Match Thread Liverpool U23 Game - Weds - 7PM (1 Viewer)

block16

No thread on this yet that I can see.
Should be a cracking night in Rugby good set up at VS Bar. Many planning on going? Hopefully be a strong city side.
Also any well known liverpool players in this side ?

Last edited:

rob9872

Probably going although I do think £10 for an U23 v U23 game is a bit of a pisstake at a neutral venue. Even have the cheek to charge parking on top of that.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Probably going although I do think £10 for an U23 v U23 game is a bit of a pisstake at a neutral venue. Even have the cheek to charge parking on top of that.
It's our first team not u23s isnt it? Also, anyone know how easy street/free parking around there is? Cheapskate that doesn't want to pay to park and the roads surrounding it look reasonable for parking.

Nick

Administrator

It's our first team isn't it?

Not much different to the Leamington game but better quality opposition.

block16

yeah it’s advertised as CCFC v Liverpool’s under 23’s. I’d imagine it’s goibg to be a strong side from us especially given the price

Last edited:

Exit Stage Left

A few years ago Conor Thomas would have been playing in this sort of game as either a Liverpool Under 23 player or in the Coventry City first team. It shows why a fully strength CCFC is around the same level as Liverpool's Under-23 team and why these friendlies make sense. I think £10 is a fair price. Certainly better value then the £20 they were charging for the Nuneaton friendlies back in 2017.

rob9872

Is it really first team? I thought U23 and then our first team at Swindon on Sat

cc84cov

Think I’ll pop along to this gonna order some tickets tonight pick up from the office at the ground

steve82

Yes attending this one as well tonight. I’ll be walking up to this and arriving early as can see many turning up at 6:45 and missing kick off due to the limited turnstiles at Rugby and moaning as usual

It’s a good well above average ground for the level but access up Butlin Road isn’t the best via car.

Be a good summer evening of football seeing the 1st team players if people can plan ahead accordingly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Tickets haven't arrived so will no doubt join the queue of others who haven't received theirs. Booked parking. Looking forward to this.

torchomatic

I read on Twitter somewhere that parking goes off sale at 12 so you'll have to be quick. It was listed in my eticketing account when I booked.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Yes attending this one as well tonight. I’ll be walking up to this and arriving early as can see many turning up at 6:45 and missing kick off due to the limited turnstiles at Rugby and moaning as usual

It’s a good well above average ground for the level but access up Butlin Road isn’t the best via car.

Be a good summer evening of football seeing the 1st team players if people can plan ahead accordingly

From your message I am guessing you are local, any idea if there are suitable roads around the ground to park and walk to? Thanks in advance!

skybluegod

From your message I am guessing you are local, any idea if there are suitable roads around the ground to park and walk to? Thanks in advance!

All the roads around the ground are fine to park on. It's residential though so will likely be busy even without the football fans. Depending on how far you are willing to walk. If you go a little further down Clifton Road Butlers Leap car pack is free. It is a pub car park, and is about 10/15 mins walk. Alternatively it is about a mile from the town centre, about 15/20 mins walk, and there is plenty of parking.

steve82

Opposite Rugby Golf course is the Butlers leap pub which has parking a short 5/10 min walk to the ground if your looking to arrive in good time.
Other suitable roads possibly are Clifton Road, Eastlands Road, Curie Close or slightly further away St Peters Road, the majority are permit parking terraced lined streets where parking is challenging enough any evening

Be warned however at the junction down from the Butlers Leap pub where Butlers Leap and Clifton Road meet I believe is still 3 way traffic light controlled to let one route through at a time due to road works. It may add time on to your journey depending on traffic so I’d recommend approaching from Clifton Road/Town center end.

Hope this helps, basically I recommend to anyone arrive in good time

stay_up_skyblues

TEAM NEWS: Wilson, Dabo, McFadzean, Rose, Mason, Kelly, Allen, Shipley, Jobello, Hiwula, Kastaneer.

Subs: Marosi, Pask, McCallum, Dryadale, Maycock, Bapaga, Westbrooke, Bayliss, Biamou, Bakayoko. #PUSB

usskyblue

The car parking is a joke

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread