Martin Cranie (1 Viewer)

stay_up_skyblues

Thought he did well. Left for dead in a foot race with Traore first half but most would. He would be an adequate player to fill in for 10-15 games over the season when injuries hit.

slowpoke

Got to get him, probably good enough to go straight in to the team but as a sub covers the whole back line and can play in front of defence too. Still a good player loads of experience his experience at the back and Waghornes at the front end will be invaluable.

capel & collindridge

How can you manage to spell his name right but get "Cranie" wrong??
Easily remedied. Just replace the q with an o in how your predictive text tells you you want to spell Souare's name and make sure you always stick to n in Cranie's. Otherwise you might end up with a very craftie, crabbie or crazie cabbie who might just decide to accept King Grendel's shilling and leave us without our manager.

Terry_dactyl

First team trialists very rarely work out. I guess if you've got enough questions not to immediately sign them they'd really have to shine to earn a contract.
I remember reading, possibly on here, that the reason trialists rarely work out is generally they have to be viewed as considerably better than players already in the squad. IIRC this was due to moral - younger/squad players feeling they’ve got a chance at the 1st team etc.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Really struggling to see why we are going for Cranie. As highlighted many times before, Hyam, Rose, McFadzean and now Cranie, move slower than a 1980s BBC abuse investigation. I’ve seen one FB poster say that Cranie is slow but McFadzean/Rose can cover in a back 3 for the lack of pace?! That’s like trying to put out a forest fire with a water pistol.

We need pace across the team but especially in defence. Last season whilst Ostigard wasn’t the quickest in the world, he read the and anticipated the game to cover for Rose/Hyam/McFadzean who were regularly caught out and didn’t have the pace to recover. We are crying out for pace in defence.

slowpoke

Really struggling to see why we are going for Cranie. As highlighted many times before, Hyam, Rose, McFadzean and now Cranie, move slower than a 1980s BBC abuse investigation. I’ve seen one FB poster say that Cranie is slow but McFadzean/Rose can cover in a back 3 for the lack of pace?! That’s like trying to put out a forest fire with a water pistol.

We need pace across the team but especially in defence. Last season whilst Ostigard wasn’t the quickest in the world, he read the and anticipated the game to cover for Rose/Hyam/McFadzean who were regularly caught out and didn’t have the pace to recover. We are crying out for pace in defence.
What do you call pace though sometimes speed of mind outwits speed of foot, I watched the whole game last night on YouTube and Cranie out thought their strike force almost all the time reading the situations and didn’t get into one on one sprints which most forwards would win. Cranie played over 30 games for Luton last season in what was a mean defence.

COV

What do you call pace though sometimes speed of mind outwits speed of foot, I watched the whole game last night on YouTube and Cranie out thought their strike force almost all the time reading the situations and didn’t get into one on one sprints which most forwards would win. Cranie played over 30 games for Luton last season in what was a mean defence.

And don’t forget Luton wanted to keep him. Don’t know if he’d have been a starter for them though tbh

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I don’t know if you get your facts from Youtube too but last season Cranie played 23 league games (including 3 sub appearances and being subbed off 5 times) which is 50% of the 46 league games in the league.

I get your point on mind and pace but I think it’s only Ostigaard that can stand up and say that applies to me. Last season McFadzean, Hyam and Rose took turns to make howlers and regularly got caught out. If we can’t get Osti back, we need pace at centre back or it will be worse this season defensively.

How many centre halves are really blessed with pace though? Only centre half I’ve seen play for us in recent years and think ‘Yeah he’s quite quick’ is Jordan Willis

Frostie

I don’t know if you get your facts from Youtube too but last season Cranie played 23 league games (including 3 sub appearances and being subbed off 5 times) which is 50% of the 46 league games in the league.

I get your point on mind and pace but I think it’s only Ostigaard that can stand up and say that applies to me. Last season McFadzean, Hyam and Rose took turns to make howlers and regularly got caught out. If we can’t get Osti back, we need pace at centre back or it will be worse this season defensively.

Østigård made his own share of howlers too, these are just overlooked now because he scored 2 goals & kicked some corner flags.

slowpoke

But we are a continual work in progress and in an ideal situation would replace our back line with faster quicker and better players but we haven’t got the financial clout to do it certainly not all in one go, so it is bit by bit and Martin Cranie gives us a little time to get one in now and perhaps another next window or next summer.

SlowerThanPlatt

But we are a continual work in progress and in an ideal situation would replace our back line with faster quicker and better players but we haven’t got the financial clout to do it certainly not all in one go, so it is bit by bit and Martin Cranie gives us a little time to get one in now and perhaps another next window or next summer.

You said Ostigard is coming here?

Ccfcisparks

Ostigaard hardly had pace did he?

Users who are viewing this thread