Local elections (2 Viewers)

Grendel

I’m against a hard border between the U.K. and Ireland.

I see. So if Scotland became independent would you be happy with a hard border between northern Ireland and Scotland?

skybluetony176

I see. So if Scotland became independent would you be happy with a hard border between northern Ireland and Scotland?

Not as bothered if for no other reason that it wouldn’t effect my family negatively much if at all. Although for what you describe to happen either Northern Ireland or Scotland would have to leave the union so it wouldn’t actually equate to hard border in the United Kingdom. I think you’re confusing the British Isles for the United Kingdom. Not nearly the same thing.

Grendel

Not as bothered if for no other reason that it wouldn’t effect my family negatively much if at all. Although for what you describe to happen either Northern Ireland or Scotland would have to leave the union so it wouldn’t actually equate to hard border in the United Kingdom. I think you’re confusing the British Isles for the United Kingdom. Not nearly the same thing.

Classic

Sick Boy

The lefties are shitting themselves,The rise of Farage and the peoples party!!!

Yeah, it’s terrifying. A man who consistently failed to become an MP in the UK will continue to be an MEP in a parliament he wants to leave.

The people’s army - ha ha ha - a man of the people hahahaha! This is the same man of the people who didn’t bother marching in his own march and suddenly appeared right at the end.

Evo1883

How many seats did the colossal pricks the conservatives lose in the end ?

Evo1883

There was a post on Twitter that gained a lot of traction from a leave voter who voted Liberal Democrat’s in the locals and has down for years simply for the fact they have done good in his local area .
He says he would NEVER vote for them in a general election .

I don’t know why remainers are getting excited about local election results lol

NorthernWisdom

There was a post on Twitter that gained a lot of traction from a leave voter who voted Liberal Democrat’s in the locals and has down for years simply for the fact they have done good in his local area .
He says he would NEVER vote for them in a general election .

I don’t know why remainers are getting excited about local election results lol

Probably because righty leavers are coming up with the bollocks that Lib Dem and Green gains = desire for Brexit!

Evo1883

Even the PM is doing it. It’s apparently a signal from the electorate to get on with it. Nothing else, just get on with it.

Well if that’s the case it’s pathetic , however if you look through social media , there is a clear group of people who are oddly celebrating , it’s not leavers

skybluetony176

Well if that’s the case it’s pathetic , however if you look through social media , there is a clear group of people who are oddly celebrating , it’s not leavers

It’s hard to take any message away from council elections other than people are pissed of with the main two parties. Personally I’m not reading anything into it beyond that.

I voted Green and will be again in the Euro elections should they happen. Brexit is not the overriding issue for me reaching that decision. My decision is based primarily on environmental issues.

NorthernWisdom

It’s hard to take any message away from council elections other than people are pissed of with the main two parties. Personally I’m not reading anything into it beyond that.
It's nonsense to do so.

Frankly, in the Euro elections the two main parties should not bother to stand, and then see truly what people think. No chance of protest votes then, or people sticking blindly to a tradition of voting Tory or Labour.

They're not brave enough to do that, alas...

Evo1883

You're living under a rock if you can't spot the crazed loons who think this all means the country is desperate for a no deal Brexit.

My experience is what I see on social media , mainly twitter .
I’m not lying when I say I haven’t seen it spun as a Brexit victory , twitter puts the most liked and retweeted tweets at the top , and then it filters down .

Every single post at the top of the hashtag local elections seems to be a remainer celebrating along with the other zombie like FBPE bellends .

I’m only going off what I see , I don’t watch the news anymore , it’s a sure fire way to get the least balanced view ever

Going off your logic , remainers are acting like crazed loons over local elections

NorthernWisdom

My experience is what I see on social media , mainly twitter .
I’m not lying when I say I haven’t seen it spun as a Brexit victory , twitter puts the most liked and retweeted tweets at the top , and then it filters down .

Every single post at the top of the hashtag local elections seems to be a remainer celebrating along with the other zombie like FBPE bellends .

I’m only going off what I see , I don’t watch the news anymore , it’s a sure fire way to get the least balanced view ever

Going off your logic , remainers are acting like crazed loons over local elections
I can only assume you're a closet remainer, as I see plenty claiming this is a vote for no-deal Brexit.

And I acknowledged in my very first reply to you that there were some doing as you claimed.

You're right about the news not being balanced btw, it's all about the fact May and Corbyn see this as a vote to get on with Brexit.

Evo1883

I can only assume you're a closet remainer, as I see plenty claiming this is a vote for no-deal Brexit.

And I acknowledged in my very first reply to you that there were some doing as you claimed.

You're right about the news not being balanced btw, it's all about the fact May and Corbyn see this as a vote to get on with Brexit.

So the bottom line is both sides are claiming victory ? Which is absurd either way

Grendel

Grendull on this very forum for starters. Although he’s trying to backtrack after saying it in plain English.

Nope never said it but then again facts aren’t you strong point are they

Grendel

I put what you said in bold and underlined it when I replied to your post that you said it in. You said it.

No I didn’t - are you Dumber to Marts Dumb?

Sick Boy

Good old Nige, take a look from 05:50.

The notion that the EU wants to collapse Africa and the Middle East and ‘flood’ the EU with Islamists is insane...oh yeah and apparently the left is allied with radical Islam and the EU is trying to create a navy to stop Italy and Spain from denying illegal migrants entry into Europe.

Anyone voting for him as a protest is off their head.

Actually watch the whole thing it’s great at showing his true colours.

Last edited:

martcov

Mart, what are your views on Brexit? Don't think you have ever said.

giphy.gif

Not too keen on it.

martcov

So Farage will be destroyed in the EU elections and the Lib Dems will storm to the front - is that what you are saying?

No. As I said before, the pro remain parties split the remain vote. Added together they will not be far behind at the end of the day.

martcov

I was thinking Spag Bol and a couple of cans of Strongbow?

That's if he really wants to impress.

I don’t need cans of Strongbow. I have a pub called Strongbow’s full of beer and cider. And we do Fish n Chips. We don’t allow smoking or reading the Sun or Express, so he won’t be visiting my pub. We will have a Brexit Party though when the whole Brexit thing collapses in flames.

martcov

No, it’s the Liberals who had the best day in years in the local elections. I wonder why you think that’s odd?

Ian1779

No, it’s the Liberals who had the best day in years in the local elections. I wonder why you think that’s odd?

Yes on the face of it you are right, but when you dig a little deeper it is not as straightforward as that.

1. The Lib Dems have only really just about recovered from the losses they made in 2015 post coalition. So there has been an equilibrium of some sorts in a lot of places.

2. Someone did an analysis of one of the councils the Lib Dems took control of, when they broke it down to the voter detail, they found that the Lib Dems vote had only increased by 1000 votes, however the Tory vote imploded - it simply did not turn out at all, causing a 'huge swing' to Lib Dems. Now that won't be applicable in every case, but it puts some important context into some of the results.

The 2 main parties have lost voters for different reasons, not all to the Liberals, but some to no-one at all, as well as more independent and Green councillors than ever before.

I don't think the results definitively provide a clarity in either direction on Brexit, there is no more desire to Remain than leave.

If the EU election turnout is low, does that mean that the Brexit party impact will be more emphatic?

martcov

Yes on the face of it you are right, but when you dig a little deeper it is not as straightforward as that.

1. The Lib Dems have only really just about recovered from the losses they made in 2015 post coalition. So there has been an equilibrium of some sorts in a lot of places.

2. Someone did an analysis of one of the councils the Lib Dems took control of, when they broke it down to the voter detail, they found that the Lib Dems vote had only increased by 1000 votes, however the Tory vote imploded - it simply did not turn out at all, causing a 'huge swing' to Lib Dems. Now that won't be applicable in every case, but it puts some important context into some of the results.

The 2 main parties have lost voters for different reasons, not all to the Liberals, but some to no-one at all, as well as more independent and Green councillors than ever before.

I don't think the results definitively provide a clarity in either direction on Brexit, there is no more desire to Remain than leave.

If the EU election turnout is low, does that mean that the Brexit party impact will be more emphatic?

The angry people are more likely to vote than people who are just getting on with their lives. Farage is winding people up and telling them that politicians are conspiring against them. He claims the people just want to leave. He doesn’t mention the at least half that want to remain at his meetings or in his interviews. He just repeats the lie and the more he repeats it, the more people hate the politicians who they are now convinced are working against „the people“. The Brexit Party supporters will turn out in force. The lower the turnout, the better for them. Then after they are in, they will announce the program that people voted for and, maybe, who their backers are. Not a nice situation.

Grendel

The angry people are more likely to vote than people who are just getting on with their lives. Farage is winding people up and telling them that politicians are conspiring against them. He claims the people just want to leave. He doesn’t mention the at least half that want to remain at his meetings or in his interviews. He just repeats the lie and the more he repeats it, the more people hate the politicians who they are now convinced are working against „the people“. The Brexit Party supporters will turn out in force. The lower the turnout, the better for them. Then after they are in, they will announce the program that people voted for and, maybe, who their backers are. Not a nice situation.

Hold on, you’ve claimed the Lib Dem council performance was a desire for repealing Brexit - but that was a low turnout so what’s the difference?

Nigel has you rattled

martcov

Hold on, you’ve claimed the Lib Dem council performance was a desire for repealing Brexit - but that was a low turnout so what’s the difference?

Nigel has you rattled

No, I didn’t. I said that although you cannot count the local elections as a mini referendum, the liberals being remain didn’t stop people voting for them.

I also said that the combination of remain parties will come out about the same % as the Farage Party.

Grendel

No, I didn’t. I said that although you cannot count the local elections as a mini referendum, the liberals being remain didn’t stop people voting for them.

I also said that the combination of remain parties will come out about the same % as the Farage Party.

There is only one remain party Chukka the hypocrite, Heidi the non entity farage.jpg and Anna the bigot

Users who are viewing this thread