Maidstone Tickets (5 Viewers)

robbiethemole

Well, the expected wave of media hype over Maidstone has started in earnest, all over most media and all in favour of them (as expected )

We need to go all in with first teamers and grab a few goals by half-time to knock their undoubted confidence, and show them beating an Ipswich reserves and U21's wasn't the real deal!

4-0 at h/t and change/rest players would be my way of going about things

Brylowes

When did we last average over 30,000 ? I've been watching city since 1975 and even under the best years of Gordon Milne when we finished in the top half we never averaged over 24,000. So you are going back a very long way.
This season's average will be the best for 50 years plus.
Ipswich averaged more than that in league 1 last season .They are an extremely well supported club..
But Ipswich have never achieved a season average of 30,000 + even when winning the league title, FA Cup & Cup Winners Cub.

Incidentally in the 10 year period from 1973 they only finished outside the 1st division top 6 on one occasio, finishing runner up twice, so 10 consecutive years of competing for trophies home and abroad and their best season long average was 26,672 in 1976-77 this despite Portman Road having a capacity of 38,000.

Look I agree Ipswich have decent support, I was just countering your claim that they’re one of the Countries best supported clubs 🤔 like us they’re clearly not.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

But Ipswich have never achieved a season average of 30,000 + even when winning the league title, FA Cup & Cup Winners Cub.

Incidentally in the 10 year period from 1973 they only finished outside the 1st division top 6 on one occasio, finishing runner up twice, so 10 consecutive years of competing for trophies home and abroad and their best season long average was 26,672 in 1976-77 this despite Portman Road having a capacity of 38,000.

Look I agree Ipswich have decent support, I was just countering your claim that they’re one of the Countries best supported clubs 🤔 like us they’re clearly not.
They clearly draw more support than we do. You don't get 26,000 in league 1 unless you are a very well supported club. We can't even fill our stadium even after getting within a whisker of promotion last time round.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

They got more than us . Highfield Road held around 40,000.

Brylowes

They clearly draw more support than we do. You don't get 26,000 in league 1 unless you are a very well supported club. We can't even fill our stadium even after getting within a whisker of promotion last time round.
They got more than us . Highfield Road held around 40,000.
Actually, no you are completely wrong.

So you are now saying that Ipswich are a better supported club than Coventry ?

So are you no longer saying that Ipswich are one of the best supported clubs in the country ?
Which was the springboard for this particular debate.

Some of our fans love nothing more than seizing an opportunity to talk our club down, whilst jumping all over any chance they get to sing our rivals praises, any rival 🤔 curious!!!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Actually, no you are completely wrong.

So you are now saying that Ipswich are a better supported club than Coventry ?

So are you no longer saying that Ipswich are one of the best supported clubs in the country ?
Which was the springboard for this particular debate.

Some of our fans love nothing more than seizing an opportunity to talk our club down, whilst jumping all over any chance they get to sing our rivals praises, any rival 🤔 curious!!!
Ipswich are very well supported, limited only by their ground capacity. They get bigger crowds than we do.
We average around 24k. Our stadium is rarely full to capacity. Those are facts . Our support is substantially better than last season and we are no longer subject to chants relating to our stadium being too big for us.
I've never talked the club down and I don't know why you say I'm taking any chance to sing our rival's praises. I don't consider Ipswich to be a rival as such. I'm actually pointing out that I consider them to be a big club , given their support, particularly on the back of last year's gates. Only the biggest clubs currently in the championship and would surpass that, those being Leeds and Sunderland, and they're big by any standards.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Yeah but that’s all BS we have got shit fans, just ask Alan Dugdales Moustache.
Stop crying and point out where I said that .

Brylowes

Ipswich are very well supported, limited only by their ground capacity. They get bigger crowds than we do.
We average around 24k. Our stadium is rarely full to capacity. Those are facts . Our support is substantially better than last season and we are no longer subject to chants relating to our stadium being too big for us.
I've never talked the club down and I don't know why you say I'm taking any chance to sing our rival's praises. I don't consider Ipswich to be a rival as such. I'm actually pointing out that I consider them to be a big club , given their support, particularly on the back of last year's gates. Only the biggest clubs currently in the championship and would surpass that, those being Leeds and Sunderland, and they're big by any standards.
You claimed they’re one of the best supported clubs in the country, they’re not.

NWS

Well, the expected wave of media hype over Maidstone has started in earnest, all over most media and all in favour of them (as expected )

We need to go all in with first teamers and grab a few goals by half-time to knock their undoubted confidence, and show them beating an Ipswich reserves and U21's wasn't the real deal!

4-0 at h/t and change/rest players would be my way of going about things
Do what you want but us winning at Ipswich was definitely a big deal

Not NWS

Talking of merch. New badge just arrived in the Maidstone club shop for £5.

Although there are some very ropey looking half and half scarves from more dubious sources.

Attachments

• IMG_2244.jpeg
    IMG_2244.jpeg
    496.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2245.jpeg
    IMG_2245.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28

Ashdown

Talking of merch. New badge just arrived in the Maidstone club shop for £5.

Although there are some very ropey looking half and half scarves from more dubious sources.
Enjoy the ride, hope your club spend the financial gains wisely and hope they build your club. Maidstone itself looks like a sizeable place that could support a team at a higher level.
It’s great when your club is on the up, we should know, we’ve seen worse times than most and now we are seemingly going from strength to strength.

fernandopartridge

I’m talking about attendances pre all seater stadium days, Ipswich’s record attendance is 38000+

A good portion of Suffolk would probably see Norwich as their local team. We have the entirety of Warwickshire where we’re the closest big team, as well as being a large city on top of that. We’re surrounded by decent sized towns that are literally 10 minute drive away, although I concede we have to contend with numerous big clubs for support (Leicester, Brum, Villa etc.,)

Ipswich is isolated away from Suffolks largest towns (Lowestoft the largest being more local to Norwich), and is far for most away support too, whereas we benefit from being in the middle of the country and easy to travel to.
We haven't got the entirety of Warwickshire, quite a lot of it is pretty close to Birmingham

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

blunted

Said before, was surprised we have a better average gate than WBA this season. Does that make us a bigger club? There was a question on who was the biggest Midlands club in order Villa, Wolves, WBA, Blues and us. Appears we are third and rising. MR has got it spot on. Incremental improvements in team performance and I feel it will be reflected in our gates. Already we are moving in the right direction and it will be interesting to see where our ceiling is. If we get promoted, I suspect we will sell out a lot of fixtures in the Prem.

Users who are viewing this thread