Match Thread Liverpool U23 Game - Weds - 7PM (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Result doesn't matter. Its fitness and getting used to playing with one another. Hope the injury to Kastaneer isn't bad.
Agreed doesn’t sound like we are creating much yet though is my worry where the goals are going to come from still hopeful robins will sign a striker

wince

Agreed doesn’t sound like we are creating much yet though is my worry where the goals are going to come from still hopeful robins will sign a striker
Think pre season , was also poor last year , the first game of the season was the first game that team had played together , and I think its gonna be the same this year,(we had a poor start last year) and I suspect the same this year, the amount and the quality of opposition has not been good enough in my opinion, really hope I'm wrong

luwalla

Not true that we didnt create tonight... hiwula had a couple of great chances, Jobello had a couple of chances ( almost knocked out a Liverpool defender with one of the shots ) all inside the box from some. Nice build up play... we created a beautiful chance that somone rattled this bar with from a few foot out ( can’t remeber who hit the shot )
Should have scored at least a couple of them tonight really

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Not true that we didnt create tonight... hiwula had a couple of great chances, Jobello had a couple of chances ( almost knocked out a Liverpool defender with one of the shots ) all inside the box from some. Nice build up play... we created a beautiful chance that somone rattled this bar with from a few foot it ( can’t remeber who hit the shot )
Should have scored at least a couple of them tonight really
Was rose

mark82

How did Bapaga look when he came on? Did he look out of place or could he soon be first team ready? They seem to rate him.

ccfchoi87

Rose looked very good. Jobello was lively. Also the Liverpool right back looked half decent and so did Herbie Kane.

junglej13

Sounds like we have a sound base anyway. Attack is where we are still to improve the squad and I'm sure we will have a couple of quality loan players in this area.

stevefloyd

Why ?? How’s Dabo been ??
Not very good, looks like an accident waiting to happen! I hope he is a development player because not impressed with him at all although its still early days I guess but it looks like he is unsure what to do then when he decides he's caught on the ball, hopefully he will improve.
I thought Shipley had a reasonable game, Jobello looks exciting and very quick,definitely an upgrade on Thomas, lets hope he rips league 1 defences apart. Unfortunately Kastaneer wasn't on the pitch long enough to get a good look at him, I liked the centre back pairings of Rose and Mcfad, Allen was buzzing around a lot up and down the pitch and just seemed to be everywhere, I thought Kelly looked very good and had a great game. Hiwula was his usual self and drifted in and out but still had a decent game, Baka came on and actually looked ok battled well but disappeared the more the game went on but overall a decent run out against supposedly decent opposition and we contained them very well

Sky Blue Harry H

• Allen looked a player (as in the Leamington game). If Jobello stays fit he's going to be a really important player for us. Beats a man can get a shot off, and whips a good cross in. I quite like Dabo, but am still not wholly convinced about the left back position. Like Pask too and thought the keeper did ok - talked a lot to the back four. Early doors, but mildly optimistic!

luwalla

I didn’t think Liverpool offered anything really. Long balls over the top every time first half pretty much... and mostly Overhit! Second half they got a little better, but o great shakes

David O'Day

Not very good, looks like an accident waiting to happen! I hope he is a development player because not impressed with him at all although its still early days I guess but it looks like he is unsure what to do then when he decides he's caught on the ball, hopefully he will improve.
I thought Shipley had a reasonable game, Jobello looks exciting and very quick,definitely an upgrade on Thomas, lets hope he rips league 1 defences apart. Unfortunately Kastaneer wasn't on the pitch long enough to get a good look at him, I liked the centre back pairings of Rose and Mcfad, Allen was buzzing around a lot up and down the pitch and just seemed to be everywhere, I thought Kelly looked very good and had a great game. Hiwula was his usual self and drifted in and out but still had a decent game, Baka came on and actually looked ok battled well but disappeared the more the game went on but overall a decent run out against supposedly decent opposition and we contained them very well
Oh the city fan and their desire to write off s player asap. Remember when sterling was thought of as shit

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Got to say I’m not sure about the Dabo criticism, thought he looked perfectly fine to be honest and we looked most dangerous attacking with him and Jobello. Didn’t think anyone looked particularly bad, disappointing that Kastaneer got injured. I wouldn’t look too much into it, it was 28 degrees at kick off and the pitch was awful. Got to say I was surprised by lack of quality with the ball on the Liverpool side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Anyone notice the lad knocking about in what looked like a Holland tracksuit? He was with Addai for a bit. Looked like a footballer, didn't recognise him though.
Yeah I saw him, I thought it was bremang but then he appeared.

Interesting allesani wasn't in ccfc gear and said "I didn't even have to come" to one of the other players.

rob9872

I thought we were ok and a decent run out. Difficult to judge the standard of tge opposition to know how we really were. I know Marosi first choice but i did like Wilson. Defence caught square a couple of times but will improve as a unit. Hyam a big miss. Really like Allens energy. Wide was decent but I'm really not a fan of Baka and sadly he'll never score enough.

skyblue025

Yeah I saw him, I thought it was bremang but then he appeared.

Interesting allesani wasn't in ccfc gear and said "I didn't even have to come" to one of the other players.
He played last night didn't he? Might of been given the night off?

mark82

Andy Turner says Kastaneer rolled an ankle. Hopefully this will just be a minor injury.

Rolled ankle could be anything from a minor tweak to torn ligaments or even a break. Suspect by the fact he walked off its just minor and the replacement was precautionary.

fernandopartridge

Got to say I’m not sure about the Dabo criticism, thought he looked perfectly fine to be honest and we looked most dangerous attacking with him and Jobello. Didn’t think anyone looked particularly bad, disappointing that Kastaneer got injured. I wouldn’t look too much into it, it was 28 degrees at kick off and the pitch was awful. Got to say I was surprised by lack of quality with the ball on the Liverpool side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The lack of quality is probably down to our intensity, it's our first team

Evo1883

I was right by the dugout and by the looks of kastaneer and what he was pointing out to the dugout, is he just isn't well... Kept pointing to his throat as if he's got a virus or something, was blowing after minute 1

I reckon the rolled ankle is just a cover, however that also wouldn't surprise me as the pitch was as bobbly as the memorial park

Nick

Administrator
I was right by the dugout and by the looks of kastaneer and what he was pointing out to the dugout, is he just isn't well... Kept pointing to his throat as if he's got a virus or something, was blowing after minute 1
I thought it was weird the doctor went on as well. At the end he was limping a bit

Users who are viewing this thread