Looking at this logically after some sleep (3 Viewers)

PVA

Wycombe
Rotherham
QPR
Birmingham
Wednesday
Barnsley

Are the teams we'll be fighting with. You'd imagine Forest and Derby are good enough to pull themselves up the table.

But I'm confident we can finish above 3 of those teams.

I think Wycombe and Rotherham will go. Then it's one from 4 or 5 teams. Got to fancy our chances.

SlowerThanPlatt

Over 46 games we'll be better than Rotherham and Wycombe. SW are better but only clawed back 3 points so far abd will be in the mix til the end as will we, Luton, Barnsley, QPR Huddersfield and Birmingham imo. We only need need to better one of those.

Barnsley beat QPR but so did we and Luton are in false position imo in tge same way that Derby or Fore are is will finish well above us. Not time to hit the ball with panic button just yet.
Wycombe I agree but not Rotherham. We failed to beat them over 2 games last season and so far have started better than us

Brighton Sky Blue

Fitness and game management only comes from playing more competitive games.

I worry Weds will overtake us in time and then we will be 2nd from bottom. Wycombe were brilliant on the attack against Watford last night.And we can’t bank on points deductions for other teams.

Even Wycombe are having a go at least rather than just rolling over for 0-1/2/3/4

AOM

I know we've battered them in the past and are kinda their bogey team, but I don't think us beating Wycombe is an absolute given as some are making out.
Feel we're also going to need to cause a few upsets along the way against some of the top end teams to survive this season

mr_monkey

Even Wycombe are having a go at least rather than just rolling over for 0-1/2/3/4

So you've watched all their games have you?

if shipperz had scored that tap in last night it would have been a completely story, same as if O'Hare had scored against Swansea. The points don't lie and so far we have been better than Wycombe as we have more points than them

Brighton Sky Blue

So you've watched all their games have you?

if shipperz had scored that tap in last night it would have been a completely story, same as if O'Hare had scored against Swansea. The points don't lie and so far we have been better than Wycombe as we have more points than them

I’ve seen enough to suggest they are improving each week and we’re getting worse. Shipley did miss the tap in, he also screwed the chance to tee up Godden and aside from that we had nothing going forward. It’s the trend line that worries me more than the position on the graph

Sick Boy

He’s done better than I thought but having Godden as your main striker at this level, especially playing a lone role, is a recipe for disaster. He’s a decent squad player at this level but not much more than that.

clint van damme

Wycombe held Watford to a draw last night, they know they’re going down as much as anyone but still don’t roll over for the top sides and accept it as a formality.

I giver it about two weeks before people on this forum are talking about Wycombe in the same breathe as 80s AC Milan.
We drew with Swansea who are above Watford.

PVA

So...

drawing with Watford = improving every week, not lying down and accepting defeat

Drawing with Swansea = getting worse every week, giving up before we've even kicked a ball

Got to love this forum. Seems like some people are only happy when we're losing so they can have a moan

Dickie

Wycombe
Rotherham
QPR
Birmingham
Wednesday
Barnsley

Are the teams we'll be fighting with. You'd imagine Forest and Derby are good enough to pull themselves up the table.

But I'm confident we can finish above 3 of those teams.

I think Wycombe and Rotherham will go. Then it's one from 4 or 5 teams. Got to fancy our chances.

Weds are in a false position, they’re decent. They won’t be fighting relegation unfortunately

Dickie

Swansea was a decent point, should have been all 3. We're getting worse by the week mind

We played so well second half v Swansea. I guess the only games since then were Rovers where a stupid decision cost us and Boro where both their goals were from our mistakes arguably. Like others I’m worried about where the goals are coming from though.

SlowerThanPlatt

We played so well second half v Swansea. I guess the only games since then were Rovers where a stupid decision cost us and Boro where both their goals were from our mistakes arguably. Like others I’m worried about where the goals are coming from though.

It was the same last season, we relied on our defence and won most games by the odd goal.

The same defence is now shipping 2 goals a game and we don’t have the goals to counter it

SeaSeeEffCee

A lot of their fans disagree. They think they're rubbish and want Monk sacked. (Mind you if they're anything like the fans on here then they're just overreacting).
How should people react to 1 point and 2 goals in 5 games? Should we be pleased by the manner of performance so far this season? I know some people are happy for us to get beaten every week because the opposition have a couple of ex-United players or spent a bit of money on a few players but not all of us are so willing to accept that.

PVA

How should people react to 1 point and 2 goals in 5 games? Should we be pleased by the manner of performance so far this season? I know some people are happy for us to get beaten every week because the opposition have a couple of ex-United players or spent a bit of money on a few players but not all of us are so willing to accept that.

How should people react?

By not throwing their toys out the pram and declaring everyone shit, ideally.

Your last sentence is just laughable and does not warrant a response.

clint van damme

no ones happy about us getting beat but it's about been realistic. We're playing teams with far greater resource, you have to factor that in when assessing a performance.
We can't do to teams in this league what we were doing to teams in L1but it seems that some people expect it.

hill83

How should people react?

By not throwing their toys out the pram and declaring everyone shit, ideally.

Your last sentence is just laughable and does not warrant a response.

By not saying people are happy when we are losing which is a mistake I made a few times last season. But I'm a better person than that now.
That would be a start anyway.

fernandopartridge

Honestly, log out and have a breather. You're on every thread with this hysteria

chiefdave

By not saying people are happy when we are losing which is a mistake I made a few times last season. But I'm a better person than that now.
That would be a start anyway.
Not sure why its so difficult for people to accept that being realistic about the resources we have available compared to other teams in this division isn't saying that you're happy to get thumped every game.

mr_monkey

When you say a bit of money you do realise that the player that scored their first goal cost them over 10 million quid

SeaSeeEffCee

no ones happy about us getting beat but it's about been realistic. We're playing teams with far greater resource, you have to factor that in when assessing a performance.
We can't do to teams in this league what we were doing to teams in L1but it seems that some people expect it.
I don't expect us to be able to dominate games like last season, we clearly don't have the ability to do so. However I do expect us to be able to do the basics right and not make games so ridiculously easy for the opposition. If you get promoted to a league that is deemed a large step up the first thing you need to do is make yourselves hard to beat. We've completely regressed in that regard from last season and now gift the opposition a multitude of scoring opportunities every game. You can't continue to concede 2 goals per game while barely scoring and expect thing to work out.

hill83

Not sure why its so difficult for people to accept that being realistic about the resources we have available compared to other teams in this division isn't saying that you're happy to get thumped every game.

Because everything is one thing or the other. No in between. And I can quite clearly see you want us to go down.

PVA

I don't expect us to be able to dominate games like last season, we clearly don't have the ability to do so. However I do expect us to be able to do the basics right and not make games so ridiculously easy for the opposition. If you get promoted to a league that is deemed a large step up the first thing you need to do is make yourselves hard to beat. We've completely regressed in that regard from last season and now gift the opposition a multitude of scoring opportunities every game. You can't continue to concede 2 goals per game while barely scoring and expect thing to work out.

Ah yes, can't believe nobody has thought of that yet, we just need to make ourselves hard to beat, somebody tell Robins!

Come on mate. Do you really think we have regressed in that sense and that we are easier to break down this season compared to last?

It's not us that has regressed, it's that the opposition is on a whole other planet compared to what we faced last season.

hill83

For me.

I know we are up against it and every game worries me.
We look shit at the moment.
We will hopefully improve.
I'm fully aware of the resources available to other teams in the division compared to us and that will be a factor. (already is a factor)
Doesn't mean it can be used as an excuse all the time though.
Carling tastes like shit.

Evo1883

Which fixtures do you believe points lie?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
The teams you'd imagine will be in the bottom half, these are the games we must be confident of taking points.. Otherwise we pack up and start again next season... There aren't 24 great sides in this league

Users who are viewing this thread