Man beheaded in Paris (3 Viewers)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

And your problem with that is?
Dont get me wrong, but where the fuck do we draw the line?
There are countries and cultures where under age kids are lawfully married to older men,
How long before that becomes acceptable?
How long before the legal age of concent is reduced in the uk? There are people campaigning for it now ffs.
Without moral guidance, when will it end.
I think any decent human would have a problem with calling being gay 'shameful'

fatso

I think any decent human would have a problem with calling being gay 'shameful'
Well I can assure you there are millions of decent humans who have issues with it.
But no doubt they themselves will get shouted down and called names and abused by the so called tolerant and anti-hate brigade, it's actualy ironic how hate filled the "tolerant" become when they come across anyone with a differing opinion to theirs.

In today's society it would appear you can have any opinion you want, as long as it conforms to the leftist agenda. Any other and you immediately become, racist, bigoted or homophobic etc etc.

Antisemitism is ok though aparently.
It sure is a bizarre world.

Skybluefaz

More nonsense to try and stifle the ugly truth about the religion.
I've repeatedly said moderates and hardline... So this response is of no use to the discussion

I repeat Islam is the most intolerant and dangerous of all the religions today... Stats say I'm correct... That's not debatable is it.

And if it is, you are just willfully ignoring what's happening around the world.

We're going round in circles with absolutely zero counter arguments... Just the odd bit of name calling and cliche responses

If you like I can just tow the line and say its a wonderful religion, the majority think homosexuality is fine and apostacy punishment isn't a problem, that FGM isn't a problem and that women and children aren't under the total dominance of men at all.... Then I will... Just for you lot.. Sound fair

I really don't want to participate in this debate any longer...
For what its worth. I hear where your coming from. Is there any easy answer? No. Without some minority report style tech you can't predict which nutters are going to turn to terrorism in the name of Islam.

Sky Blue Pete

More nonsense to try and stifle the ugly truth about the religion.
I've repeatedly said moderates and hardline... So this response is of no use to the discussion

I repeat Islam is the most intolerant and dangerous of all the religions today... Stats say I'm correct... That's not debatable is it.

And if it is, you are just willfully ignoring what's happening around the world.

We're going round in circles with absolutely zero counter arguments... Just the odd bit of name calling and cliche responses

If you like I can just tow the line and say its a wonderful religion, the majority think homosexuality is fine and apostacy punishment isn't a problem, that FGM isn't a problem and that women and children aren't under the total dominance of men at all.... Then I will... Just for you lot.. Sound fair

I really don't want to participate in this debate any longer...
You’re not listening. The issue is saying all Muslims are intolerant and liable to terrorism. There are obvious issues in Muslim countries, not least with Sunni and Shia civil wars. There are obvious issues with literal understandings of ancient texts. Not one person on here doesn’t acknowledge the clear issue that there is

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Well I can assure you there are millions of decent humans who have issues with it.
But no doubt they themselves will get shouted down and called names and abused by the so called tolerant and anti-hate brigade, it's actualy ironic how hate filled the "tolerant" become when they come across anyone with a differing opinion to theirs.
Name calling isn't the way forward. Trying to educate people is probably the best method. The issue is, many people with these views don't want to be educated, so it's a complex situation. How do you get through to people who don't want to be got through to? Being called racist or homophobic isn't name calling, it's a statement of fact. Ironically, no one is born homophobic, it's a learned or chosen trait through experience and influence of key figures. Being gay isn't a choice. I personally wouldn't classify anyone who judges someone as shameful for something they don't have a choice in, decent.

fatso

I think you'll find they dont want to be educated in your beliefs, probably in much the same way as you have no desire to be educated in theirs.

But it's interesting that you appear to believe that they are uneducated, or have a NEED to be educated, it's the thought that your way (not you personally ) is the correct way and others are automatically wrong that is a problem. Surely others are entitled to their beliefs, even if you both disagree.

As a side note, its also interesting that the biggest religion that opposes homosexuality is currently the fastest growing religion in the world.
And should Muslims, Jews and Christian's come together and agree there is more that unites them than divides them, then the future world could be much different.
And we are seeing the start of this now in the middle east.

Never thought we'd see this on a footy forum.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I think you'll find they dont want to be educated in your beliefs, probably in much the same way as you have no desire to be educated in theirs.

But it's interesting that you appear to believe that they are uneducated, or have a NEED to be educated, it's the thought that your way (not you personally ) is the correct way and others are automatically wrong that is a problem. Surely others are entitled to their beliefs, even if you both disagree.

As a side note, its also interesting that the biggest religion that opposes homosexuality is currently the fastest growing religion in the world.
And should Muslims, Jews and Christian's come together and agree there is more that unites them than divides them, then the future world could be much different.
Yes. They are uneducated. There is no scientific evidence or otherwise suggesting being straight is less or more shameful than being gay, or that being black is lesser than being white and vice versa. It's based on hatred, anxiety and lack of understanding. To insist otherwise is absolutely insane and shows just how far we still have to go. Society will never progress and we will fall into the same rabbit holes until the minority catch up with civilized society and learn that humans regardless of sexual orientation, race, skin colour etc are all equal.

Sky Blue Pete

When did it become, not just tolerated, but actively and openly encouraged for a man to put his tongue, fist, cock, up another man's arse?
There are countries and cultures where under age kids are lawfully married to older men,
How long before the legal age of concent is reduced in the uk? There are people campaigning for it now ffs.
There probably aren’t moral absolutes I agree. As a Christian the commandments are great as is most of Jesus teaching but literal reading of a lot of the bible would be very very dangerous

Gods people understanding god wanted them to destroy men women children and livestock when winning battles being one. I personally don’t believe God told them to do that I think that was gods peoples interpretation of god at the time

Evos point is that is fundamentally evil and violent and he’s wrong. It’s no more evil or violent than many previous atheistic or religious regimes that use power to suppress and rules and laws to dehumanise

fatso

Im not talking about race or colour, I'm talking specifically about homosexuality.
I agree 100% about the acceptance of race or colour, and even religion and politics. It's what separates us that gives us diversity.

In terms of homosexuality the issue becomes somewhat confused, many religions class it as wrong, some countries outlaw it.
although scientists say it's a natural urge not a choice, the same is said of paedophiles in courts of law.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Im not talking about race or colour, I'm talking specifically about homosexuality.
I agree 100% about the acceptance of race or colour, and even religion and politics. It's what separates us that gives us diversity.

In terms of homosexuality the issue becomes somewhat confused, many religions class it as wrong, some countries outlaw it.
although scientists say it's a natural urge not a choice, the same is said of paedophiles in courts of law.
Homosexuality is between two consenting adults, paedophilia is abusing a child. Not really sure how they have been brought up in the same conversation to be honest.

Sky Blue Pete

Homosexuality is between two consenting adults, paedophilia is abusing a child. Not really sure how they have been brought up in the same conversation to be honest.
Think it was both being natural urges. Consenting adults is a good explanation

This is what people fear isn’t it? Moral relativism. Without moral absolutes who decides what’s morally ok or not? It’s not been resolved till now and will only get more challenging I’m sure

fatso

It's because the paedophiles claim they cant help the urge, that they are born to be attracted to young kids and it's not a choice they consciously make. Necrophiliacs say the same.
So my point is, just because they cant help being that way, it doesnt automatically mean that their practices should be tolerated.
The fact that two (or more) homosexuals are consenting doesnt mean its universally ok.
If they are not causing anyone harm I personally haven't got an issue, but religious leaders and followers of many denominations do have issues as sin is sin, even when it's not witnessed. Hence the animosity in religious teachings.
The wests tolerance of homosexuality and drugs are two of the issues the Muslim fundamentalists use to radicalise their youth against us, they use the teachings of the Koran as proof, and even claim the west is godless as we even defy our own Bible.

Evo1883

When did it become, not just tolerated, but actively and openly encouraged for a man to put his tongue, fist, cock, up another man's arse?

Well I'm all for people thinking what they want, but I'm not entirely sure that's in line with modern values, whether you agree or not... I wouldn't crucify you for your opinion... Because its yours.. I don't agree with it

Evo1883

Spent 3 months in a hole with a gay sergeant in afghan and 2 other lads, after the shite we had to put up with I hope he went home and rattled his fellas back doors in 🤷 excuse my humour 😂
giphy.gif

SBT

Man, @Evo1883 is going to be so angry when he finds out a religious extremist has been peddling illiberal homophobia on this very thread

fatso

Well I'm all for people thinking what they want, but I'm not entirely sure that's in line with modern values, whether you agree or not... I wouldn't crucify you for your opinion... Because its yours.. I don't agree with it
That's fair enough, your quite entitled to disagree. I wont behead you for it 👍

NorthernWisdom

Spent 3 months in a hole with a gay sergeant in afghan
:oops:
Who knew this thread'd take a turn where we all pile on with the likes to your posts ;)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

For what its worth. I hear where your coming from. Is there any easy answer? No. Without some minority report style tech you can't predict which nutters are going to turn to terrorism in the name of Islam.

That's a great film. Had completely forgotten about it. Might smoke a doobie and watch that tonight.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Never thought we'd see this on a footy forum.

I have an issue with the highlighted statement.

We've lived through a long time where church teachings (many of which have similar origins to Islamic teachings) were taken as read and in our society we've looked at those and said "why?" and that question comes back with totally unsatisfactory answers. We try to understand the reasoning of those beliefs but nothing other than bigotry and attempts of those in power to enforce their will on people provides an explanation.

On the other hand, when you attempt to debate or explain these reasons to hardline religious people (esp Muslims) there is a total refusal to listen because the word of God is all they need to know and anything you say is worthless as you're just a person (even though you try and explain the word of God itself is just things written down by people as well, often with a clear selfish potential reasons for it).

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Think it was both being natural urges. Consenting adults is a good explanation

This is what people fear isn’t it? Moral relativism. Without moral absolutes who decides what’s morally ok or not? It’s not been resolved till now and will only get more challenging I’m sure

Yep. According to that you could interpret it as raping a woman is perfectly acceptable as that would be a 'natural urge'. Meanwhile two men or women consentingly having sex with each other is an abomination.

shmmeee

What’s the moral difference between me eating my missus’ ass and some dudes? Ass is ass my man.

Also I doubt there’s a single country on Earth where the AoC has been lowered rather than raised in recent history. The most you’ve had is people saying 14-16 should be allowed to fuck each other. And as long as they’re safe why not? I was fucking a 15 year old at 16, should I have gone to prison?

fatso

Dudes arses tend to be smaller, spotty, and slightly more hairy than your Mrs, (So I hear 😜)
If you want to know what the moral issue is, go ask your Mrs, I’d be interested in her response! I’m sure she won’t say ass is ass!

The Age of convent for homosexuals was reduced as recently as 2003
There are people actively seeking to reduce it further. I’ve no idea why, and I doubt if they will succeed.

Should you of gone to prison? Maybe her dad would be better qualified to answer that!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

What’s the moral difference between me eating my missus’ ass and some dudes? Ass is ass my man.

Also I doubt there’s a single country on Earth where the AoC has been lowered rather than raised in recent history. The most you’ve had is people saying 14-16 should be allowed to fuck each other. And as long as they’re safe why not? I was fucking a 15 year old at 16, should I have gone to prison?

Technically you were committing an offence as your were of legal age and they weren't, which is statutory rape. Had you been 15 as well no issue.

It's far more nuanced than the law can make it out to be with arbitrary ages. For example a 14yo genius could be having sex with a rather stupid, naive 30yo and be the person with control in that relationship. In the eyes of the law the 30yo is the one committing the offence even though they're the ones being exploited.

Of course I understand and back the rules as most kids don't have the emotional maturity even if they're physically mature, but I could argue I knew plenty of people in my 20's and 30's who I'd argue didn't have the emotional maturity to have a sexual relationship.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Technically you were committing an offence as your were of legal age and they weren't, which is statutory rape. Had you been 15 as well no issue.

It's far more nuanced than the law can make it out to be with arbitrary ages. For example a 14yo genius could be having sex with a rather stupid, naive 30yo and be the person with control in that relationship. In the eyes of the law the 30yo is the one committing the offence even though their the ones being exploited.

Of course I understand and back the rules as most kids don't have the emotional maturity even if they're physically mature, but I could argue I knew plenty of people in my 20's and 30's who I'd argue didn't have the emotional maturity to have a sexual relationship.

Oh I know I was breaking the law. Her family fell out with me once and used it as a threat, my question was what’s wrong with it?

Given a free rein I think I’d institute the “half your age plus 7” AoC rule until the younger person is 21.

shmmeee

Dudes arses tend to be smaller, spotty, and slightly more hairy than your Mrs, (So I hear 😜)
If you want to know what the moral issue is, go ask your Mrs, I’d be interested in her response! I’m sure she won’t say ass is ass!

The Age of convent for homosexuals was reduced as recently as 2003
There are people actively seeking to reduce it further. I’ve no idea why, and I doubt if they will succeed.

Should you of gone to prison? Maybe her dad would be better qualified to answer that!

Her dad was dead.

AoC for homosexual sex was normalised to be the same as heterosexual sex. The overall AoC wasn’t lowered.

The stereotypes tell me gay men work quite hard to keep their ass small and hair/spot free. I assume I’m OK to eat metrosexual ass? But not radical feminist ass?

I don’t get the issue. The ass isn’t a sex organ. Women’s asses are functionally identical to men’s asses.

What’s your stance on pegging?

fatso

Her dad was dead.

AoC for homosexual sex was normalised to be the same as heterosexual sex. The overall AoC wasn’t lowered.

The stereotypes tell me gay men work quite hard to keep their ass small and hair/spot free. I assume I’m OK to eat metrosexual ass? But not radical feminist ass?

I don’t get the issue. The ass isn’t a sex organ. Women’s asses are functionally identical to men’s asses.

What’s your stance on pegging?
Give me half an hour and I’ll get back to you!

Users who are viewing this thread