Loan players (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Which other Championship team could guarantee him regular starts though?
To be fair you could say that about the majority of our squad bar Hamer, Dabo and Ostigard

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

For goodness sake. Why don't fans just try watching the game and make their own judgement.

Giles just does not fit into our style of play. He's not a bad player. But sorry he just doesn't work in our system or style.

He's a liability as wing back.

He will be on his way hopefully.

Stats (over 2 half seasons) will show Robins doesn't know how to get him into the team.

SBAndy

For goodness sake. Why don't fans just try watching the game and make their own judgement.

Giles just does not fit into our style of play. He's not a bad player. But sorry he just doesn't work in our system or style.

He's a liability as wing back.

He will be on his way hopefully.

Stats (over 2 half seasons) will show Robins doesn't know how to get him into the team.

Nonsense.

shmmeee

Giles has literally played as much as McCallum. “Doesn’t know how to fit him into the team” lol

Magwitch

In my option it’s just the case Robins sees McCallum as the better defender and in fairness our defence has improved with him in the team, I also like Giles.

D

Deleted member 11652

Giles has literally played as much as McCallum. “Doesn’t know how to fit him into the team” lol

You keep pushing this stat but Mccallum didn’t join until later in the season. Dabo was then out which led to Mccallum playing on the right and Giles keeping a place. Since our up turn in form (well at least since after the Watford game where our game plan has clearly altered) Giles has hardly featured at lwb. I think he’s started once there but I could be wrong

stupot07

You keep pushing this stat but Mccallum didn’t join until later in the season. Dabo was then out which led to Mccallum playing on the right and Giles keeping a place. Since our up turn in form (well at least since after the Watford game where our game plan has clearly altered) Giles has hardly featured.
He missed the first 2 league games - Bristol and QPR he signed.

There are loads of reasons for the upturn in form. For a start we have played poorer teams this second quarter of the season, we played pretty much all top half/top 6 teams in the first quarter. We have also gone more defensive, playing deaper and trying to play on the break more, and we have stopped fannying around with the ball at the back and playing a bit more direct. The upturn in form also coincided with Marosi getting injured. Purely coincidental.

Last edited:

jackdg

Are you Happy having all these loan players? .
I used to hate it when we did it.

The only position I worry about is Left wing back but I can only assume Robins has targets for summer in this position.

Sheaf is loan to perm so doesn’t really count

The other 3 loans compliment the rest of the squad and cover injuries so can’t complain too much about them.

The litmus test is if they keep us up.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Kelly has proven instrumental in terms of results and leadership, and james also has much more experience. You'd want both playing IMO. Sheaf has a mistake in him at times, taking too much time on the ball which he will iron out over time.

Either may need a rest at some point and Sheaf will step in and it makes more sense to leave out one of the two LWB's as neither are likely to play at the same time. It'd just remove the option of being able to replace them if they were playing poorly. Which I guess we could call mason back for that possibility but he's an out and out LB so not entirely suitable.
Mason is good for position change into a 4231 as he is more of a LB soooo....

PUSB-We_are_going_up

But Giles creates more chances, puts in more crosses, and more or the ball in the opposition half. Not his fault if strikers/o'hare miss them.

No one has disputed thay McCallum is better defensively, just that we shouldn't just discard Giles as he is one of most effective attacking outlets.

Is there a way to compare him(Giles) to Ohare

Brighton Sky Blue

they live in a different world to us, they’re shite in the premier league, then get rewarded for it, and it’s the rest of the championship clubs that suffer for their failings, all kinds of wrong.

Agreed hilarious seeing them call Farke a miracle worker

superskyblue

they live in a different world to us, they’re shite in the premier league, then get rewarded for it, and it’s the rest of the championship clubs that suffer for their failings, all kinds of wrong.
TO be fair to them they sold over £40m worth of players in the summer. That they'd developed and given opportunities. Not exactly cheating is it?

Brighton Sky Blue

They’re getting paid for failing, how is it not unfair, to the likes of us ? .

Parachute payment for first season down is £45 million, £100 million from TV money last season for finishing hopelessly bottom. Isn’t close to fair

Users who are viewing this thread