Loan Watch (2 Viewers)

skybluegod

Bosma is a strange one.

I remember when I was working at the Academy, they used to recruit some players, if they would help physically with the younger age groups. They often brought them in to help the more technical players. I at first thought that was what he was, but it's strange if that was the case as he keeps being loaned out...

Nick

Administrator
I remember when I was working at the Academy, they used to recruit some players, if they would help physically with the younger age groups. They often brought them in to help the more technical players. I at first thought that was what he was, but it's strange if that was the case as he keeps being loaned out...

I'm in my 30's and quite big. If they need somebody to just try and tackle the academy kids all day I will do it!*

*Cant guarantee Id get anywhere near them though, if I did I can't guarantee no injuries due to clumsiness.

skybluegod

I'm in my 30's and quite big. If they need somebody to just try and tackle the academy kids all day I will do it!*

*Cant guarantee Id get anywhere near them though, if I did I can't guarantee no injuries due to clumsiness.
It was interesting as they said that was the problem with Conor Thomas/ Cameron, Jordan Clarke, that team, was based on physical attributes rather than technical which is why they never progressed further than the lower leagues

Magwitch

It was interesting as they said that was the problem with Conor Thomas/ Cameron, Jordan Clarke, that team, was based on physical attributes rather than technical which is why they never progressed further than the lower leagues
They all earn money playing football and why ? They are good enough, surely an Acadamy has done a good job with them.

Covstu

yep everyone cannot be superstars, you will always have 2-3x players that wont make it to Championship level compared to those that do. We have had a decent streak of very good players come out of the academy but that wont last forever....

skybluegod

They all earn money playing football and why ? They are good enough, surely an Acadamy has done a good job with them.

Where did i say they weren't good enough? I simply said that they didn't progress any further. The academy was very proud of it's work with them, but have now changed approach.

Magwitch

Anyone who gets a professional contract playing football are bloody good players, look how many teams there are below EFL level and times that by 18 or so, the one qualification you must have is you have to be good enough.

skybluegod

yep everyone cannot be superstars, you will always have 2-3x players that wont make it to Championship level compared to those that do. We have had a decent streak of very good players come out of the academy but that wont last forever....

We have a lot of good players coming through, i'm sure STP, will know the exact names, but I have heard we have at least a couple in most age groups coming through.

skybluegod

Anyone who gets a professional contract playing football are bloody good players, look how many teams there are below EFL level and times that by 18 or so, the one qualification you must have is you have to be good enough.

Again nobody said they were bad players.

vow

No one has said they were bad players m8, sounds like the Academy is looking for more technical than physical attributes of youth?

skybluegod

No one has said they were bad players m8, sounds like the Academy is looking for more technical than physical attributes of youth?

Exactly, the emphasis is on spotting the technical players- like Maddison, Bayliss, Stevenson, Thomas, as this is where the money is, this is what keeps the academy going. Everyone catches up physically eventually, so the advantage of physical young players only lasts until they are 18. Plus it easier to buy in more physical last talented players than it visa versa.

Reactions: vow

Covstu

We have a lot of good players coming through, i'm sure STP, will know the exact names, but I have heard we have at least a couple in most age groups coming through.
lets hope so, as we have virtually nowt income streams elsewhere we need to be able to bring these players on and sell when required.

larry_david

I checked the twitter feed of Mickleover and they said Reece Ford was subbed after 17 mins (injury I assume) but our website says he impressed for the match.
Good to see Maycock is playing week in, week out even if Macclesfield are terrible at the moment. Can't wait for JP to be fit, hopefully he can fire a few goals in for them.

SlowerThanPlatt

Telford 0-5 Leamington

Maycock played the full 90. Walters unused sub.

Both of these players contract expire in the summer and I imagine neither of them will be kept on.

Sky Blue Harry H

Just had a look at Chesterfield v Notts County and saw that Charlie Wakefield was subbed (for Chesterfield) on Saturday - didn't know he'd gone there (unless there is another Charlie Wakefield)!?

Edit: haha - there is another one!!

Grendel

Are we really after some centre half from Shrewsbury or is the EFL site rubbish

better days

I would have thought we are fairly well stocked with defenders
Maybe there's been interest in one of our young central defenders from higher up the leagues?
Hyam's new deal came a bit out of the blue for instance
It's always better for the selling club if they have a player others are targeting on a long contract

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Maybe there's been interest in one of our young central defenders from higher up the leagues?
Hyam's new deal came a bit out of the blue for instance
It's always better for the selling club if they have a player others are targeting on a long contract

Don’t do this to us Better days!!! I’m hoping that’s just you speculating rather than having heard something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

better days

Don’t do this to us Better days!!! I’m hoping that’s just you speculating rather than having heard something...
Definitely not heard anything but the timing of the new contract is interesting if there are rumours of us being after another central defender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magwitch

If Robins can sign players he believes are better than what he has he should he not only has this campaign in mind but possibly being in a higher division next season, the Shrewsbury centre back was very good, pacy too, I liked one of their midfielders too another big tough six footer

Users who are viewing this thread