Looks like they’re coming for trouble (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Who?

Evo1883

Just sounds like they expect the west Midlands to gang up against each other just because they are coming to town.

Weird behaviour and mindset, either way passed off trouble free at the SOL this season

cc84cov

Some funny comments on there they really are a odd bunch they are also worried blues fans might be with us against them lol

theferret

I just find the whole Sunderland obsession odd especially when we’re not playing them. Last home game and Shrewsbury away our fans were singing a song Newcastle made about them for ages

I'd say the obsession is mores theirs judging by the number of threads they create season after season. I don't go on there unless someone posts a link, but am always entertained when I do. Some absolute belters in that thread.

Samo

Gosh they kind of love us a bit. o_O

Reactions: vow

chiefdave

I'd say the obsession is mores theirs judging by the number of threads they create season after season. I don't go on there unless someone posts a link, but am always entertained when I do. Some absolute belters in that thread.
We probably have as many mentions of Sunderland and threads made on here as they do on their board. Its really odd. Nobody gave a shit about them a couple of years ago and now the idiot section of both fanbases won't let it drop.

theferret

We probably have as many mentions of Sunderland and threads made on here as they do on their board. Its really odd. Nobody gave a shit about them a couple of years ago and now the idiot section of both fanbases won't let it drop.

Recently maybe, but they have doing it for years, right back to Sixfields and then loads more when Jimmy Hill died. It took the game last season at the Ricoh for our lot to properly jump on it. It's all a bit silly, but I'm not that arsed by it. Fans of two clubs don't like each other and have an irrational rivalry - we're hardly breaking new ground here.

Liquid Gold

I'm not one for this manufactured rivalry and the ones I chatted to at the away game this season were sound but I can't resist a look on that forum. They're proper batshit.

Magwitch

It all started with one idiot Sunderland fan coming on back in the GMK days going on and on about the Bristol City game, Jimmy Hill etc and it snowballed. We played them loads of times afterwards in the top division and never an issue, it seemed to gather momentum for some reason when we dropped out the Prem just shows the dubious power of social media.

Briles

The other cov thread on there posted last week (with a video of us singing about them) had one bloke who was obsessed with the Jimmy Hill statue. About 5 different posts about wanting to shit on it, shout at it etc. It is a brilliant read if you're at a loose end. They went from relegation posts to winning the league posts after one win. Their delusions of grandeur are astounding.

ajsccfc

All this stuff is really just encouraged by a minority of idiots on both sides, but I'd love to see if there's anyone who can compete with the guy shouting at the statue. That's world class stuff

Briles

"We have the better side" is quite different to the original comment of "we have a far superior side"

Yeah I know, i'm just interested as to which Sunderland's players people think are better than what we have got.

Terry Gibson's perm

I would imagine the police are going to have plenty to say about how many tickets they get especially if Villa are at home.

Frank Sidebottom

I just find the whole Sunderland obsession odd especially when we’re not playing them. Last home game and Shrewsbury away our fans were singing a song Newcastle made about them for ages
Shrewsbury away was embarrassing.... about 10-15 minutes of it.... I kind of get it with Villa, But Sunderland? Who cares?
I think maybe the lack of a proper rival for the past few season probably hasn't helped.

clint van damme

Shrewsbury away was embarrassing.... about 10-15 minutes of it.... I kind of get it with Villa, But Sunderland? Who cares?
I think maybe the lack of a proper rival for the past few season probably hasn't helped.

I was there and can't remember that!

Users who are viewing this thread