Match Thread Luton (A) Wed 29th Sep. 19.45 ko (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Brighton Sky Blue

Nathan Jones has been complaining a lot that they’re creating lots of chances but not converting them. We can’t be as charitable as we were with them last time and at the other end we need more of that fluid counter attacking style we saw on Friday night.

Score draw I think

Reactions: vow

SkyblueTexan

This will be very tough. Luton were unlucky not to get any points vs Bournemouth. They look a very decent outfit and we don't pick up many points on our travels. Time to reverse the trend and try to win this one by the odd goal. Maybe bring Hamer on as an impact sub if needed (and avoid risking another yellow for him) and start Sheaf in his place as some have suggested. Too soon for Kelly to have a start I think. Think Waghorn links up well with Gyo, but if he's to be rested I'd prefer Godden over Walker to start alongside Gyo.

shmmeee

This will be very tough. Luton were unlucky not to get any points vs Bournemouth. They look a very decent outfit and we don't pick up many points on our travels. Time to reverse the trend and try to win this one by the odd goal. Maybe bring Hamer on as an impact sub if needed (and avoid risking another yellow for him) and start Sheaf in his place as some have suggested. Too soon for Kelly to have a start I think. Think Waghorn links up well with Gyo, but if he's to be rested I'd prefer Godden over Walker to start alongside Gyo.

Thinking about it if we are resting Waghorn I might be tempted to play Kelly and Sheaf and push Allen up with O’Hare. Godden and Walker both offer little out of possession.

covcity4life

Is this sub post aimed at me? I never predicted a relegation fight. I predicted mid table. Things change. I’m still predicting mid table cos I think we’ve had an easy start and been held up my amazing home form. If we’re going to challenge top six these are the games we need a win.

At least I only support one team in this division, shouldn’t you be on the Blackburn forum? ;)

McCallum shit, maatsen shit, kane shit, Moore shit.

Sure you support even 1 team in division? :)

Marty

On recent form, and if we have serious aspirations to battle at the top, we need to win these games, but I'm a proper cov fan so happy to take a draw. 1-1.

Skybluebeliever

Liam Kelly won't let anyone down if selected
We have a pretty strong squad at the moment so don't need to kill our best players by overplaying them
Think they will look to rotate and utilise godden and sheaf/Kelly again with games Wednesday and Saturday

Looking slightly ahead , the bench at Fulham could be
Dabo
Rose
Kelly
Sheaf
Godden
Walker

That could have been the majority of our starting line up last season

Paxman II

Tougher than it might suggest. Look closely at Luton's results and who they have played. When beaten it has been an odd goal and the match could have gone either way. They have had good wins too. Could easily be on more points, so caution here. We are brimming with confidence though and hopefully we are not going to get that 'lag' in our game that we so nearly drew in during the first half against the Posh.
Would like a win or a draw before the Fulham game. Hamer looks back to his best so we are peaking at the right moment. Reminds me of the promotion season when we all thought can we keep doing this, and so it proved. Hoping for the same.

SlowerThanPlatt

Tougher than it might suggest. Look closely at Luton's results and who they have played. When beaten it has been an odd goal and the match could have gone either way. They have had good wins too. Could easily be on more points, so caution here. We are brimming with confidence though and hopefully we are not going to get that 'lag' in our game that we so nearly drew in during the first half against the Posh.
Would like a win or a draw before the Fulham game. Hamer looks back to his best so we are peaking at the right moment. Reminds me of the promotion season when we all thought can we keep doing this, and so it proved. Hoping for the same.
You can’t have been following too closely as they’ve lost 5-0 to Birmingham?

Sky Blue Harry H

eminds me of the promotion season when we all thought can we keep doing this, and so it proved. Hoping for the same.

Haha - a bit earlier in the season, but the same crossed my mind. let's be honest, in the truncated L1 season, few of us thought that we'd end up Champions or go up through the autos in the early stages of the season. It was only quite late on when we had those successive games v Pompey, Sunderland and Rotherham that we suddenly realised it was truly on. Can't remember the early season form too much (other than a few moaned about us drawing too many games, and it may well scupper us) e.g. Burton away, I seem to remember fans feeling a bit flat. Trouble is, in this division, it's difficult to fly under the radar at the moment with the plaudits we're getting!

Grendel

McCallum shit, maatsen shit, kane shit, Moore shit.

Sure you support even 1 team in division? :)

He likes Maatsen and thinks his a better wing back than mccallum which I think is illogical

COV

Is this sub post aimed at me? I never predicted a relegation fight. I predicted mid table. Things change. I’m still predicting mid table cos I think we’ve had an easy start and been held up my amazing home form. If we’re going to challenge top six these are the games we need a win.

At least I only support one team in this division, shouldn’t you be on the Blackburn forum? ;)

What’s a sub post?

covcity4life

He likes Maatsen and thinks his a better wing back than mccallum which I think is illogical
I do like maatsen. He might not be better than Sam (to be expected could be argued) but I think he gets to final third more which is helping us tactically this season

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Yes, I've even put in my sig that I'm one of the worst score predictors ever. But if the opposite seems to happen, why change it ? :)

Apologies in advance if I say that we're going to lose the Play Off Final ;)

Sorry. Did you want to query my score prediction (see my reply to procdoc) or that I said no red cards. Would you prefer I predict a red card ?
The fact they arent a dirty team

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

They had by far the better chances yesterday... away at Bournemouth.... should have had a point at least.
They are creating a lot, and their fans are expecting them to give somebody a pasting if they keep it up.
This will be a very difficult away trip.
2bf we’re due to give someone a real pasting aswell.

although I was told this lot are going to be up there. Fully expecting these to be the championship’s answer to 2009 Barcelona

wingy

It's all about belief isn't it.
As long as we maintain that I believe we will give all team's in this league a hard game and no matter who they are the ratio of wins per block of games can be maintained, possibly bettered into draws away from home.
We shall see.

Offhegoes

Tough fixture this one, horrible pokey ground and a committed opposition who have from all accounts been unlucky not to have picked up more points. They will be at us from the start, and this might be the biggest test for our defence this season.

Brighton Sky Blue

Tough fixture this one, horrible pokey ground and a committed opposition who have from all accounts been unlucky not to have picked up more points. They will be at us from the start, and this might be the biggest test for our defence this season.

Had to stand firm at Millwall already, but we know we'll make chances at the other end too. The question as always but especially for these 2 sides is whether or not they convert what they create

SkyBlueMatt

Win our home games, draw away. Like many have mentioned, this will be a tough game. I'll go for a score draw, 1-1.

It will be obscene if we actually win. 22 points after 10, half way to safety with less that 25% games played and a considerable cushion from 7th.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread