Sky Blue Pete

much change?

Labour 30%
Con 20%
Lib 10%
UKIP 15%

Anyone else?

chiefdave

I always vote as I believe you should always use your vote but I have no idea who to vote for this time. The options seem so poor I might not bother.

Conservative and Labour are out based on the cross party stance towards CCFC. UKIP are out as their policies are way out of line with my views.

That leaves Greens and Lib Dems. Greens didn't cover themselves in glory locally with Aimee Challenor and there is literally no trace of their candidate in my ward. Can find nothing on their candidate online, even the local Green Party social media doesn't' mention her. Same for the Lib Dems, no sign of our candidate in person or online, plus they now have Aimee Challenor working for them.

Which leaves nobody at all to vote for. Not even a comedy party as some sort of protest vote.

They wonder why people aren't engaged in politics. I've literally not heard a thing from a single candidate, no door knocking, no leaflets through the door, even when trying to seek them out online nothing comes up. No wonder they think they can do what they like and get away with it.

Nick

Administrator
I always vote as I believe you should always use your vote but I have no idea who to vote for this time. The options seem so poor I might not bother.

Conservative and Labour are out based on the cross party stance towards CCFC. UKIP are out as their policies are way out of line with my views.

That leaves Greens and Lib Dems. Greens didn't cover themselves in glory locally with Aimee Challenor and there is literally no trace of their candidate in my ward. Can find nothing on their candidate online, even the local Green Party social media doesn't' mention her. Same for the Lib Dems, no sign of our candidate in person or online, plus they now have Aimee Challenor working for them.

Which leaves nobody at all to vote for. Not even a comedy party as some sort of protest vote.

They wonder why people aren't engaged in politics. I've literally not heard a thing from a single candidate, no door knocking, no leaflets through the door, even when trying to seek them out online nothing comes up. No wonder they think they can do what they like and get away with it.

Draw a spunking cock on the ballot paper?

Ian1779

The fact people of this city will blindly vote labour because “it’s in the family “ or “we’ve always voted them “ just infuriates me .

Biggest cocks around
Happens for both main parties. We don't have local elections where I live... it's also a Tory stronghold.

Ian1779

Given the wards that are up, I would expect the Tories to take a big hit. There is a higher proportion of rural wards this year, so Tory losses are more likely to picked up by the Lib Dems than Labour.

ccfctommy

You have basically read my mind with this post.

Grappa

Dunno if anymore options in your area but Who Can I Vote For? might show an independent who tickles your fancy.

Reactions: vow

Mr Panda

Who am I supposed to vote for, the conservative who is gonna blast me in the ass or labour who are blasting my ass?

Nick

Administrator
Who am I supposed to vote for, the conservative who is gonna blast me in the ass or labour who are gonna blast me in the ass?

Ring up one of them to ask if they can change to your mouth and make a night of it with them both?

vow

Happens for both main parties. We don't have local elections where I live... it's also a Tory stronghold.
Westeros?
Meant to say Kings Landing tbh, but you're unwelcome there!

Last edited:

Mcbean

we received one circular about one candidate nothing else ( we use postal votes as are in the boondocks so we only know who from the ballot paper ) sadly Jenny with big jugs is not running - no callers - i will vote for anyone who will stop this incessant house building in inappropriate places - ie where there are no jobs and no transport infra structure - i am not normally political but as i get older i have become a grumpy old man

Brighton Sky Blue

The fact people of this city will blindly vote labour because “it’s in the family “ or “we’ve always voted them “ just infuriates me .

Biggest cocks around

It is a lesser of two evils locally. Nationally not so

Brighton Sky Blue

I voted TUSC 3 years ago and think Nellist is possibly standing in my ward this time. Sadly received no ballot paper despite being able to vote in the same ward in 2017 and was told I am no longer registered. Received no paperwork for it either

vow

Green Party or UKIP here in Bablake Ward for me as no Lib Dems and I'm sure as hell ain't voting Labour or Cons in a Local Election.

Mr Panda

Had the option of Con, Lab, UKIP or Greens. Went with Greens.

I usually run a polling station but usually end up hating the public by the end of the day. There's always a few tits who intentionally spoil a ballot paper and have to tell you about it. It's like they don't realise someone at the count who has been paid £70 for the night just sees it's been spoiled and bins it without a second thought...

On reflection I think I enjoy getting annoyed at people on polling day, will go back next time.

Ian1779

Have just realised the reason we can’t vote this time is that the bankrupt Tory council couldn’t afford to run the local elections.... so their reward is to stay in power with no mandate!!!

Grendel

As an aside, I see Rupert Lowe (he of Southampton 'fame') is top candidate for the Brexit Party in our area, for the Euro elections.

He’s got my vote

LastGarrison

Only one of them bothered to even put anything through my door and realised she was the one who ran the Comeback Cake Shop when we were kids and was always dead arsey so had to rule her out. 25 years later.

Liquid Gold

Should have Cov city candidates standing against the fuckers that have been working against the club for so long.

chiefdave

Should have Cov city candidates standing against the fuckers that have been working against the club for so long.
Even if you started a new local party and it took off big time and you won every seat there's only a third of the seats up for election. The system is a mess, votes are practically worthless.

Same at a national level, unless you're voting for one of the two big parties in one of a handful of swing seats you might as well not bother.

System won't change as it would mean those making money off it now voting to change it.

Liquid Gold

Even if you started a new local party and it took off big time and you won every seat there's only a third of the seats up for election. The system is a mess, votes are practically worthless.

Same at a national level, unless you're voting for one of the two big parties in one of a handful of swing seats you might as well not bother.

System won't change as it would mean those making money off it now voting to change it.
I know it would be difficult but Charlton managed it.

fernandopartridge

Where i live there is a parish council run by a clique of lib dems, whilst the rest of the borough is mostly labour. End result is that all borough council ignores my town and the local parish council play this game of blaming every problem on the borough council. I can't stand the fuckers.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I totally forgot this was today until saw the sign outside the church for polling station. No idea who my local candidates were. Tend to go more independent or smaller party like green in locals.

Think turnout for this will be very low cos people are just fed up with politics on a national scale with Brexit and see all of them as incompetent and/or doing it for the career and prestige.

martcov

I voted TUSC 3 years ago and think Nellist is possibly standing in my ward this time. Sadly received no ballot paper despite being able to vote in the same ward in 2017 and was told I am no longer registered. Received no paperwork for it either

We have to be registered here in Germany, so everyone gets a voting form. Much fairer.

CCFCSteve

Looks like both major parties are taking a hammering ! Good ! The Tories have been useless and Corbyns a chancer. They’ve both been a disgrace lately. I feel sorry for the local councillors of the big two parties, a lot of whom are hard working and don’t deserve to be connected to the pathetic mess in Parliament, as they are bearing the brunt of ill feeling. However, hopefully this sends a message, as will the European Elections in the three weeks.

Ps interesting that I believe UKIP have lost seats so far (I think) So all the people who thought this was turning into a racist nation after Brexit should hold their hands up. A majority of people in this country are decent, hard working and tolerant. They have seen the direction UKIP are travelling and don’t like it.

Users who are viewing this thread