Match Thread Mansfield Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Northeast sky blue

People getting upset about preseason results is honestly the most annoying thing in football.
I don't know about getting upset, I think some fans are getting frustrated at the lack of defensive additions, I know there's still 6 weeks until the window closes and there's still time

shmmeee

giphy.gif

fatso

I'm sure it's just MR trying to manage people's expectations, all of a sudden a point at home against Forrest, is looking like a success.

fernandopartridge

I'm sure it's just MR trying to manage people's expectations, all of a sudden a point at home against Forrest, is looking like a success.
Pre season results are entirely irrelevant. I don't think we've played a game where the first choice 11 have played together at any point.

Londonccfcfan

Have we ever had a pre season where we lost every game?

It will come together vs Wolves....just watch! I reckon we will pretty much have our squad for Forest available in that match.

Tonight was very worthwhile altogether not that concerned about pre season.

Sky Blue Harry H

Highlight of the night ... currently at KFC Leicester Forest East services 👍

Years since I've been forced to go there - only used to like something called a Zinger (or some such!) Used to serve weird drinks like Smartie crush. Never felt like I wanted to sit down in case I caught anything (and that was before Cov-id 🤣)

rob9872

Any rays of hope rob?

(from the game, not the chicken)
Some positives. We kept another clean sheet in attack, Jodi didn't get injured and the chicken was good.

All seriousness not too bad considering their first team v our reserves at best and some valuable minutes in legs and some hope from the kids. No shots on target and a few shaky moments at the back is of course concerning whatever the standard, but I'm not worried yet.

Irish Sky Blue

Some positives. We kept another clean sheet in attack, Jodi didn't get injured and the chicken was good.

All seriousness not too bad considering their first team v our reserves at best and some valuable minutes in legs and some hope from the kids. No shots on target and a few shaky moments at the back is of course concerning whatever the standard, but I'm not worried yet.
Walker shot on target first half?

Good run out for some of the younger lads! Howley looks a player, Reid also looked good

Bright very sharp when he came on

Walker looked very poor though, no way he should be playing up top on his own at any point this season

Skyblue_CP

Let's be honest about today. The Mansfield fans are raving about how brilliant they were, how their midfield bossed a championship side, when in reality they don't realise that it was basically an u23s side labelled as the 1st team. The only exceptions being Wilson, Jones (not played for 2 years) Sheaf and Walker that started, and by the end of the game a significantly underfit Bright was the only "1st team" player on the pitch and they couldn't handle him. Put Hamer, O'Hare, Waghorn and co out there and it's a different game.

SlowerThanPlatt

Let's be honest about today. The Mansfield fans are raving about how brilliant they were, how their midfield bossed a championship side, when in reality they don't realise that it was basically an u23s side labelled as the 1st team. The only exceptions being Wilson, Jones (not played for 2 years) Sheaf and Walker that started, and by the end of the game a significantly underfit Bright was the only "1st team" player on the pitch and they couldn't handle him. Put Hamer, O'Hare, Waghorn and co out there and it's a different game.

We played them against Cheltenham and lost 2-0

Users who are viewing this thread