Maidstone Tickets (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

I’m talking about attendances pre all seater stadium days, Ipswich’s record attendance is 38000+

A good portion of Suffolk would probably see Norwich as their local team. We have the entirety of Warwickshire where we’re the closest big team, as well as being a large city on top of that. We’re surrounded by decent sized towns that are literally 10 minute drive away, although I concede we have to contend with numerous big clubs for support (Leicester, Brum, Villa etc.,)

Ipswich is isolated away from Suffolks largest towns (Lowestoft the largest being more local to Norwich), and is far for most away support too, whereas we benefit from being in the middle of the country and easy to travel to.
Being honest Ipswich, Norwich and Brighton are teams for their whole counties in a way that few others are.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Said before, was surprised we have a better average gate than WBA this season. Does that make us a bigger club? There was a question on who was the biggest Midlands club in order Villa, Wolves, WBA, Blues and us. Appears we are third and rising. MR has got it spot on. Incremental improvements in team performance and I feel it will be reflected in our gates. Already we are moving in the right direction and it will be interesting to see where our ceiling is. If we get promoted, I suspect we will sell out a lot of fixtures in the Prem.
I saw one on Facebook. Most people put us fourth, way ahead of Blues and just behind WBA.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Being honest Ipswich, Norwich and Brighton are teams for their whole counties in a way that few others are.
How good is public transport to and from Brughtons ground ? I remember the cup game and thousands at the train station after. Looked like they had a good system going there.

NWS

How good is public transport to and from Brughtons ground ? I remember the cup game and thousands at the train station after. Looked like they had a good system going there.
There is also a good free bus system where you can park at places like the racecourse and hop on the bus. It's well run

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Anyone think Maidstone are going to get hammered by more than 1 goal ?

Otis

I suspect you’re right.
Yup.

I did say 2-0 and us going into some degree of cruise control, but now I think we will have to really go for a quality performance and have to go for the throat, otherwise fans will be on the players' backs.

We have to get that performance last night out of our system.

It will definitely be a different approach from us now for sure. It's now not just about winning, but also righting a few wrongs and putting in a very good, professional effort.

I don't think fans will accept anything less.

Not NWS

Although don’t be surprised if George doesn’t have a surprise or two to deal with on the night.

He is very tactically astute, and will come a with a game plan that won’t necessarily be the same as Ipswich.

skybluericoh

Although don’t be surprised if George doesn’t have a surprise or two to deal with on the night.

He is very tactically astute, and will come a with a game plan that won’t necessarily be the same as Ipswich.
Judging by last night attack down the right wing. My guess is MR & AV will be cutting a few new backsides in a few players. Monday will either be very embarrassing for us or Maidstone will be blown away. Don’t think there will be any middle ground.

Otis

Judging by last night attack down the right wing. My guess is MR & AV will be cutting a few new backsides in a few players. Monday will either be very embarrassing for us or Maidstone will be blown away. Don’t think there will be any middle ground.
I don't think it will be very embarrassing. I think it will be the ultimate embarrassment.

shmmeee

hyperbole but season defining. Play like we have the last few and Maidstone will rightly win because they want it more. Hopefully the players are hurting after last night like we are and come out the blocks on Monday.

edgy

As any well drilled team will now know, if you press high and hard in the first 10 mins, you'll have a good chance of taking the lead.

It doesn't even take a technically good team to do it. As Preston proved last night.

If you've got some good energy and engines upfront and midfield, you'll cause us issues.

hamertime

As any well drilled team will now know, if you press high and hard in the first 10 mins, you'll have a good chance of taking the lead.

It doesn't even take a technically good team to do it. As Preston proved last night.

If you've got some good energy and engines upfront and midfield, you'll cause us issues.
Teams have found us out, all they need to do is be physical. We haven’t the players to combat it. It’s problem.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Does anyone know how ticket sales are looking ?

pusbccfc

Not NWS

You could have got 60-1 on Maidstone beating Ipswich with Sam Corne scoring.

Im not a gambler, but might have to visit a betting shop before boarding my coach.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

hyperbole but season defining. Play like we have the last few and Maidstone will rightly win because they want it more. Hopefully the players are hurting after last night like we are and come out the blocks on Monday.
How can you say 'play like the last few' and Maidstone will win? Friday night's game - maybe, but prior to that? Stoke away, Millwall at home, Plymouth away - all those performances beat Maidstone at home. If we struggle, it will be due to the absence of key players (through being rested, or the obvious injuries) Either way, we should still win.

pusbccfc

How can you say 'play like the last few' and Maidstone will win? Friday night's game - maybe, but prior to that? Stoke away, Millwall at home, Plymouth away - all those performances beat Maidstone at home. If we struggle, it will be due to the absence of key players (through being rested, or the obvious injuries) Either way, we should still win.

We were poor in those three games you mentioned. Especially Stoke.

Obviously a completely different side tomorrow.

Otis

You could have got 60-1 on Maidstone beating Ipswich with Sam Corne scoring.

Im not a gambler, but might have to visit a betting shop before boarding my coach.
I think you will get terrible odds on that to be honest, as you have already beaten them.

Be lucky if you got evens.

CV22SBA

Very decent. Pretty much only singles left all the way round to the JSB zone
I’m guessing no POTG for this game as all blocks were open from the start and you still have to have a previous purchase history to buy a ticket online the day before The game.

edgy

I’m guessing no POTG for this game as all blocks were open from the start and you still have to have a previous purchase history to buy a ticket online the day before The game.

They could take all tickets off sale at say 12noon tomorrow, then print the remaining ones off.

Not sure they will do that but wouldn't be ideal if there is no POTG.

They really need to communicate the plan today.

Users who are viewing this thread