Match Thread Luton (A) Wed 29th Sep. 19.45 ko (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

long way home

MR will of done his homework on Luton, he will know they create and score but will also know they have a tendency to concede aswell. It's about exploiting that weakness and like most games taking those chances.

I hope we have to much for them with the ball. But think it will be a good game, a tough game and in lots of ways a perfect game to gauge the progress of the team . My heart says 2-1 win, my head says a scoring draw, I'd take a pt no injuries or suspensions now.

Sky Blue Harry H

If we get anything from this game, I will to start to believe (truth be told, I already have, regardless)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

giphy.gif

Covkid1968#

Anything but a loss and I’m happy. But I’m going for 2-0 win because something is def going on this season. We are getting luck and we have proper gelled as a team. The superstitious Cov kid in me is telling me all the stars are aligning in City of Culture year and this City might finally have something huge to be proud about. I’m down my local strutting around like a Peacock at the moment and the Forest and Leics locals are begrudgingly admitting we are a club on the march. 😎😎

Liquid Gold

They absolutely mullered us there last season and have improved their squad over the summer even if they do appear a bit goal shy.

It'll be a really good test of how far we've come.

Offhegoes

Do you think Robins will tinker? Sheaf for Allen, or Walker/Godden for Waghorn? Seeing as we have a game lunchtime on Saturday.
He did that at Millwall, when we had 3 games in a week.

Sky Blue Pete

Do you think Robins will tinker? Sheaf for Allen, or Walker/Godden for Waghorn? Seeing as we have a game lunchtime on Saturday.
He did that at Millwall, when we had 3 games in a week.
I’m certain he will tinker a little. I’m expecting Walker for Waghorn and Sheaf or Kelly for Allen

Fergusons_Beard

Nah no chance. This game is just as important. This game is no 1 priority.

Players will have had an extra days rest compared to Lutons.

I can see Waghorn getting a rest. Godden starting with Vik.

Can also see Sheaf coming in for Allen.

Then Waghorn and Allen back for Fulham.

Exactly what I think.

Hence Walker getting a run out against Peterborough to keep him sweet and Waggers staying on whole game.

Great to have the option to rotate and give players a rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

clint van damme

I’m certain he will tinker a little. I’m expecting Walker for Waghorn and Sheaf or Kelly for Allen

Those changes definitely disrupted us against Millwall.
Fair enough with Waghorn if he struggles to play 3 games in a week but no way we should be dropping Allen.

fernandopartridge

They absolutely mullered us there last season and have improved their squad over the summer even if they do appear a bit goal shy.

It'll be a really good test of how far we've come.

Edit as my original post was unfair

Biamou missed a couple of good chances early on, then Wilson made a bad mistake for the second goal which led to McFadzean being sent off.

Last edited:

Warwickhunt

Tough fixture this one, horrible pokey ground and a committed opposition who have from all accounts been unlucky not to have picked up more points. They will be at us from the start, and this might be the biggest test for our defence this season.
every team has a "what could have been if we had converted more of our chances or not hit the woodwork etc!" the diffrence with City is we look like winning everygame and its not luck. The secret to a good season is consistancy! we will lose th odd game but its how we respond and I have a feeling this season we have consistancy. I am full of expectation every time i go to see them, I dont worry if the opposition has a good spell during the game and mainly I have statred to lose "Its the City Innit" feeling as well

Users who are viewing this thread