Looking bad for Villa....who do we want? (1 Viewer)

Adge

That depends whether you're looking short term or long term. If Villa or West Ham will be tougher games for us they will be for the rest of the league too. Whichever teams come down they have such a huge advantage with parachute payments that they will all be favoured to go straight back up, even little Bournemouth. The advantages of playing Villa again would be the extra interest it would bring within the City, and if the unlikely happened and we beat them, the feel good factor which could propel the club forward, much more than a win against Bournemouth would. Surely anyone would rather watch us play Villa in front of a full house than Bournemouth in a half empty stadium.
Not really. Depends on what the results of both games were.

skyblue025

Ontop of parachute payments they are also likely to have 60+ from Grealish and offers for McGinn and Mings. All depends how you spend it though. A return to signings like McCormack and Hogan and it wont be as easy as the disparity in budgets would suggest it should be.

I don't see anyone paying 60 million for Grealish. probably only 3 or 4 teams who could pay that money and he wouldn't get into any of their teams. He's never scored 10 league goals in a season and never had 10 assists in a season. Not great stats for an attacking midfielder who has spent a couple of season in the Championship. Scores a worldie every 8 or 9 games but no consistency. No longer a young player with potential, he's mid 20's.

usskyblue

FUCKSAKE... On a decent pitch and we can match anyone in the Championship, ANYFUCKINGONE.

As long as ‘home’ isn’t a fucking rugby pitch.

Bring on anyfucker

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I don't see anyone paying 60 million for Grealish. probably only 3 or 4 teams who could pay that money and he wouldn't get into any of their teams. He's never scored 10 league goals in a season and never had 10 assists in a season. Not great stats for an attacking midfielder who has spent a couple of season in the Championship. Scores a worldie every 8 or 9 games but no consistency. No longer a young player with potential, he's mid 20's.

Don't see why some people consider him ahead of Maddison in terms of ability. Maddison is light years ahead of him. I might be a bit biased but for me atm Maddison should be Englands first choice CAM. Better than Mount, Alli, Grealish, Alli, Barkley.

CCFC88

Pukki also has 25 international goals, experience in the Bundesliga etc.

Someone will offer a good few million quid for him once they go down.
As Norwich rolls round, thoughts of Pukki come to mind and this ludicrous statement from "the CWR phone in chappy is pretending he is a football guru". Apology and admittance that you were wrong on a postcard will be fine, just sign it off "yours sincerely, Clown."

SlowerThanPlatt

giphy.gif

David O'Day

As Norwich rolls round, thoughts of Pukki come to mind and this ludicrous statement from "the CWR phone in chappy is pretending he is a football guru". Apology and admittance that you were wrong on a postcard will be fine, just sign it off "yours sincerely, Clown."

Mate why would I apologise to a weirdo who was wrong about everything?

I bet you have full lights up outside your house.

Grendel

Mate why would I apologise to a weirdo who was wrong about everything?

I bet you have full lights up outside your house.

Lol are you really that brummie twat that phones up after every game?

Users who are viewing this thread