Looks like it'll be a sell-out for the Exeter game... (1 Viewer)

Monners

Depends if they have just moved back and the fans making a big deal out of ticket prices being too much although I am sure some may think up new reasons not to go now they can't use the price line.

The club should state now that everybody should keep their stubs and IF we get futher along and at Wembley then the people with the most stubs will get priority.

I agree Nick. I am being realistic in that we won't fill a 32k stadium for this game. There is work to be done with the fans (potential also - which is what the first game back clearly demostrated), and a price drop is a start. A clear marketing strategy for the rest of the season, including a pricing strategy would add clarity to the Club's intentions to build bridges (as mentioned last week) - many cannot just pretend that the events of he last 12 months or so didn't happen, and we are not back to "busines as usual" as before. Keeping ticket stubs for future big games is an obvious thing for them to do and should happen - even cash them in for half price tickets for a league game if we don't make the latter stages of the JPT.

Consistenly sniping at fellow fans for not attending games does not constitute a marketing strategy.

By the way, I think I said earlier that I would be going to the game - makes the 70 mile round trip more bearable now that the ticket is cheap

Last edited:

Monners

But I thought ticket prices were the be all and end all? Some people seem to have very short memories on here.

I for one have never said that - pricing is part of an overall marketing strategy (which is what I have said consistently).

torchomatic

And it's a night game...

....except Exeter are rubbish, who'd pay to watch them.... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

pusbccfc

Perfect opportunity to have a good night like the Gillingham game.

torchomatic

YEah but you know what the roads are like on a Tuesday evening. Murder.

As was Gillingham..... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Covstu

I remember the Burton game a few years back, what a non event that was! Never seen a game where absolutely nothing happened until the end!!

covcity4life

its early round of JPT, no sell out i doubt. for any club anywhere one would imagine.

doesn't mean its a negative thing.

covcity4life

Depends if they have just moved back and the fans making a big deal out of ticket prices being too much although I am sure some may think up new reasons not to go now they can't use the price line.

The club should state now that everybody should keep their stubs and IF we get futher along and at Wembley then the people with the most stubs will get priority.

why are you blaming all attendance dissapointment on the fans and not the clubs cock up with tickets and queues?????

nick you cant just troll because you own the site.

H

Huckerby

I bet you did against Crewe in Feb '13...

It cracks me up that people somehow resent fans who go to big games that sell out. You know if that didn't happen then they wouldn't sell out right??

People go to big games because they are a good atmosphere. Wembley would have been a bonus but primarily its for a huge game and atmosphere.

Everyone needs someone or something to moan at though don't I.

ticket prices, stadium, atmosphere, signings, all a bunch of whiney little girls

Nick

Administrator
why are you blaming all attendance dissapointment on the fans and not the clubs cock up with tickets and queues?????

nick you cant just troll because you own the site.

You have missed all of the posts about how the club can improve i have made then?

You can't troll either, no matter how hard you try.

Evo1883

Im a ST holder and go to 75% of away matches , would i not be entitled to a ticket in the regional final without "stubbs"

covcity4life

You have missed all of the posts about how the club can improve i have made then?

You can't troll either, no matter how hard you try.

im too nice a person to troll.

you keep bringing up fan excuses 247, do you really think jpt early round game is an event where this is relevant? burton was a fiver, no one went crazy when that attendece was low. we all knew it would be.

p.s im going to the game.

Nick

Administrator

you keep bringing up fan excuses 247, do you really think jpt early round game is an event where this is relevant? burton was a fiver, no one went crazy when that attendece was low. we all knew it would be.

Nobody was going crazy about how expensive tickets were then though?

The club should have things in place to get them sold as easily as possible. No messing around in the shops, send their website back to the 80's where it belongs and get something that works.

The club shouldn't give fans excuses if they can help it.

covcity4life

Nobody was going crazy about how expensive tickets were then though?

The club should have things in place to get them sold as easily as possible. No messing around in the shops, send their website back to the 80's where it belongs and get something that works.

The club shouldn't give fans excuses if they can help it.

i think the fact the club keep making statements about making it more affordable shows that they know their pricing is wrong and fans are right to moan.

Sky Blue Dal

I really would love to go but work miles away from the City in weekdays making getting there on time very difficult.

Effing annoying ...

stupot07

I remember the Burton game a few years back, what a non event that was! Never seen a game where absolutely nothing happened until the end!!

That was the best penalty shoot out I've ever seen, well worth the £5 just for that! ;)

stupot07

i kept refreshing SBT during it from sunny hawaii on my honeymoon!

They were all great pens, nearly all of them in the top corner. And Murphy's penalty saves.

Nonleagueherewecome

It's the JPT, people aren't interested in it until it reaches the business end. Watching a glorified reserve game against Exeter obviously isn't going to attract a big gate. But it looks like most people on this thread are just relishing immaturely taking the price cause of low gates as an argument to beat fellow fans with, even though they know that the JPT early stages is unattractive. The sense of superiority from the self-appointed Superfans is enough to make you gag.

Nonleagueherewecome

It terrifies me when I agree with you...

covcity4life

It's the JPT, people aren't interested in it until it reaches the business end. Watching a glorified reserve game against Exeter obviously isn't going to attract a big gate. But it looks like most people on this thread are just relishing immaturely taking the price cause of low gates as an argument to beat fellow fans with, even though they know that the JPT early stages is unattractive. The sense of superiority from the self-appointed Superfans is enough to make you gag.

dont think i have ever agreed with you NLHWC but thats spot on

Nonleagueherewecome

ahaha great timing

Back when Grendal was called KDuffy, we used to say that if we agreed on something, given how opposed we always were, it must be true. But seeing as we haven't agreed for about three years, maybe we could make that our "thang"??

covcity4life

Back when Grendal was called KDuffy, we used to say that if we agreed on something, given how opposed we always were, it must be true. But seeing as we haven't agreed for about three years, maybe we could make that our "thang"??

yeah! there can be no counter arguments if we both agree on something. its now a SBT rule.

Nonleagueherewecome

yeah! there can be no counter arguments if we both agree on something. its now a SBT rule.

And if RFC and Sky Blue Kid also agree with us, the universe will implode.

pusbccfc

I think if you are a fan of a club you should be bothered about every game. At £5 there is no reason why 20,000 cannot go.

hill83

I think if you are a fan of a club you should be bothered about every game. At £5 there is no reason why 20,000 cannot go.

Gutted. Turns out I'm not a fan then. Anyone want my season ticket?
I've still got a sky blue ribbon tied to my cock too so if you can get it off you can have it.

Users who are viewing this thread