Looking bad for Villa....who do we want? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

It looks increasingly bad for Villa after today, and their fixture run in looks very tough. While many want them to join us in the championship I'm really hoping they stay up. They would be a stronger side than say Bournemouth, and if they stay up we may have first dibs on O'Hare who I think is a shoe in for the championship and such an excellent fit for us.
Same could be said for West Ham. Don't want them in the championship.

Magwitch

Think there could be a fire sale at Villa should they come down, Grealish going is obvious but don’t think their finances are the best

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Think there could be a fire sale at Villa should they come down, Grealish going is obvious but don’t think their finances are the best

Trouble is that would make it far more likely CoH stay there. But he has rejected two contracts so still a chance....

rondog1973

Would love Villa and West Ham relegated. Villa for obvious reasons and West Ham as Karen Brady embodies everything that's wrong with the governance of football clubs. Price of everything, value of nothing.

lifeskyblue

Prefer them to stay up for one more season... better chance of O’Hare. Also think villa would be a club likely to bounce back. Whereas Bournemouth more likely to struggle in championship, Norwich and Watford strong for playoffs. West Ham on other hand could go either way so would like to see them relegated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerneBayGaz

Prefer them to stay up for one more season... better chance of O’Hare. Also think villa would be a club likely to bounce back. Whereas Bournemouth more likely to struggle in championship, Norwich and Watford strong for playoffs. West Ham on other hand could go either way so would like to see them relegated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly agree about O'hare. Wouldn't want West Ham relegated strong team. Spot on about Bournemouth they would struggle in the Championship. As for Norwich it would depend on who they keep and bring in. But I'm sure they will be there Or there abouts. Exciting times ahead.

Colin Steins Smile

I wonder if O’Hare might have made a contract decision on 1st July, so whatever league Villa are in is irrelevant to his decision. He clearly wants to play.
Additionally, Dean Smith Will probably be sacked before next season, so OH may not fit with the next manager anyway....
All in all... I expect him to leave , but it’s a question of whether we have the finances to secure him

block16

As many big clubs down as possible. We won't be up that end of the league anyway and derby games V villa would be special

Sky Blue Harry H

Can't stand West Ham's owners, but would like Bournemouth and Norwich down (nice away days). If Callum O'Hare comes to us regardless, then Villa down, please, although I wouldn't shed a tear for West Ham.

Liquid Gold

Callum O'Hare is not staying at Villa no matte rather league, he's rejected two contract offers and they're not going back with a third.

The only club you can categorically say he won't be at next year is Villa.

ccfcway

Callum O'Hare is not staying at Villa no matte rather league, he's rejected two contract offers and they're not going back with a third.

The only club you can categorically say he won't be at next year is Villa.

agreed. as much chance of O'Hare staying at villa as walsh coming to cov

Specs WT-R75

It looks increasingly bad for Villa after today, and their fixture run in looks very tough. While many want them to join us in the championship I'm really hoping they stay up. They would be a stronger side than say Bournemouth, and if they stay up we may have first dibs on O'Hare who I think is a shoe in for the championship and such an excellent fit for us.

If O'Hare signs for us end of the month then yes, fuck'em. But if not then I begrudgingly agree that the best way to get him would be for Villa to stay up...

skyblue025

I doubt Bournemouth would struggle in the Championship. They would buy there way back up like last time. Villa might be in the shit with ffp depending how much they lost last sesson. Would love to see West Ham down. Owners and fans think they are massive.

Liquid Gold

Conversely it might be more beneficial to us if the stronger teams came down. If there are a group of teams towards the top of the league picking up more points it would mean the bar for staying up would likely be lower.

Magwitch

Personally I think O’Hare’s mind is made up. 24th of July, Wednesday, is when new players can be officially announced so let’s wait and see hopefully silence is golden.

better days

I doubt Bournemouth would struggle in the Championship. They would buy there way back up like last time. Villa might be in the shit with ffp depending how much they lost last sesson. Would love to see West Ham down. Owners and fans think they are massive.
Interesting which way to judge the stature of West Ham
Won nothing for 40 years but sell out 60,000 stadium every week and whatever away allocation they get

jim20

I’d like Bournemouth to come down. It always appears to me they are made out to have been successful through not spending too much and bringing up youth, where I don’t think it’s true. I also think they massively underpaid us for Wilson, they saw we were in financial difficulty and came swooping. I can imagine they’ve done the same to other clubs

Magwitch

West Ham get magnificent support for a club who have won very little over the years and rarely finish in the top half of the division. I think they have a huge financial millstone round their necks though and losing their premiership spot could have big problems for them.

covboy1987

Not been really looking at the bottom of the premier table but all seem to give the had the impression villa were almost certainly down - However
Villa dont look very good but the same could be said of several teams down the bottom - Long way to go as the weekend results havent really changed much as Villa are only 1 point off the 4th from bottom so all to play for still

Terry Gibson's perm

I would like to see West Ham get relegated as the meltdown will be great Mrs Brady old lady will be saying it should never have restarted and all that crap. Their fans detest the owners and new ground if they had an iffy start it would be toxic there.

Whoever comes down should be at the top due to the grossly unfair parachute payments there budgets will probably be twenty times ours

Adge

Not into this Villa rivalry cobblers at all as it’s all one sided nonsense, so the bonus is if they do go down (not fussed one way or the other) is it’s a nice easy away trip.

Ring Of Steel

Not into this Villa rivalry cobblers at all as it’s all one sided nonsense, so the bonus is if they do go down (not fussed one way or the other) is it’s a nice easy away trip.

I could do without getting hammered by Villa tbh, and I would hate the mass hysteria that built up in our fans while they look at us as incredibly smalltime, we just look stupid to them when all that happens. I get the Villa stuff obviously but I'd rather have a team who are more likely to have problems in the Championship, at the moment I would look at that as a near-guaranteed loss of 6 points & some embarrassing noise emanating from our fans.

kg82

Yeah, I stood in the Holte End in 92 and can categorically state it’s not all one way. More our way than their way, fair enough, but not one way.

Ring Of Steel

Yeah, I stood in the Holte End in 92 and can categorically state it’s not all one way. More our way than their way, fair enough, but not one way.

Were you one of the ones who ran across the pitch when it all kicked off? We had fans everywhere that day

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Yeah I get that too. I'm not going to complain about playing Villa, I just don't want to get shown up and I think there is a pretty big gulf there at the moment.
Yeah, I am undecided. I must admit, I fall on the side of City fans seeing Villa as the enemy as a little bit cringeworthy but as a 30 year old I can barely remember us playing them, I appreciate it's different for the older generation. I would very much like to go to Villa Park for an away day, but also don't fancy the shit I will get from my mates (majority support then) when they inevitably spank us by 3 or 4.

Ring Of Steel

Yeah, I am undecided. I must admit, I fall on the side of City fans seeing Villa as the enemy as a little bit cringeworthy but as a 30 year old I can barely remember us playing them, I appreciate it's different for the older generation. I would very much like to go to Villa Park for an away day, but also don't fancy the shit I will get from my mates (majority support then) when they inevitably spank us by 3 or 4.

I'm 45 and I'm (just) on the side of not wanting to get shown up.

Users who are viewing this thread