Match Thread Mansfield Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Grendel

That's not true. Biamou played when both Walker and Gyokores were fit and available. Robins still picked him. Both of these players were on the bench when Biamou was on the pitch.

He signed gyorkes for a seven figure fee and did not offer biamou a new deal

Irish Sky Blue

We weren’t exactly flush with attacking options and we got rid at the end of the season so Robins agrees that he’s not up to it
The getting rid at the end of the season really doesn't explain why with a choice of Biamou, Walker Gyokores and sometimes Godden during a large chunk of last season, Robins often chose Max over the others, particularly in the lone strikers role. You state above that he was basically useless in every aspect of a striker's play and yet Robins often picked him above the other forwards we had and frequently praised him on his after match interview as did Oggy in his role as a pundit.
Why would his manager and a respected ex player hold such different opinions to you ?

mmttww

Checked the thread; just another page of dickheads doing what dickheads do. Use f*cking DMs for f*ck sake. If you think anyone's reading this sh*te and being blown away by your intelligence, you need help. If that's not why you're doing it, you need help.

Brighton Sky Blue

That's not true. Biamou played when both Walker and Gyokores were fit and available. Robins still picked him. Both of these players were on the bench when Biamou was on the pitch.

They were fit enough to be on the bench but not necessarily to start, for well publicised reasons. Oh and they're both still here whereas Max remains without a club

Irish Sky Blue

I don’t think people realise how unfit Walker and Györkeres were last season.
A bit of revision of history going on in order to fit people's pre ordained views it seems.

Gyokores may not have played regularly for Swansea but he would have been training. Presumably he had his pre-season at either Brighton, Swansea or both. I don't remember hearing that he had any spells out injured.

Walker did have Covid and picked up one or two injuries that undoubtedly affected his season. However he was being played during the latter part of the season, often from the bench. This would indicate that he did have a level of match fitness. What has been apparent in the three friendly matches is that he is still struggling to make his mark as a lone striker when presumably he is approaching full match fitness.

What can't be disputed is that Biamou himself was definitely playing with a knee injury which I think was going to require surgery to correct.

I think that Gyokores and hopefully Walker will both go on to have a great season. Looking at their performances so far, I don't think that will be as a lone striker.

Brighton Sky Blue

A bit of revision of history going on in order to fit people's pre ordained views it seems.

Gyokores may not have played regularly for Swansea but he would have been training. Presumably he had his pre-season at either Brighton, Swansea or both. I don't remember hearing that he had any spells out injured.

Walker did have Covid and picked up one or two injuries that undoubtedly affected his season. However he was being played during the latter part of the season, often from the bench. This would indicate that he did have a level of match fitness. What has been apparent in the three friendly matches is that he is still struggling to make his mark as a lone striker when presumably he is approaching full match fitness.

What can't be disputed is that Biamou himself was definitely playing with a knee injury which I think was going to require surgery to correct.

I think that Gyokores and hopefully Walker will both go on to have a great season. Looking at their performances so far, I don't think that will be as a lone striker.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here-nobody has said that either of them should play on their own up front?

Irish Sky Blue

They were fit enough to be on the bench but not necessarily to start, for well publicised reasons. Oh and they're both still here whereas Max remains without a club
We've already been over the fact that they were fit to play and were fit enough to start, as on occasions they did. The fact they are here and Max isn't is a smokescreen trying to obscure the fact that Robins consistently picked someone who a group of 'experts' on here like to deride.
I'll leave it there as we are going around in circles.

Irish Sky Blue

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here-nobody has said that either of them should play on their own up front?
The point I made that caused this latest Max debate was that he proved himself to be more successful in the lone striker's role than either Walker or Gyokores.
That statement has brought out the usual 'Biamou was crap' comments.
I'll leave it there.

COV

The point I made that caused this latest Max debate was that he proved himself to be more successful in the lone striker's role than either Walker or Gyokores.
That statement has brought out the usual 'Biamou was crap' comments.
I'll leave it there.

You are right- he was the best in that role last season. I don’t quite get the ridicule Biamou receives, he did well for us and now we’ve moved on.

Frostie

We've already been over the fact that they were fit to play and were fit enough to start, as on occasions they did. The fact they are here and Max isn't is a smokescreen trying to obscure the fact that Robins consistently picked someone who a group of 'experts' on here like to deride.
I'll leave it there as we are going around in

Robins addressed this at the time, saying he wanted to keep playing Walker but had to take him out & put Biamou back in as both Walker & Gyok were struggling with fitness.

Grendel

Still missing the crucial part of the discussion.
Why did he regularly choose Biamou over the others?

They weren’t considered fit enough for 90 minutes

CDK

Max has gone He's outta here ,Move on.Walker has to play with a partner he can't do a lone striker role.gyo and waghorn to feature a lot this coming season I think.can see the energy of the team being driven by O'Hare and bright yes that's in the same team.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He signed gyorkes for a seven figure fee and did not offer biamou a new deal

While I agree with your overall point haven't you elsewhere been saying it's going to be nowhere near that figure, paid in installments and based heavily on add-ons. Yet now when it suits you you call it a seven-figure sum. At least be consistent.

shmmeee

Bi al accounts he's quite abel

giphy.gif

procdoc

Checked the thread; just another page of dickheads doing what dickheads do. Use f*cking DMs for f*ck sake. If you think anyone's reading this sh*te and being blown away by your intelligence, you need help. If that's not why you're doing it, you need help.
It’s a forum you fucking melt

Reactions: COV

procdoc

When people start kicking off about something totally random its annoying, the rest of it- all opinions are just as valid, don't see the issue :)
When I throw a few insults into my posts it’s nothing personal, just my way of expressing myself haha

Users who are viewing this thread