be busting a gut for 3 points.

You would also have gained some respect if you'd mentioned the referee doing his monkey dance but you didn't so ****-off."

Users who are viewing this thread