Maddison out for a few months (2 Viewers)

Grendel

H

Huckerby

Out of interest, not directly related to the injury, how much do you reckon Maddison is on per week?

skybluegod

We do not have a squad of 11 we have a squad at last count of about 25 including the loans - all of which are paid a good salary.

Willis being out is a blow but as pre-season discussions have stated we have Phillips as direct first cover and he will be chomping at the bit to get a first team chance.
I do not mind Phillips at all so be good for him to get a run out.

Regarding Madison undoubtedly had a great start but it is only three games into season.....Murphy came on for him and scored a screamer.....Lameiras could move inside
we still have Tudguy and Swanson as options both of these should also be keen to impress.

It is a blow to lose those two players but we should be able to cope with squad we have.......I could see Madders fading anyhow if he played every game....and also
not being quite as effective in winter hardened matches where pitches are not as good as they are now.

Wishing both players a speedy recovery and to the ones coming in to replace them take your chance and keep the good times going!!

Surely this injury is the worst thing that could have happened for madders then? He's out till January, the same time it gets cold the pitches are in poor condition and even more chunks are kicked out of players?

skybluegod

ii'd guess £1500

not a chance in hell, he signed his contract when he hadn't even started a full game yet hadn't he? So I would suggest it's more like £800... He's still 18 and our club is not loaded. Average wage of the club around £1.2/1.3k I doubt madders is above that.

Paxman II

A good young talent that appeared to grow into the team from the start of this season. While he has ability he also has a lot of naivety and is not a game changer by any means. I think he would of kept improving but would not have started every game. he is not the mega loss some on here seem to believe. He was brilliant first half against Crewe but almost missing in the second half.
We still need replacements and I'm sure TM has his sights set before the window closes.

James Smith

It's not great news but I have faith in the rest of the team and TM to step up to the challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread