Loan Watch (7 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

I believe there’s a week left of the loan window, feel these 4 players need to go somewhere:

Williams - fallen rapidly down the pecking order, Thompson started ahead of him at Gillingham while he was on the bench. 21 years old. Contract expires end of this season.

Thompson - been around for a while, unlikely to make it here. Loan to a suitable club. 21 years old. Contract expires end of this season.

Young - 3 minutes of football as a CCFC player. No Checkatrade anymore to impress. Imagine next loan will help find him a suitable club. 21 years old with 17 y/o Bapaga ahead of him. Contract expires end of this season.

Bremang - 0 minutes of football as a CCFC player. Loan to a suitable club. 20 years old. Contract expires end of this season.

dplzll

Young played L1 games when a 17 year old , had hoped he would of progressed by now to the first team.
Seems he has even slipped down the pecking order in the 23's

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Hasn't Williams had an injury that's set his development back quite a bit? Remember he was out injured for some of last season, not sure what the extent of it was though - could still be working his way back to fitness hence why down the pecking order now

Briles

I believe there’s a week left of the loan window, feel these 4 players need to go somewhere:

Williams - fallen rapidly down the pecking order, Thompson started ahead of him at Gillingham while he was on the bench. 21 years old. Contract expires end of this season.

Thompson - been around for a while, unlikely to make it here. Loan to a suitable club. 21 years old. Contract expires end of this season.

Young - 3 minutes of football as a CCFC player. No Checkatrade anymore to impress. Imagine next loan will help find him a suitable club. 21 years old with 17 y/o Bapaga ahead of him. Contract expires end of this season.

Bremang - 0 minutes of football as a CCFC player. Loan to a suitable club. 20 years old. Contract expires end of this season.

Ive seen young play and he is very talented. Must be more to it.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Didn't we pay in excess of £100K for Williams? Presumably the bulk of which would be add-ons, but still...

Quite a commitment considering we plucked him out of non-league. Pity that he hasn't progressed to the rate of which that was expected since we brought him in, as the club clearly had high hopes for him.

SlowerThanPlatt

Didn't we pay in excess of £100K for Williams? Presumably the bulk of which would be add-ons, but still...

Quite a commitment considering we plucked him out of non-league. Pity that he hasn't progressed to the rate of which that was expected since we brought him in, as the club clearly had high hopes for him.

I think it’s a case of a club progressing too quickly. Some of the players signed in League 2 and I don’t think anyone at the club envisaged being in the Championship within 3 years

The ones closest atm are Drysdale, Eccles and Bapaga but it’s still going to be difficult for them

dplzll

Ive seen young play and he is very talented. Must be more to it.
Maybe its a case of there are younger players in his position who are more likely to progress ,and may be worth more to the club long term , i.e first team /sale on fee

SlowerThanPlatt

Maybe its a case of there are younger players in his position who are more likely to progress ,and may be worth more to the club long term , i.e first team /sale on fee

Definitely - we bought in Evans Harriott from Cheltenham which was reported as an U23 signing and he’s barely had a kick yet. I feel these are the players we need to be concentrating on and if you’re not anywhere near the first team at 21 they need to move on.

I think there’s some streamlining happening anyway as they’ve not signed anyone new to the 23s

shmmeee

Would us being in the Championship change the quality we’d attract much?

If we stick around for a few years will we see a better class of youngster come through or will we still be in the same kind of pool with more established/Premier League midlands clubs?

SlowerThanPlatt

Would us being in the Championship change the quality we’d attract much?

If we stick around for a few years will we see a better class of youngster come through or will we still be in the same kind of pool with more established/Premier League midlands clubs?

The likes of Villa and Wolves spend as much on U23 players as we do first team players

shmmeee

The likes of Villa and Wolves spend as much on U23 players as we do first team players

That’s what I’m asking. I’d imagine even outside the Prem teams like Birmingham are a more established choice for midlands kids.

It would be a shame to lose that connection we’ve had in the lower leagues with the academy if we stay at this level.

Happy_Martian

.... and if you’re not anywhere near the first team at 21 they need to move on.

Funny some others have mentioned Villa as this is the exact sentiment they had with regards to O'Hare and his lack of first team opportunities.

SlowerThanPlatt

Eccles and Drysdale both playing for Gillingham against Oxford at 1PM (not on TV).

The latter is playing in midfield again, have to think it’s a pointless loan unless CCFC have disregarded him as a centre back?

TomRad85

Eccles and Drysdale both playing for Gillingham against Oxford at 2pm (not on TV).

The latter is playing in midfield again, have to think it’s a pointless loan unless CCFC have disregarded him as a centre back?
He's playing mens football and at a good level so wouldn't call it pointless. And who knows, maybe fatty Evans has seen something Robins hasn't and he'll do well in midfield.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

He's playing mens football and at a good level so wouldn't call it pointless. And who knows, maybe fatty Evans has seen something Robins hasn't and he'll do well in midfield.

The parent club would have most of the say in what position they want their player to play

We are trying to develop him for our team not Gillingham. If he comes back here playing the whole season in midfield and CCFC see him as a centre back it’s been pointless

TomRad85

The parent club would have most of the say in what position they want their player to play

We are trying to develop him for our team not Gillingham. If he comes back here playing the whole season in midfield and CCFC see him as a centre back it’s been pointless
And you don't think he'd develop more playing League One regardless of position than in our under 23s?

SlowerThanPlatt

And you don't think he'd develop more playing League One regardless of position than in our under 23s?

If he was playing in the correct position yes. If they’re going to play him in a position we won’t then no

larry_david

Is he deffo playing midfield? He's deffo a bit of a classy cb from what I've seen, often bringing it out into dcm position. Perhaps that's helping him?

fernandopartridge

Tbf Gillingham are going well, Evans did a good job last season and they were an outside shout for the play offs before the curtailment.

As for Drysdale, somebody on twitter reckons Robins will have discussed his use with Evans, so not sure much can be read into him playing in midfield.

ceetee

Perhaps CCFC see Drysdale having CM potential so are using Gillingham as a try out

There again it could be Evans doing what's best for Gills

Who knows?

Brighton Sky Blue

That’s what I’m asking. I’d imagine even outside the Prem teams like Birmingham are a more established choice for midlands kids.

It would be a shame to lose that connection we’ve had in the lower leagues with the academy if we stay at this level.

Don't think so, there's no reason we can't continue to do that and use L1 and L2 to send them to like minded clubs. The bigger if is staying in the 2nd tier long enough to do it

Garryb80

Perhaps CCFC see Drysdale having CM potential so are using Gillingham as a try out

There again it could be Evans doing what's best for Gills

Who knows?
Fairly sure they play 3 at the back and he was in the 3. People just taking the formation from sky sports

Happy_Martian

Just reading the Kent Online newspaper (Gillingham's local rag) and this quote from Evans from last weeks game may be of interest here

" “I was really impressed with Declan Drysdale, we brought him in as a centre back and I think he played centre mid very well. He is still developing and learning and second half at Shrewsbury (last week in the league) he helped us get a point, he was excellent.”

Samo

Players playing out of position?
Isn't that almost illegal according to a host of rigid thinkers on this site?
Gaskets will blow when this gets around!!!!

Legia Sky Blue

I pointed out in the Summer that Drysdale has all the attributes to be a holding midfield player (more so than Dabo :)) so I will be interested to see how he gets on if they persevere with him in a midfield role.

Users who are viewing this thread