Maddison out for a few months (2 Viewers)

FRY-CCFC

Confirmed on twitter

JM10@JamesMadderz10 19s19 seconds ago
Not the results I was looking for
1f614.png
1f614.png
few months out of action
1f44e.png
"Tough times don't last Tough people do"

SlowerThanPlatt

Shit...literally no one who can play his role at the club and it showed when Walsall dominated us and we had no link from midfield-attack.

Better get a few calls on the go Tony.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Shit...literally no one who can play his role at the club and it showed when Walsall dominated us and we had no link from midfield-attack.

Better get a few calls on the go Tony.

I guess Swanson could give it a go but not sure he is good enough.

Would call for a change of style I think, maybe 442 with Tudgay partnering Armstrong.

Sky Blue Harry H

Sad, sad news - now we need to use that budget very wisely, to ensure we can create via Lameiras plus whoever, so that Armstrong isn't wasted. Otherwise, it'll have too be someone who Armstrong can play off - GGrrrr :( Plan B please TM

SlowerThanPlatt

I guess Swanson could give it a go but not sure he is good enough.

Would call for a change of style I think, maybe 442 with Tudgay partnering Armstrong.

Swanson won't be here for long. He wants a return to Scotland apparently.

This is where TM earns his money I guess

Otis

Was sort of half expecting it. Hope it hasn't burst our bubble. Pretty much all our good play going forwards was going through him.

As so many of us alluded to, this squad is very thin on the ground and injuries could ruin everything (hence my prediction of 7th), but I don't think any of us were expecting a star man out for several months after just 4 games in were we?

:(

chiefdave

FFS we must be cursed. As soon as you think things are on the up something like this happens.

Hopefully TM can either adapt the system so his absence isn't as much of an issue as it seemed to be on Saturday or bring someone in who can replace him.

Sky Blue Harry H

That's how I'd setup vs Southend. With Lameiras central and Jim/Murphy wide

Lameiras looks like he can go past someone and thread a pass, which should open up defences and play Armstrong in. Also think he will be prone to giving the ball away (but hope he doesn't!)

gruffskyblue

Everything good came through Madison this season. He was the link between midfiled and attack. I'm gutted. We have no player who can fulfil that role except perhaps Rubén. So, it's over to TM. I'm sure he'll come up with something. It's been a fantastic start.

Sky Blue Harry H

I suspect this will affect the final spending of TMs budget. I'd be tempted to look for a Premier League academy/U21 youngster on loan, who plays in a similar style - especially if it's a 3 to 6 month deal

SlowerThanPlatt

I suspect this will affect the final spending of TMs budget. I'd be tempted to look for a Premier League academy/U21 youngster on loan, who plays in a similar style - especially if it's a 3 to 6 month deal

Joao Teixeira at Liverpool? Was class at Brighton last year but hasn't been loaned out as yet.

wingy

The more I think about It the more fortuitous I think we've been In landing Ruben after a short trial.
They have both been on the same wavelength and have such similar attributes.
As annoying as this news Is I think we will cope.

Grendel

Everything good came through Madison this season. He was the link between midfiled and attack. I'm gutted. We have no player who can fulfil that role except perhaps Rubén. So, it's over to TM. I'm sure he'll come up with something. It's been a fantastic start.

Really? How many assists does he actually have?

Sky Blue Harry H

The more I think about It the more fortuitous I think we've been In landing Ruben after a short trial.
They have both been on the same wavelength and have such similar attributes.
As annoying as this news Is I think we will cope.

You may be right Wingy, but I hope that Lameiras doesn't suffer from the loss of his budding partnership with Maddison. Hopefully he will find others on his wavelength (Armstrong, Fleck etc). Fingers and everything else crossed!

gruffskyblue

I get your point about assists Grendal and hope you're right. Rubén has been excellent on that score. But to me it's not just about the assists. It's the touch of magic that Madders has that I've not seen at City for years. Something that's hard to explain. Like Speedie, he seems to be able to lose opposition midfielders with just a simple turn/first touch. It's natural.

Chipfat

His ability in the ball to create space for others is a gift not many have,, that will hurt TM plans's he will be a big miss,, but lets see what TM comes up with, even if he wasn't injured i was of the thought 3 or 4 more were needed in this squad to keep competitive throughout the season...

D

Deleted member 2477

Nothing on the ccfc news page. Are we sure this isnt a wind up as its bad news if true

Grendel

I thought you had a decent footballing knowledge to quote yourself?

Well I can't be bothered to look but in the league I'm going for one.

Users who are viewing this thread