Match Day Thread - Sky Blue Sports & Leisure Limited and Others -v- Coventry City Council and Others (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

I'm going for a SBS&L win, with the JR appeal being successful

jordy hiwula will be on the left wing

Nick

Administrator
GET INTO THEM EARLY

giphy.gif

fernandopartridge

Not really bothered what the outcome is tbh. Part of me wouldn't mind the council being scrutinised fully in the absence of a local media willing to do it at the time.

Captain Dart

FYI

fernandopartridge

Is Simon Gilbert there? How can he talk extensively about it if he isn't in court other than going over the backstory for the millionth time?

Captain Dart

upload_2018-10-12_10-17-32.png
The judgement.

skybluetony176

I’m guessing the statement on the clubs website yesterday means that they’re going to take an appeal up with the Supreme Court now.

Captain Dart

duffer

Sounds like it's all over, but I reckon SISU might still fancy their chances of taking it to penalties...

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I wonder what the 'consequential submissions' under consideration are. Would SISU be likely to have lodged a request to appeal in advance? It also says 'parties' suggesting it may be both sides making submissions.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I would assume that the parties had a good idea as to the result considering no one attended...... perhaps why there was a statement yesterday?

Having gone the JR route will SISU now challenge on a civil action against Wasps, CCC and others to keep the pressure on?

fernandopartridge

Probably time to draw a line under it and see how they can negotiate with Wasps, try to get a deal that benefits CCFC and not Wasps, perhaps continuing the current arrangement for a few years would suffice knowing what's coming for Wasps in 2022.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
CCFC have nowhere to go fp how are they going to negotiate a deal in their favour and not in Wasps? I would think Wasps will now look for a more "commercial" deal, particularly looking forward to refinancing in 2022.

If SISU & SBS&L & Otium continue court actions then i cant see anything favourable to CCFC resulting

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I would assume that the parties had a good idea as to the result considering no one attended...... perhaps why there was a statement yesterday?

Having gone the JR route will SISU now challenge on a civil action against Wasps, CCC and others to keep the pressure on?

If they do then id have serious doubts about us playing at the Ricoh next season.

Captain Dart

Captain Dart

10:51
Coventry City Council statement
We have now received joint statements from Councillor George Duggins, leader of Coventry City Council, and Councillor Gary Ridley, leader of the Opposition Conservative Party.

They say: “We are delighted with today’s judgement which once again justifies why we have robustly defended all claims brought by Sisu-related companies over recent years.

“Sisu has continually sought to re-open decisions taken by the council more than four years ago on 7 October 2014. We have always remained steadfast in our belief that those decisions were appropriate, lawful and in the best interests of Coventry tax payers.

“We hope that this will be the last stage of the litigation and that Sisu will accept this as the end of all legal action so that further unnecessary costs are avoided for all parties involved.”

10:22
Communication in due course
Lord Justice McCombe said “consequential submissions” were under consideration and that the decisions will be communicated to the parties in due course.

Live: Judgement made in Court of Appeal on Ricoh Arena row

fernandopartridge

CCFC have nowhere to go fp how are they going to negotiate a deal in their favour and not in Wasps? I would think Wasps will now look for a more "commercial" deal, particularly looking forward to refinancing in 2022.

If SISU & SBS&L & Otium continue court actions then i cant see anything favourable to CCFC resulting

I should have qualified it with as much as possible in their favour, which is why I mentioned the current deal as a starting point.

Users who are viewing this thread