Match Thread Liverpool U23 Game - Weds - 7PM (1 Viewer)

stupot07

I wasnt there but by the sounds of it, we're struggling for goals again. I really hope the move from the 4231 to a 433 doesn't mean we're only going to attack with 3 men rather than the 4 last season.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Probably doesn't look good that you've come off with a throat infection so they told him to go with the ankle roll lol
The doctor was checking him over on his head / face, I thought it was concussion as I missed what caused it.

block16

Okay game from us. Absolutely nothing creatively all extremely predictable which must be addressed to hit those top spots in the league. Other than that solid all round no bad games at all but if that games anything at all to judge how we’ll play it’ll be a real snooze this season. Let’s hope competitive football wakes us up!

A lot this year will pin on Jobello- far and away our brightest player tonight

Nick

Administrator
Playing out from the back was predictable, if the opposition press high with pressure id worry.

luwalla

Playing out from the back was predictable, if the opposition press high with pressure id worry.
agreed, there were a few times that the goalie nearly got caught out tonight trying to play it out. If its on, then play out form the back, if its not its not! need to sort that out

steve82

Yeah I saw him, I thought it was bremang but then he appeared.

Interesting allesani wasn't in ccfc gear and said "I didn't even have to come" to one of the other players.

He played last night didn't he? Might of been given the night off?

Allassani didn’t play either night and wasn’t listed in either squad, might have a knock. If not he seems well out the picture

I was right by the dugout and by the looks of kastaneer and what he was pointing out to the dugout, is he just isn't well... Kept pointing to his throat as if he's got a virus or something, was blowing after minute 1

I reckon the rolled ankle is just a cover, however that also wouldn't surprise me as the pitch was as bobbly as the memorial park

The doctor was checking him over on his head / face, I thought it was concussion as I missed what caused it.

Think he took a heavy blow to the throat/jaw area from a corner, took the wind out of him for next 10 mins. Didn’t seem to get his breath back and then went down citing the ankle. Likely a combo of both and given the surface and heat wasn’t worth continuing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

He was pointing to the arch of his foot, he got tackled and started limping straight after but dont think it was his ankle

steve82

A typical preseason game for me that started off well enough and a respectable first half with some encouraging passages of play on a surface that was slightly better than the U23’s experienced Tuesday evening.

If you was to conclude your scouting reports solely off that game you’d have slight concerns still but clearly it’s a work in progress. Two new faces would be ideal to compliment the 433 or switch to 4231.

This system and philosophy looks like the full backs will be key to being a outlet, Dabo disappointed for me, looked off the pace and didn’t stand out in his work all night and Mason’s first touch played himself into trouble tho most were at chests height and above, anything to feet and he provided a outlet. Rose and Mcfadzean did the job well enough. Shipley, Allen and Kelly worked like you’d imagine and ticked things over. Hiwula in the central role was offered next to nothing resorting to contending for balls out the air till a switch to the left side berth, a few opportunities followed and unselfishly squared a ball when your looking for a clinical striker to take the shot on. Krastaneer and Jobello looked respectable with Jobello looking very quick and both having good footwork.

First impression is we’re still lacking that killer instinct however it’s still early. The football promises to be good and entertaining in a 433, a balance of grafters with some talent in the side if it gels and links together.

Overall assessment of both nights is Biamou still needs games, no one from the U23’s squad looks quite ready to step up to challenge any player considered a 1st team player other than Drysdale who looked very composed and classy. Has the look currently of a Icelandic international with his long blond locks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobo

Yeah I saw him, I thought it was bremang but then he appeared.

Interesting allesani wasn't in ccfc gear and said "I didn't even have to come" to one of the other players.

Could be getting a run out Saturday? Who knows?

cc84cov

agreed, there were a few times that the goalie nearly got caught out tonight trying to play it out. If its on, then play out form the back, if its not its not! need to sort that out
Trouble is if we go long from goal kicks who are we aiming for to win the long ball ? It’s pretty much coming straight back no height up there...we need a centre forward & number 10 & stick to our 4231 we had success with last season the 433 you just can’t see where the goals are coming from this season.

ccfchoi87

Trouble is if we go long from goal kicks who are we aiming for to win the long ball ? It’s pretty much coming straight back no height up there...we need a centre forward & number 10 & stick to our 4231 we had success with last season the 433 you just can’t see where the goals are coming from this season.

I think they will aim to hit Kastaneer and Jobello.

Sky Blue Harry H

I think they will aim to hit Kastaneer and Jobello.

I was going to say this. Kastaneer, Jobello will generally dwarf full backs and Baka and Max can win aerial balls. it's only Hiwula who is a little lacking (and you would expect him to be the one running onto any flicks). The loan system will help MR plug any deficiencies. I'm not too worried.

Sky Blue Harry H

I also think Allen will be a key attacking player for us. He has a low centre of gravity and is good at changing direction quickly (not unlike Maddison) and I think we will see him breaking through the opposition midfield and threading balls behind the full backs for the likes of Jobello and Kastaneer to come on to.

Skybluefaz

Jobello is massive and likes a challenge

Skybluefaz

Baka is 6'4' so I'd call that height

Evo1883

We should have put them away last night, but we shouldn't make out this draw is disappointing, they beat hearts the other night and last night we made them look really average at times, I don't think the pitch helped either side either, was all over the place

luwalla

Two separate discussions there really... and on the first , re the goalie playing with fire on trying to play it out , id rather it was kicked long and at least we have a 50.50 chance of getting possession in the other half & gives us time to reset at back too anyway

If we play it out form the back 8 times out of ten but then kick it long a couple of times, because the short play wasnt on or was dangerous, I have no problem at all with that...

Legia Sky Blue

I'm fine with playing it out from the back if our defenders have time, space and the ability to do so. They are more likely to get that if they mix it up a little, if it is too obvious teams will just press us high, where we risk losing soft goals. It is also easier to play while the pitches we play on are true and in good condition, but as the season wears on it can become more risky. As an aside, Drysdale looks comfortable with that style, and it wouldn't surprise me if he makes a proper breakthrough this season.

Users who are viewing this thread