Loan Watch (2 Viewers)

Frostie

Frostie, I don't doubt that the club have been given some praise. I guess very important details like what has been said and by whom, matters and based on your post is unknown. Given you have invoked a "the people in the know think he is great vs silly me from the stands knows nothing" type argument. Please recall and preferablely link to some of the numerous eulogies people have given Badlan and the CCFC set up in podcasts so we can at least review the substance and validity to your claims.

Your link to the agent of Rose praising Badlan!! Have a think and see if you can come up with any reasons a football Agent might have a vested interest in his praising the abilities of a recruitment manager like Badlan!! Who lets not forget has already put money directly in his pocket by signing one if his players!!

Like you, I have heard Robins praise Badlan a few times and thank you for linking to a supporting story where he has. I would hope sure your smart enough to appriciate the possibility of sub texts being used, and that Robins words of praise could be for more than one reason.

Granted it could be the one dimentional comment you clearly believe it to be, and that Robins just thinks Badlan is just an phenomenally impressive lead scout. But perhaps the is another factor at play and Robins like all managers wants be able to sign players and is trying to give Joy etc confidence in the recruitment team so she has confidence and sanctions more spending?

Your conspiracy theories are just odd...
Has Michael Rose's agent praised every head of recruitment that's signed one of his players then I assume? Your turn for links please...

If you're so convinced Robins is praising Badlan in order to get more money, the opposite argument is just as likely to be true. As he's saying we're doing phenomenally well already on a shoestring, why would we need more?

I've literally told you where to look & a podcast to listen to? The MRKT Insights team frequently name drop us & Jay Socik who is part of the recruitment team at Luton & previously Swansea & various others has often praised us on his personal Twitter too.
I sense you're not actually interested though & are just trying to backup some strange agenda.

Why not read the article in The Athletic about Badlan's role in the Sam McCallum signing too & why he joined us rather than anyone else whilst you're at it?

Also, why have you deleted your reply to @chiefdave 's post saying that you're not convinced about his record of his signings impacting the first team? I'm guessing it's because you subsequently realised just how ridiculous it is?

Skybluemichael

It's a shame for him really as he's essentially packed up his entire life and move to the UK in an attempt to further his career and it just hasn't worked out.

However, if he's struggling to cope with his fitness/weight in L2, then without beating around the bush, he's got little hope of making the grade in the Championship, or even in L1. Regardless of what league we're in come summer it's probably best for both parties if he finds himself another club.
Maybe he got covid and turned into long covid, that would explain his fitness didn’t better days say more players have had it, we just wasn’t told about it

Sick Boy

Maybe he got covid and turned into long covid, that would explain his fitness didn’t better days say more players have had it, we just wasn’t told about it
It would make sense.
With all the stuff going around about long Covid right now, Walker could well be suffering from complications related to that as well.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Could be, as it's pretty strange that he's 14 games into a loan spell at a club and he's still lacking fitness. Equally, if he'd contracted it whilst suffering with his asthma issue that would've inevitably knocked him for six and undoubtedly increased the chances of him suffering from long Covid.

Brighton Sky Blue

Declan Drysdale off the mark for Cambridge in an important win for them away at Newport yesterday. Not the keeper's finest moment.

Liquid Gold

Declan Drysdale off the mark for Cambridge in an important win for them away at Newport yesterday. Not the keeper's finest moment.

The quality of that level compared to where we are now is chalk and cheese. I can't believe it was only a few years ago I was piss wet through watching us fail to get a win there.

Brighton Sky Blue

The quality of that level compared to where we are now is chalk and cheese. I can't believe it was only a few years ago I was piss wet through watching us fail to get a win there.

Watch the highlights from Grimsby v Bolton yesterday to be in even further disbelief

SlowerThanPlatt

Billson has gone to Scunthorpe for the season. A good move for him if he can get games (obviously).

Scunthorpe United is delighted to have completed the season-long loan signing of Coventry City goalkeeper Tom Billson.

The shotstopper arrives at the Sands Venue Stadium for his first EFL loan spell away from the Sky Blues.

Billson has risen through the ranks in the youth set-up at Coventry, making a breakthrough in the Under-23s during the 2018/19 season, where he also went out on loan to non-league side Barwell towards the end of the year.

He enjoyed a run in the Under-23s during the 2019-20 campaign, as he established himself as number one. The youngster’s performances throughout that year saw him rewarded with him making his professional debut for City in the Carabao Cup second round against Gillingham.

Another impressive season with the Under-23s saw Billson rewarded with a new contract back in December of 2020, as he extended his stay with the Sky Blues until June 2023.

First team manager Neil Cox told iFollow Iron: "This is one we've been trying to sort for five or six weeks now. I'd just like to thank Coventry City for helping us out and making this happen really.

"The boy's been excited about the prospect of coming to this football club but everything had to be done right, and I'm over the moon that he's in the building.

"He's 6ft 3in, a big unit, strong, brave and got a lot about him. He's an organiser and another good player we've brought in. I think he'll be a good signing for us.

"(Coventry manager) Mark Robins rates him highly and he was telling me how he's an excellent goalkeeper, a brilliant shotstopper and has been in and around their first team but he needs a loan move.

"He's been training with Coventry so far this pre-season and now comes into the building, and has enough time to play some friendly games with us."

Terry Gibson's perm

This is a good quality loan and if needed we should do a deal where we pay most of the wages if he is first choice and if he isn’t they pay all, I think this happened to us at one stage?

SlowerThanPlatt

Jack Burroughs becomes the second player go out on loan, he’s gone to Ross County in the SPL for the season.

Manager Malky Mackay has said, “Jack is a player that through his involvement with the Scotland youth squads I have been able to watch and see develop. He is an athletic and powerful runner as well as being versatile with the positions he can play. He is a player we have tracked for some time particularly over pre-season where he has played a number of key positions for Coventry, a versatility we can certainly use this season. He is a talented young man that I look forward to working with closely."

"We would like to thank Coventry City for allowing us to help Jack’s development and welcome him warmly to the Highlands.”

Scunthorpe and Billson start their season against Swindon tomorrow, Ross County play Hibernian on Sunday

fernandopartridge

Jack Burroughs becomes the second player go out on loan, he’s gone to Ross County in the SPL for the season.

Scunthorpe and Billson start their season against Swindon tomorrow, Ross County play Hibernian on Sunday

Malky Mackay in charge there, was he linked to us heavily as a player or a manager?

Users who are viewing this thread