Looking bad for Villa....who do we want? (1 Viewer)

kg82

Were you one of the ones who ran across the pitch when it all kicked off? We had fans everywhere that day
Nah, I was 10 and even at that young age I knew to keep my mouth shut! No way I was saying anything. Luckily (or typically) we didn’t show up that day and nearly went down! So not much to cheer about

Adge

Yeah, I stood in the Holte End in 92 and can categorically state it’s not all one way. More our way than their way, fair enough, but not one way.
Was with you then mate in the bottom corner. Then running on the pitch to get to the Cov end just before KO! :emoji_smile:

Specs WT-R75

I’d like Bournemouth to come down. It always appears to me they are made out to have been successful through not spending too much and bringing up youth, where I don’t think it’s true. I also think they massively underpaid us for Wilson, they saw we were in financial difficulty and came swooping. I can imagine they’ve done the same to other clubs

It's all relative. You don't think we will take advantage of the current situation by nabbing a few players from L1 when the dust has settled?

David O'Day

I'd like Bournemouth to go down for purely selfish reasons in that I haven't been there for a game yet.

CCFC88

Villa home and away would create a real buzz around the city, whether you agree with the "rivalry" or not, it'll be the first fixture most fans look for when they are released.

As for getting shown up by them, Mings McGinn and Grealish will likely go and they will just be another top 6 Championship team, we will have as much chance of beating them as we will have beating Norwich, West Ham or Watford.

junglej13

Would give my left bollock to play Villa again. Hate how some say it's embarrassing the supposed rivalry with Villa. Growing up in Nuneaton half my mates at school supported Villa and having them games back in the calendar for the first time would be unbelievable.

CCFC88

Would give my left bollock to play Villa again. Hate how some say it's embarrassing the supposed rivalry with Villa. Growing up in Nuneaton half my mates at school supported Villa and having them games back in the calendar for the first time would be unbelievable.
Same on the west side of Coventry, the want to play them and the enjoyment at watching them struggle is very real. Never understood the "rivalry" with Leicester, never met a Leicester fan in my life.

better days

I would like to see West Ham get relegated as the meltdown will be great Mrs Brady old lady will be saying it should never have restarted and all that crap. Their fans detest the owners and new ground if they had an iffy start it would be toxic there.

Whoever comes down should be at the top due to the grossly unfair parachute payments there budgets will probably be twenty times ours
The covenant with the Legacy company (regarding the stadium) that prohibited the current owners selling expires next year
Won't be surprised if Gold & Sullivan sell out
Americans already own 10%
Brady is just an employee and is universally detested

Terry Gibson's perm

Where I work near to Tamworth there are loads of Villa fans I can only think of three people there who obviously haven’t had their brain removed

CCFC88

When we play Villa again some people are going to be so, so disappointed at how little they actually care about us.
I don't think anyone's that bothered with what they think though, most understand on a list of local derby's for Villa we are probably 4th out of 5 that they care about.

People just want something to be excited about and playing the biggest club in the midlands for the first time in nearly 20 years will do that.

Who cares if they don't reciprocate

David O'Day

I don't think anyone's that bothered with what they think though, most understand on a list of local derby's for Villa we are probably 4th out of 5 that they care about.

People just want something to be excited about and playing the biggest club in the midlands for the first time in nearly 20 years will do that.

That is rather sad though don't you think. Hating a club that doesn't care about you.

All Villa will care about next year if they go down is being in the same league as Blues again.

matesx

All Villa will care about next year if they go down is being in the same league as Blues again.

True.... and if we are still at Stans, the home game v Villa could be dodgy as fuck.

TomRad85

Birmingham based Villa fans don't give a shit about us but Villa have fans all over Warwickshire and trust me, they would hate it if we turned them over.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

kg82

That is rather sad though don't you think. Hating a club that doesn't care about you.

I don’t hate any club. But by your logic, I shouldn’t dislike any club? I mean, nobody really cares about Coventry unless we’re their next game.

David O'Day

I don’t hate any club. But by your logic, I shouldn’t dislike any club? I mean, nobody really cares about Coventry unless we’re their next game.

Dislike any club you want but the ott villa hatred is silly.

Legia Sky Blue

They always cared more than they made out. Granted, given that we haven't played them for 20 years, their younger generations won't get it, but the older ones I know seem to have a very good memory of Cov Villa games from the past, which contradicts the disinterest in us they always claim.

CCFC88

Nobody on here has said they hate Villa? I think you are mistaking excitement for hatred, or misquoting to make your point carry more weight, but that's not like you now is it....

Who are you excited to play next season?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Nobody on here has said they hate Villa? I think you are mistaking excitement for hatred, or misquoting to make your point carry more weight, but that's not like you now is it....

Who are you excited to play next season?
To be fair noone on here specifically has, but if you go on Facebook/Twitter pretty much every meme/gif etc is poking fun at Villa. I get the excitement, it would excite me too. More because we become slightly more relevant to my group of mates. My mates feel nothing negative towards us and have come with me to games countless times. I just find all the SOTV etc posts embarrassing personally. It would be like 20 years from now, we're in Championship or PL and Walsall are still banging on about us. I'd just pity them a little bit.

junglej13

When we play Villa again some people are going to be so, so disappointed at how little they actually care about us.
Not the ones I grew up with. They pretend to hate Blues and say it is their big derby when actually they don't know anyone who supports them. The whole point in a derby is about bragging rights and it being unbearable to go to school or work if you lose. The Villa fans I know would hate to lose to us... because I'd make it unbearable for them.

oscillatewildly

I think an air of 'arrogance' in not hating any club - because we are simply so much bigger than all the others is the way to go about it. Hah! It would be beneath oneself to cast loathing upon those who flail in our wake!
Mind you, I've had a mild dislike of Stoke City ever since getting legged down Swan Lane as a 13 year old in 1979.

David O'Day

To be fair noone on here specifically has, but if you go on Facebook/Twitter pretty much every meme/gif etc is poking fun at Villa. I get the excitement, it would excite me too. More because we become slightly more relevant to my group of mates. My mates feel nothing negative towards us and have come with me to games countless times. I just find all the SOTV etc posts embarrassing personally. It would be like 20 years from now, we're in Championship or PL and Walsall are still banging on about us. I'd just pity them a little bit.

Exactly

Paxman II

I am slightly amazed at the respones here. Surely the weaker the opposition is likely to be the better our chances of staying up? While parachute payments make them all able to spend way more on players, the fact is West Ham or Villa would likely be tougher oppo than Bournemouth or Norwich or Watford wouldn't you say? Like playig the roulette wheel, which one would you back? We need to stay up and every little bit will help that. The outide chance of O'Hare coming must rest on Villa's ability to stay up.

CCFC88

Not the ones I grew up with. They pretend to hate Blues and say it is their big derby when actually they don't know anyone who supports them. The whole point in a derby is about bragging rights and it being unbearable to go to school or work if you lose. The Villa fans I know would hate to lose to us... because I'd make it unbearable for them.
Exactly

Legia Sky Blue

I am slightly amazed at the respones here. Surely the weaker the opposition is likely to be the better our chances of staying up? While parachute payments make them all able to spend way more on players, the fact is West Ham or Villa would likely be tougher oppo than Bournemouth or Norwich or Watford wouldn't you say? Like playig the roulette wheel, which one would you back? We need to stay up and every little bit will help that. The outide chance of O'Hare coming must rest on Villa's ability to stay up.

That depends whether you're looking short term or long term. If Villa or West Ham will be tougher games for us they will be for the rest of the league too. Whichever teams come down they have such a huge advantage with parachute payments that they will all be favoured to go straight back up, even little Bournemouth. The advantages of playing Villa again would be the extra interest it would bring within the City, and if the unlikely happened and we beat them, the feel good factor which could propel the club forward, much more than a win against Bournemouth would. Surely anyone would rather watch us play Villa in front of a full house than Bournemouth in a half empty stadium.

fernandopartridge

God you are in the dongo league of talking shite

Warwickhunt

I doubt Bournemouth would struggle in the Championship. They would buy there way back up like last time. Villa might be in the shit with ffp depending how much they lost last sesson. Would love to see West Ham down. Owners and fans think they are massive.
They would probably sell Callum Wilson to fund buying players to make another run at the Premiership

CCFC88

On the other hand you could say the likes of Villa and West Ham are more likely to have their squads pulled apart by selling premier league quality players. The likes of Norwich are Watford are more likely to keep their players as they don't have the standouts such as Grealish, McGinn, Mings, they're more likely to require a rebuild which is more of an uncertainty.

I expect Cantwell and Pukki to turn out for Norwich in the Championship next year, I don't expect Villa will have Grealish and McGinn.

David O'Day

On the other hand you could say the likes of Villa and West Ham are more likely to have their squads pulled apart by selling premier league quality players. The likes of Norwich are Watford are more likely to keep their players as they don't have the standouts such as Grealish, McGinn, Mings, they're more likely to require a rebuild which is more of an uncertainty.

I expect Cantwell and Pukki to turn out for Norwich in the Championship next year, I don't expect Villa will have Grealish and McGinn.

Someone will take Pukki, they'll regret it but they'll take him off them

CCFC88

Someone will take Pukki, they'll regret it but they'll take him off them
I'm not sure they will, he's 30 and has been found out to not be up to it in the prem. He'll be a Championship player next season with Norwich and he'll probably do quite well.

David O'Day

I'm not sure they will, he's 30 and has been found out to not be up to it in the prem. He'll be a Championship player next season with Norwich and he'll probably do quite well.

Not up to it? He's got double figure goals in PL for an awful team.

Players who have done far less get sold for millions.

Users who are viewing this thread