Loan players (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

Are you Happy having all these loan players? .
I used to hate it when we did it.
We have five loans two Sheaf (fee agreed with Arsenal for him) Matty James all being well to sign permenantly at the end of the season and Ostigard is at the end of his contract so fingers crossed we get him 50/50 on that one so added to them we have the two left backs and newbie Viktor.

Gibbo

How about the new striker being in the stands for the first game - to watch. It would fit with the Robins approach. Sorry if it has been said before.

Alkhen

Normally no but this years loans feel different, less scatter gun panic loans

• Sheaf we have an option/obligation to buy, will be a good player
  • McCallum was ours sold for good money and since been loaned back twice to us. excellent business
  • Giles is on a second loan to us. probably the least obtainable as he has signed a longterm deal with Wolves.
  • Østigard is excellent so worth a spot but is also out of contract at the end of the season. would love to go in for him
  • Matty James great pick and we have already talked about making the move permanent
  • Gyökeres had to be done, see this as emergency cover as our two main strikers are out

6 seems a lot but 2 are planned to join full time, 1 is out of contract so its a good chance to get to the front of the queue, 1 is basically like having someone else pay us millions to keep our own player for 2 more years and the last 2 are/were gaps that needed plugging

rexo87

Nope

Ostigard - Out of contract end of season realistic chance of making deal permanent

Sheaf - Already got an obligation to buy so barely a loan

James - Robins already mentioned we will be looking at making deal permanent at end of the season.

McCallum - doesn’t feel like a loan as he was our player permanently up until the summer

Giles - don’t really rate and he is one player who I would say is your classic ‘loan’. Just signed a 5 year contract with Wolves with not much to prove

Gyokeres - lots to prove after failing at Swansea

The point is the vast majority of them have a lot to prove and at least half could easily be our players next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Normally no but this years loans feel different, less scatter gun panic loans

• Sheaf we have an option/obligation to buy, will be a good player
  • McCallum was ours sold for good money and since been loaned back twice to us. excellent business
  • Giles is on a second loan to us. probably the least obtainable as he has signed a longterm deal with Wolves.
  • Østigard is excellent so worth a spot but is also out of contract at the end of the season. would love to go in for him
  • Matty James great pick and we have already talked about making the move permanent
  • Gyökeres had to be done, see this as emergency cover as our two main strikers are out

6 seems a lot but 2 are planned to join full time, 1 is out of contract so its a good chance to get to the front of the queue, 1 is basically like having someone else pay us millions to keep our own player for 2 more years and the last 2 are/were gaps that needed plugging

Yeah have made the point it looks worse than it actually is, but still gives us a practical problem around who we leave out of the squad. It isn’t obvious at all who that should be as it’s hard to omit any of them unless we intend to recall Mason

Alkhen

Yeah have made the point it looks worse than it actually is, but still gives us a practical problem around who we leave out of the squad. It isn’t obvious at all who that should be as it’s hard to omit any of them unless we intend to recall Mason

I dunno its that much of an issue. feel like maybe since Giles signed his new contract Robins has cooled on him. At least its a good conundrum to have.

The way I see it is that McCallum will get the nod most games unless we feel supremely confident that we are going to dominate. Shame not to have the option of Giles off the bench as his pace is useful but the season is long and there is no guarantee that all 6 will keep fit right through til the end

Grendel

I doubt we will be signing any loans other than sheaf and so will have to replace the others

Brighton Sky Blue

I dunno its that much of an issue. feel like maybe since Giles signed his new contract Robins has cooled on him. At least its a good conundrum to have.

The way I see it is that McCallum will get the nod most games unless we feel supremely confident that we are going to dominate. Shame not to have the option of Giles off the bench as his pace is useful but the season is long and there is no guarantee that all 6 will keep fit right through til the end

It’s more that we do need a sub for McCallum on the bench

fernandopartridge

I doubt we will be signing any loans other than sheaf and so will have to replace the others

Robins I think suggested that Jones would be looked at permanently in the summer. The Gykores isn't going to need replacing as he is injury cover, you might even say the same about Ostigard. McCallum is the big one that needs replacing though.

Alkhen

It’s more that we do need a sub for McCallum on the bench

Would be ideal but not crucial, Da Costa will be there could fill in in to cover an injury. even if Dabo came over and swapped. it'll be fine.

If Giles isnt sticking around then id bring Mason back for cover although he is more a Leftback than wingback. Champ might be a step too far but he was looking good early last season and was excellent the year before. how is he getting on in Scotland?

Greggs

With Wolves just giving Giles a 5 year deal can't see them allowing him to stay here if he's not starting the majority of games
They're likely to recall him and loan him to another Championship side where he's got more chance of game time
hope so, all of the players hate him anyway, fact.

steve cooper

I would say there will be a certain amount of rotation with players given the conjested fixture list, which may well get worse. including the loan players as and when options allow. So I expect all 6 of them to feature, either in the team or on the bench.

shmmeee

Why's that mate?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He’s taking the piss out of better days who claimed last season no one liked Giles and no one could understand why we signed him. Then we signed him again.

mark82

Giles - don’t really rate and he is one player who I would say is your classic ‘loan’. Just signed a 5 year contract with Wolves with not much to prove

Giles will be 25 by the end of his Wolves contract and suspect he'll have played about the same number of games for them as I have.

Users who are viewing this thread