Maddison out for a few months (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Not surprising really as we are Coventry City after all, every time something positive happens, we get a swift kick in the bollocks and are brought back down to earth

Last edited:

LB87ccfc

Lameries,( played number 10 role at Spurs development squad and in sweden) more than capable filling the void, Tudgay, Swanson JOB can all play in Maddisons position, big miss but Lamieries can easily fill in.

The team is not going to fall apart, the style remains the same, and goals will still flow.

JM a big miss but will be like a top signing once comes back fresh and ready to go again.

Skyblueweeman

Amazing what 12 months can do. This time last year, hardly anyone on here would've been able to pick Maddison out of an identity parade (me included to be fair).

It is a blow but I tend to agree with Grendel on this...we'll get buy. The squad is paper thin but I'm sure TM is working on that as we speak. He said there'd be more chance of bringing in more players once the PL teams started shaping their squads after a couple of games. We're at that point now so those players who could be our type of player might have worked out that they're not part of their parent clubs plans.

PTA

Fucking hell, I have never read such drivel, well apart from your previous comments on this post. Are you watching a different game to the rest of us? To say Maddison his contributions negligible, what utter crap.

You must be a very lonely individual, one that craves attention, because I can see no other reason for you pathetic comments. Maddison has been a joy to watch, makes the team tick and is a natural, gifted player. With him we won three on the trot. Without him, we lost. How is that a stat for you?

I haven't posted on here for ages, but reading your drivel incensed me.

To think I had previously agreed with some of your comments embarrasses me.
He is right though. Even without Maddison we would still be in the same position. I don't know why everyone's shitting themselves over this.

chiefdave

Club twitter: maddison and Willis ruled out for the next few months.

Willis needs surgery. Doesn't really say what either of the injurys are. Not good news for either. Need a win on Monday to stop the doom and gloom merchants going to town.

Johnnythespider

Don't panic, Don't panic. First half of the season is about being in a position to mount a challenge in the second half. By the sound of things we are going to get a fresh Maddison for the second half of the season, most teams won't have played us with him in the side, I think this could work to our benefit in the long run.

no_loyalty

Gutted for Maddison and Willis, I hope Sisu fund a couple of transfers

Jayno

I agree. No need to panic.....Whilst these injuries are unfortunate and we all want a speedy recovery, we do have cover for both players. We also have some excellent midfielders in the 21s who beat Forest yesterday.

Otis

Club twitter: maddison and Willis ruled out for the next few months.

Terrible news and I'm sure we didn't expect 2 key first team players to be out for months only 4 games into the season.

Injuries could really kill us this year. I'm sure TM was looking at strikers to bring in, but now might have to have his plan thwarted and go for replacements for Willis and Maddison instead.

We can cover Maddison at the moment, but what happens if Lameiras or JOB or Murphy then get injured too? Having players injured for months gives a big window for that to happen.

ccfc92

Terrible news and I'm sure we didn't expect 2 key first team players to be out for months only 4 games into the season.

Injuries could really kill us this year. I'm sure TM was looking at strikers to bring in, but now might have to have his plan thwarted and go for replacements for Willis and Maddison instead.

We can cover Maddison at the moment, but what happens if Lameiras or JOB or Murphy then get injured too? Having players injured for months gives a big window for that to happen.

Stop being a drama queen/doom merchant/ glass half empty kind of guy Otis ;) Stop this logical thinking right now! ;)

Otis

Stop being a drama queen/doom merchant/ glass half empty kind of guy Otis ;) Stop this logical thinking right now! ;)

Okay. No problem.

I won't then go on to discuss the probability of us having a mare season of injuries and our being entrenched in the bottom 4 by Christmas.

Should i keep that to myself?

ccfc92

Okay. No problem.

I won't then go on to discuss the probability of us having a mare season of injuries and our being entrenched in the bottom 4 by Christmas.

Should i keep that to myself?

I have no problem with discussing what may or may not happen this season :) though, it appears some do on here.

Grendel

Fucking hell, I have never read such drivel, well apart from your previous comments on this post. Are you watching a different game to the rest of us? To say Maddison his contributions negligible, what utter crap.

You must be a very lonely individual, one that craves attention, because I can see no other reason for you pathetic comments. Maddison has been a joy to watch, makes the team tick and is a natural, gifted player. With him we won three on the trot. Without him, we lost. How is that a stat for you?

I haven't posted on here for ages, but reading your drivel incensed me.

To think I had previously agreed with some of your comments embarrasses me.

I think you'll find most people agree with my take on the situation.

You don't go from promotion condenders in many people's eyes to relegation dead beats the instant one player gets injured.

The two viewpoints are not reconcilable.

Otis

I think Maddison has been a key component of our great little run, but though he is not irreplaceable, i am more concerned with the impact due to the thinness of our squad. Really don't think we can now afford to lose any others who are key players. And we certainly don't want to be reduced to playing kids with the season barely started.

skyblueinBaku

I think Maddison has been a key component of our great little run, but though he is not irreplaceable, i am more concerned with the impact due to the thinness of our squad. Really don't think we can now afford to lose any others who are key players. And we certainly don't want to be reduced to playing kids with the season barely started.

Otis, our squad is so thin that everyone named on the team sheet is a key player!

LJC_CCFC

Phillips in for Willis. A number of candidates can fill JM's shoes. The reason we are doing well this season is not down to one individual, it is the team as a collective and the way we have been set up by TM. More signings/loans to come as well. At least this has allowed many to release their negative build-up.

Limey

How did the injury happen? Unfortunate twist or nasty tackle? (on hols). Gutted for the lad. Youngster may heal quicker than expected....

oxymoron

50/50. took a heavy touch and tried to win it back, off his feet. really unlucky to get such a bad one from a tackle like that.

David O'Day

Rubes in at 10 and Murphy on the wing and we'll easily wing on Monday.

JM is a very promising footballer but if his injury is going to doom us we might as well all go home.

Chipfat

Its a massive blow no matter how you cut it,, yes players will come in as cover but it will change the dynamic of the side.. He is a stand out player that does things that other in the squad are not capable of,, does this mean relegation, doom and definite loses every game, NO... But he is a better player than some give credit for and someone who's ability made the team a very dangerous opponent..

He will be missed and be welcomed back by the vast majority of fans,, delight to watch a very gifted and unusual talent..And that's the key can he be replaced YES,, can he be replicated in the squad for me NO.. Lets see how we go ,, i can see us still winning games and creating chances, im just gutted for the lad and the team..

Last edited:

robbiethemole

maybe TM should get on the phone to the "premiership" player who wants to come to the City, and ask him to turn up for training asap

David O'Day

Its a massive blow no matter how you cut it,, yes players will come in as cover but it will change the dynamic of the side.. He is a stand out player that does things that other in the squad are not capable of,, does this mean relegation, doom and definite loses every game, NO... But he is a better player than some give credit for and someone who's ability made the team a very dangerous opponent..

He will be missed and be welcomed back by the vast majority of fans,, delight to watch a very gifted and unusual talent..

Everyone says he's a good player but he's not the love child of pele and maradonna that some make him out to be.

Rubes has the ability to play just as well at 10

Chipfat

Everyone says he's a good player but he's not the love child of pele and maradonna that some make him out to be.

Rubes has the ability to play just as well at 10

Time will tell but in my opinion which you don't share he is the best player in the squad with the ball.. I do however agree with you on how good i never would compare him to world greatest footballers..

David O'Day

Time will tell but in my opinion which you don't share he is the best player in the squad with the ball.. I do however agree with you on how good i never would compare him to world greatest footballers..

Ruben has shown that he has the same technique and has shown he has a better eye for a pass.

johnwillomagic

We do not have a squad of 11 we have a squad at last count of about 25 including the loans - all of which are paid a good salary.

Willis being out is a blow but as pre-season discussions have stated we have Phillips as direct first cover and he will be chomping at the bit to get a first team chance.
I do not mind Phillips at all so be good for him to get a run out.

Regarding Madison undoubtedly had a great start but it is only three games into season.....Murphy came on for him and scored a screamer.....Lameiras could move inside
we still have Tudguy and Swanson as options both of these should also be keen to impress.

It is a blow to lose those two players but we should be able to cope with squad we have.......I could see Madders fading anyhow if he played every game....and also
not being quite as effective in winter hardened matches where pitches are not as good as they are now.

Wishing both players a speedy recovery and to the ones coming in to replace them take your chance and keep the good times going!!

Users who are viewing this thread