Match Day Thread - Sky Blue Sports & Leisure Limited and Others -v- Coventry City Council and Others (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

best interests of Coventry tax payers.
The council might want to present it as that but has anything in the legal proceedings shown that to be the case?

The deal being legal and being in the best interests of the taxpayer aren’t necessarily the same thing.

So onwards to the next appeal.

Colin Steins Smile

Our owners are very consistent [unlike our team at the moment] they lose EVERY case!

Having said that ....they are consistent and despite their 100% losing record I expect them to invest into those poor judges .....32% pay rise!! .....and barristers again.

The definition of stupidity is keep repeating the same thing and expecting a different outcome. Can the owners change tack and concentrate on the club instead?

skybluetony176

The council might want to present it as that but has anything in the legal proceedings shown that to be the case?

The deal being legal and being in the best interests of the taxpayer aren’t necessarily the same thing.

So onwards to the next appeal.

I would imagine that SISU wouldn’t be appealing if that was the case. Besides as has been shown countless times on here best value for money for the taxpayer doesn’t have to mean pounds in the bank. Sisu don’t have a case, simple as that even if you try to sharpen the blurred lines.

Best thing for the club is for sisu to throw the towel in and sell the club for what they can get. More likely they’ll carry on with the appeal process and then the best thing for the club would be them losing and the door being shut well and truly in their face forcing them to throw the towel in and selling up.

chiefdave

You mean they should have sold it to ccfc? What would have been in the best interests?
That’s not what is being said. The council have made, and continue to make, claims about the Ricoh sale which they have presented zero evidence to back up.

Not least that it is in the best interest of the taxpayer and that it will not be to the detriment of CCFC or CRFC.

Personally I couldn’t care less how much SISU lose but I do care about the cities own clubs and taxpayers over a rugby club parachuted in from London.

fernandopartridge

You mean they should have sold it to ccfc? What would have been in the best interests?

It's simple. What were the supposed benefits to the Coventry tax payer? When you talk about tax payer you imply that the council would be better off? Is that the case? What happened to the 'profit' on the ACL loan?

Captain Dart

It is not hard to understand, he means that Wasps now hold the £13.4M debt previously held by the Council.
If Wasps go bust because of that debt it does not effect the taxpayers whereas previously it would have driven a huge hole in Council finances.
SISU were never going to take that debt away.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
It is not hard to understand, he means that Wasps now hold the £15M debt previously held by the Council.
If Wasps go bust because of that debt it does not effect the taxpayers whereas previously it would have driven a huge hole in Council finances.

Wasn't one of the selling points all of the money they would make from that debt?

If Wasps go bust, who then runs the stadium when the lease reverts back to the council?

Captain Dart

Wasn't one of the selling points all of the money they would make from that debt?

If Wasps go bust, who then runs the stadium when the lease reverts back to the council?

Do you think I care if Wasps go bust, couldn't give a monkeys.
If they do I'm sure a local football club will find a few pennies to buy the lease at a knock down price.

Nick

Administrator
Do you think I care if Wasps go bust, couldn't give a monkeys.
If they do I'm sure a local football club will find a few pennies to buy the lease at a knock down price.

You must have read the post you quoted completely differently to how it's written as your response isn't related at all?

Forever_Blue

I would imagine that SISU wouldn’t be appealing if that was the case. Besides as has been shown countless times on here best value for money for the taxpayer doesn’t have to mean pounds in the bank. Sisu don’t have a case, simple as that even if you try to sharpen the blurred lines.

Best thing for the club is for sisu to throw the towel in and sell the club for what they can get. More likely they’ll carry on with the appeal process and then the best thing for the club would be them losing and the door being shut well and truly in their face forcing them to throw the towel in and selling up.
How many times can a court decision be appealed, surely all appeals are exhausted at some point?

Captain Dart

You must have read the post you quoted completely differently to how it's written as your response isn't related at all?
I corrected an inaccurate number, that's all. I addressed one of 2 points you made, that's all.

As for the other point you made about the loan being beneficial, that was a weak justification and it was no longer an appropriate risk once the Council had sold its interest in ACL.

Nick

Administrator
I corrected an inaccurate number, that's all. I addressed one of 2 points you made, that's all.

The only thing corrected was your post, which is why you then tried to make out I give a shit if Wasps go bust. The only people I'd feel for are the actual, genuine lifelong Wasps fans.

Captain Dart

The only thing corrected was your post, which is why you then tried to make out I give a shit if Wasps go bust. The only people I'd feel for are the actual, genuine lifelong Wasps fans.
I didn't, I don't care about what you think.

Nick

Administrator
I didn't, I don't care about what you think.

Exactly, so using that logic where did I say you cared? I didn't.

I pointed out what was said at the time as to why it benefited "tax payers" and what would happen if Wasps went bust.

You didn't really reply directly about it though for some reason.

Captain Dart

Wasps statement (from CT)
A spokesperson for Wasps Group said: “We have noted today’s judgement from the Court of Appeal and the response from the relevant parties. We await further developments and, in the meantime, our position regarding the possibility of future discussions with CCFC remains unchanged.”

fernandopartridge

It is not hard to understand, he means that Wasps now hold the £13.4M debt previously held by the Council.

Ergo, the best interests of the tax payer were to not take a loan out in the first place back in 2013, that's why that council meeting was such a secret. They really are the most spineless set.

Nick

Administrator
Ergo, the best interests of the tax payer were to not take a loan out in the first place back in 2013, that's why that council meeting was such a secret. They really are the most spineless set.

Or extend the lease so that financing would have been easier for the "community asset" and wouldn't have been under so much pressure. Therefore not relying on a stupid rent from CCFC to pay everything for them.

Captain Dart

Exactly, so using that logic where did I say you cared? I didn't.

I pointed out what was said at the time as to why it benefited "tax payers" and what would happen if Wasps went bust.

You didn't really reply directly about it though for some reason.

You have the wrong end of the stick. I simply reaffirmed my own position, if you have a viewpoint it is up to you to express it surely.

Wasps statement - “We have noted today’s judgment from the Court of Appeal and the response from the relevant parties. We await further developments and, in the meantime, our position regarding the possibility of future discussions with CCFC remains unchanged.”

I read from this that they are fully expecting either an appeal to the supreme court or civil proceedings... Sounds also like they are keen to chuck us out if we do either...

Captain Dart

Well that's your opinion. I don't agree because it would have cost the taxpayer and destroyed the Higgs charity.

Nick

Administrator
You have the wrong end of the stick. I simply reaffirmed my own position, if you have a viewpoint it is up to you to express it surely.

I wasn't asking your position though, I was replying to the things you said. That's how it works.

Captain Dart

I wasn't asking your position though, I was replying to the things you said. That's how it works.
No it isn't. I get to say what I want how I want unless or until you ban me.

Sky Blue Pete

That’s not what is being said. The council have made, and continue to make, claims about the Ricoh sale which they have presented zero evidence to back up.

Not least that it is in the best interest of the taxpayer and that it will not be to the detriment of CCFC or CRFC.

Personally I couldn’t care less how much SISU lose but I do care about the cities own clubs and taxpayers over a rugby club parachuted in from London.
Me too I just wondered what would have been in their best interests?

Nick

Administrator
No it isn't. I get to say what I want how I want unless or until you ban me.

What are you on about now?

You wrote something, I replied about to those points directly. That IS how it works. You then reply to my points telling me why what I have said is wrong.

The fact you chose not to reply to me disproving what you said says enough.

The fact you suddenly go into overdrive posting now also says enough.

Covstu

Lets hope this outcome doesn't stop further negotiations with the insects. If Wasps have a entrenched view on the club (or owners) then we could be in the shit. Clearly they will pull this to the line to try and force a preferential deal but lets face it 'goodwill' has long died between the two parties now.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

If there is another appeal Wasps will carry out their threat and I cannot see how the club could ask why no deal and claim they are hard done by . SISU JUST GO.

Magwitch

All you lot having a spat with each other look at the current facts as of next May we have no home ground, if that stays the case there’s a real chance our football club will cease to exist. Don’t think for one minute this will never happen think again

eastwoodsdustman

Sisu are continually dragging it out in the hope that Wasps run out of money so that they can pick up the stadium. Flip side is that Wasps need the income that the football club bring in and I doubt that they'd want to be seen as the one's who forced the football club out of its own City. I know people will jump straight on the whole Northampton thing but that's in the past now and if the football club are forced away again then it will cast Wasps in a pretty poor light with the Coventry public, the very one's who they're trying to attract.

Nick

Administrator
All you lot having a spat with each other look at the current facts as of next May we have no home ground, if that stays the case there’s a real chance our football club will cease to exist. Don’t think for one minute this will never happen think again

The scare mongering starts right here.

Let me guess, we should do everything and anything Wasps want to get a "deal"?

Lets roll out the "Jimmy Hill Way" twitter account, get some boycotts on the go.

Users who are viewing this thread