Literally lolling at some of this... (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

True. Then again Lucas said a club should never be ripped from its community.

I, for one, hope this new stadium one day comes to fruition and we never have to look at Wasps insignia every time we play at "home".

Don't worry yourselves. In May 2013 the owners said a new stadium would be built and delivered within 3 years, so next season we WILL be in our new home.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

True. Then again Lucas said a club should never be ripped from its community.

I, for one, hope this new stadium one day comes to fruition and we never have to look at Wasps insignia every time we play at "home".

You do know that you don't have to look at it? There is a football match going on to look at instead.

stupot07

You said not to look at it, I pointed out a fact that you might not have a choice depending on where you sit.

Simple really.

Also most people don't get to the ground at 2.59 and not everyone goes down to the concourse at half time for the entire interval. So for most there will be 45 mins+ in their seat whilst there's no is no match on.

This whole "you should be too busy watching the match to notice" is a load of crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

More crap from Tony, trying to make out those mentioning it are more interested in that than they are about the football team. Don't rise to his bait.

SkyBlue_Bear83

This whole "you should be too busy watching the match to notice" is a load of crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

It's not a real valid argument and skybluetony knows that, he's just saying it as a cheap dig.

skybluetony176

I think this may be Tony's idea of a well thought out argument.

Not an argument at all just an observation. No one is making anyone look at the Wasps logos and there is a football match happening to look at instead. Unless you're suggesting that people are going to look at the Wasps signs so they can moan on here that they can see Wasps signs. In which case it's a very well thought out argument by me.

Sick Boy

Not an argument at all just an observation. No one is making anyone look at the Wasps logos and there is a football match happening to look at instead. Unless you're suggesting that people are going to look at the Wasps signs so they can moan on here that they can see Wasps signs. In which case it's a very well thought out argument by me.

I presume you would use the same argument if it was a Villa badge, or if it made good business sense to merge Coventry and Northampton fcs and have their badge everywhere around the ground.

Nick

Administrator
Again, depending where you sit you can't help but see them? What about before the match when people are there?

Sick Boy

I presume that Tony would also say the say if there was a massive SISU complete with a picture of Fisher. Or a statue of Seppala?

skybluetony176

I presume you would use the same argument if it was a Villa badge, or if it made good business sense to merge Coventry and Northampton fcs and have their badge everywhere around the ground.

Under what set of circumstances is that ever going to happen? You know, you really have lost an argument if you have to dream up never going to happen in a million years hypothetical scenarios to try and prove a point.

chiefdave

The ones on the west stand you can kind of ignore during play but in my opinion it was pretty disrespectful of Wasps to make their crest so much larger than ours, why can't they be the same size?

The ones around the pitch you can't really avoid and the look stupid. I can't think of any other club that puts their crest randomly around the pitch. Again if they had to do it why not put both crests and celebrate it being a multi use stadium? For me they need to be covered when we're playing there.

italiahorse

The ones on the west stand you can kind of ignore during play but in my opinion it was pretty disrespectful of Wasps to make their crest so much larger than ours, why can't they be the same size?

The ones around the pitch you can't really avoid and the look stupid. I can't think of any other club that puts their crest randomly around the pitch. Again if they had to do it why not put both crests and celebrate it being a multi use stadium? For me they need to be covered when we're playing there.

So will Wasps ask for the Wall of Fame to be covered up when they play.
No, of course they won't. People need to grow up.

I have no doubt that once we commit to the Ricoh we can add some signs etc
As it officially stands at the moment we are leaving in a few years so it seems a bit strange to now ask to personalise the stadium.

stupot07

So will Wasps ask for the Wall of Fame to be covered up when they play.
No, of course they won't. People need to grow up.

I have no doubt that once we commit to the Ricoh we can add some signs etc
As it officially stands at the moment we are leaving in a few years so it seems a bit strange to now ask to personalise the stadium.

You're not bothered because despite you stating you don't want wasps here, you now support them. for the rest of us that haven't jumped right up wasps arse, seeing their logo's, paraphernalia, etc in the stadium built for us, still hurts and will possible always hurt.

italiahorse

I think you need to go to the doctors if you can see the wall of fame from your seat in the Ricoh.

I can barely make out the mats from Block 20 but no doubt the powerful binoculars you take for the purpose helps.
I walk past the wall of fame which runs the full length of the East stand outside and not a single Wasps item on view.
No Wasps scarfs yet in the Memorial Garden either.

Nick

Administrator
I can barely make out the mats from Block 20 but no doubt the powerful binoculars you take for the purpose helps.

Really? Quite easy to see in a packed ground when watching if there is a throw in, or if the ball goes out of play.

italiahorse

Really? Quite easy to see in a packed ground when watching if there is a throw in, or if the ball goes out of play.

Not in middle of Block 20.
I might need to go down to the front if I can get through the crowd of sullen people and Samaritan volunteers.

Nick

Administrator
Not in middle of Block 20.
I might need to go down to the front if I can get through the crowd of sullen people and Samaritan volunteers.

Perfectly visible in the middle of the family area.

You might need to go to the opticians!

Sick Boy

If I was selfish, greedy and making a grand a week by exploiting people, I'd probably support them too.

SkyBlueZack

Your attitude is what is wrong with society and the world. Long as you're happy. Screw everyone else. I might be in the minority but the quicker we get our ground back the better. It is a problem for CCFC. Particularly as we're moving towards being self sufficient and have a great manager in charge. The council really have ruined our future as it stands. I hope the wasps deal massively fails and that is the legacy of the council

SkyBlue_Bear83

Your attitude is what is wrong with society and the world. Long as you're happy. Screw everyone else. I might be in the minority but the quicker we get our ground back the better. It is a problem for CCFC. Particularly as we're moving towards being self sufficient and have a great manager in charge. The council really have ruined our future as it stands. I hope the wasps deal massively fails and that is the legacy of the council

Your not in the minority at least with coventry city fans, some people just try to portray its a minority to try and keep you quiet and convince themselves its not a issue.

Users who are viewing this thread