Match Day Experience (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Is there anyone who wants an e-programme? Just seems like a gimmick to me.

When people buy cars or look at houses etc how many want physical copies? Most people now read everything on a screen. Who uses anything other than e sign for documents now?

oakey

When people buy cars or look at houses etc how many want physical copies? Most people now read everything on a screen. Who uses anything other than e sign for documents now?
Lots of people. Sales of real books remain very high. Magazines and newspapers still sell millions. Most people is a sweeping statement and is not everyone

Grendel

Lots of people. Sales of real books remain very high. Magazines and newspapers still sell millions. Most people is a sweeping statement and is not everyone

Books yes but downloads of brochures far outweigh hard print copy now

play_in_skyblue_stripes

More frequent trains from coventry stations to the ground.

Sort the queues out at bars. If you head down at half time , youre lucky if you get served by the time the 2nd half kicks off. I mentioned on another thread that tranmere had bottle only bars (cashless) and there was no queue at all.

With the referral to Tranmere, I would just like to state again how brilliant the Tranmere experience was on 1-1-2020. The tent marquee next to stadium was fantastic and atmosphere/ general feeling with supporters of both clubs mixed and enjoying themselves together was terrific. I know that marquee idea is harder to implement and problematic / somewhat unrealistic for a much bigger club such as Coventry compared to Tranmere.

Worth investigating though clubs such as Tranmere and dare I also say our fellow 2000/01 relegation rivals Manchester City, on how to make going to a game a pleasurable experience. It's not 'rocket science' as the overused phrase goes.

Sky_Blue_Daz

What about the club buying the land on rowleys green where that club was . Develop a few outside 5aside pitches and club for match day
Forums could arrange matches

pusbccfc

Fans turning up is the biggest thing.

Loads of mentions of a lack of atmosphere and the ground feeling quiet on a midweek. All that is solve by having a good crowd. The Ricoh return game last time was brilliant. No frills, no fan zone, stupid queues for a pint. Not even a club shop. But, it was buzzing, people were up for it and the noise was fantastic.

There have been mid-week cup games where it has also been buzzing even with crowds of 12,000. Wycombe and Preston were great. Leeds many years back was good.

General things though: A shuttle train service would be great. I am no train expert, but surely between the hours or 1 and 3 and then 5 and 6, you could run a back and forth service to the Ricoh from Cov? It is a 5 minute journey and could be ran frequently. Trains from Nuneaton could terminate at the station between those hours and general public passengers could just change for the final stop? I honestly think CCFC, Wasps and the Ricoh as an events stadium having a station would be a game changer. I know most people going to an event/gig at the NEC would get the train so they can have a drink. Who wants to get on a bus? Brighton is the best example of this running well. Drink in the city until half 2 and jump on the train and be in the stadium within 15 minutes.

shmmeee

Im digital everything. Books, music, films, games.

I’d never buy a digital program. It’s just not the same. It’s part of the match day experience. From deciding who’s turn it is to buy it, to the bloke behind the little stand, to reading it in your seat before the game. So it’s a no from me.

I was eleven in 87

Or build a Sky Blue Tavern

I was thinking something very similar yesterday. It would be great if the club could buy the buildings that housed Chiquito or whatever it’s called and turn the whole building into a pub.
Link up with a brewery chain that does food as well so that it will be used by customers 7 days a week bringing more revenue for the club.

Gregbant

I was thinking something very similar yesterday. It would be great if the club could buy the buildings that housed Chiquito or whatever it’s called and turn the whole building into a pub.
Link up with a brewery chain that does food as well so that it will be used by customers 7 days a week bringing more revenue for the club.

It would be like writing money, if fans knew cov owned it. It could have all sky blue related food, drinks and deals

BornSlippySkyBlue

This may sound a bit random but is match day programmes still a thing? Would it not be better for members and season ticket holders to pay a nominal subscription to get an e programme on the morning of the match?
I always get one for my son (and I quite enjoy reading them too) who keeps them in a drawer. Am hoping this seasons will be worth 50p to Jim Brown’s great great grandkids one day due to, presumably, their low numbers. I think our program is pretty good tbf and being the club that pioneered colour programs it would seem a shame to be the club that ended them too.

mark82

Atmosphere, although Im going to be there anyway

Unfortunately I think atmosphere is something that will depend on other factors. We need more people through the gates to generate atmosphere

Not a fan of artificial atmosphere, but is there anything that could be done to improve atmosphere on the assumption our max crowd will likely be around 20k, and more realistically around 17k on a regular basis (so roughly half full)?

Terry Gibson's perm

It is a fresh start at the ground so why would we want to drag all the old people back get some fresh faces in there.

Grendel

Did billy bell play for Coventry

Terry Gibson's perm

If the stands have no sponsors how about our former players on our match days they can do what they want on their days.

The Max Biamou stand for Grendel😉

Users who are viewing this thread